Wanting credit for time served when moratorium lifted.

Chain Policies and Procedures for all Last Dynasty Chains
Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:16 am

Hi all,

I've been out of town for the past few days, so have been behind in reading the boards. AC, Ncatyl is in the 6 million chain, and his question about a credit policy is, I believe, directed only towards our most casual of chains, and was not meant to include the higher output chains.

While LD's XP chains have always been for the stated purpose of rewarding players with more XP than they could otherwise get, there is a difference between the 6 million chain and, say, a 100 million or a 200 million chain. The 6 million chain is in place mostly to offer rank to its members, along with a little bit of extra XP. As long as its members are okay with a more relaxed approach to XP generation (which they probably are or else they would be in a different chain), I don't see a problem if the 6 Million XP chain managers handle vacations a little differently than the way the harder chains are handled.

With all of that being said, AC's point about reading and accepting the rules of the chains before joining remains valid. The database works on a rolling 21 day window. Characters are flagged in the chain status page as showing Upload or Old Data long before the 21 day mark arrives. If people hunt and upload on a frequent, regular basis as recommended, the 21 day window rarely is a problem. The three week timeframe isn't a perfect timeframe, but then nothing is. Overall, it has worked well and we well probably stick with it, rather than trying to "fix something that ain't broke." Especially with software, we might end up with something quite unintended. ;)

Ncatyl offered a suggestion on a way to make an improvement to a process on how one of the chains is run. It seems so far to be a suggestion that is meeting with approval for implementation with the casual chain. I would not expect any sort of change with quota policy with the higher output chains.

I think the above paragraph fairly well summarizes the gist of this thread so far? Nice discussions on this thread, btw. Its refreshing to see where people are expressing differing opinions, asking questions, or whatever, without spiraling down into name calling. :D
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:48 am

Good post Oof. My thinking about the 6 million chain having a bank would give less xp than a semi-regular vassl. In the 6 million chain, a character can make quota for 3 weeks in one day and just upload the rest of the next 20 days. If you give them a bank, then it just broadens that and really isn't necessary anyway.

Any of the chains allow for a vacation and some time to get caught back up as long as they announced the vacation. The 6 million chain should have no problem getting caught up and as I offered before, I would hunt with them for an hour or so to get them caught up and then some if needed.

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:21 am

I think that more interaction between chain members (and clan members too) is a good thing. I also know from experience that seeing the chain page showing one as being behind on quota can be disheartening to downright frustrasting as you work to make it go away, especially in the higher output chains.

I am one of those who have taken AC up on an offer of a hunting trip for xp and, besides a way to quickly get back into the black, it has always been a fun way to see maybe a different part of Dereth or to maybe hunt a different way than I was used to, and that was always a fun thing. I would encourage folks to "cross-chain hunt" when the opportunity arises.

It's a way to possibly begin building relationship with new characters, to learn new hunting grounds, etc.

I apologize for temporarily taking this thread away from its original intent, and now return it to its original thread of discusion, that of talking about establishing a credit system for the 6 Million XP Chain. :)
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Ashida Kim
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Ashida Kim » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:40 pm

I think the rules may need some cleaning up as well. I would suggest letting each chain come up with their own decision about when credit phases out, as each chain seems to exist for a different purpose. For the 6 million chain, my preference would be for the credit not to hold longer than a month.
-May the road to the stars take you beyond your dreams

Robin's Hood - Level 11x Xbow/Tradesmule
Divinatrix - Level 17x Melee Mage
The Sullen Soldier - Level 17x Spear/Tinker

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:41 pm

Glad to see some discussion on the matter. And I agree with Ashida; let each chain decide its own policy on credit.

Order of Hyssop wasn't all that different from food chain, but had different obligations and expectations.

Let us continue the tradition of offering options. :)

Diversify and profit!
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Yes!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:54 am

I could not agree with you more.

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:33 pm

Who is "I"? :)
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Ashida Kim
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Ashida Kim » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:10 am

So, did we ever come to a resolution on this?
-May the road to the stars take you beyond your dreams

Robin's Hood - Level 11x Xbow/Tradesmule
Divinatrix - Level 17x Melee Mage
The Sullen Soldier - Level 17x Spear/Tinker

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:54 am

I'm not sure. I'll re-read this thread and post any recommendations for other chain managers and someone will post any clarifications or changes.
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Scorcha Wench - baby magette
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

laseirna@lastdynasty.net