ATTEN: ALL---GIVE OOF WHAT HE DESERVES (SIGN UP)

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Thorgrim
Farmer
Farmer

ATTEN: ALL---GIVE OOF WHAT HE DESERVES (SIGN UP)

Post by Thorgrim » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:17 am

Listen guys. I dont' know if this will change anything in our clan/chains. But I say if anyone knows Oof, you know he's a pretty fair individual. (ok, he makes mistakes, but who doesn't)

I've been in the chain for almost 2 years, and this guy works his ARSE off, he's got more posts on this board than anybody I know, (close second??) and he really puts the time in to make sure the chains go smoothly. This guy is all heart.

Other monarchies have their top chain managers in a non quota spot. However hard this maybe now since the recent XP nerfs, this is no longer that viable due to the pass up situation. (you know what I'm talking about)

Blue Wizard suggested that we do something special for oof, and since you Oof is married, and that blue eyed blond woman I ordered from Sweden for him, just won't do. I suggest if you guys are interested, in signing up if you are intersted in giving him a non quota post at hte top of perhaps the Casual chain (at least) if he so chooses to take it. Give him the Food chain even! (not taking anything away from Panzer here)

So sign up, like a petition here, and see what kind of numbers we can get! DEMAND IT! He deserves it!

Thorgrim
Kill em' All, Let God Sort em out.
HAR HAR!!!
Live and Let Live
I should be Monarch

luang
High Council

Post by luang » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:24 am

I agree with all of the above.

I think Oof is a hard worker, a considerate chain manager, and a thoughtfull and wise person.

However. There's not only Oof as a chain manager. The other managers are also working hard - and they should get as much recognition as Oof. If you reward one, you should reward all.

And that's where the plan is starting to fail : you can't reward all.

Chain managers (and quest managers, and board managers, and high council...) know what they were up for when they volunteered. I don't think they expect special treatment.

But I'll suggest this : how 'bout we show them respect and gratefulness when interacting with all chain managers ?

No yelling, no 'being pissed off', no blaming ... you get the idea. Just civilised conversation. When we have an issue, we tell chain managers in a polite way. When they ask for feedback on new ideas, we give it to them in an objective and timely manner. And even, from time to time, we give them some <3 and recognition for what they're doing.

I think this is the best reward we can give those great people who give up their spare time for our xp.
Luang, lvl 126 no-magic UA/Xbow
Starting Over, lvl 190 pocket mage and tinkerer
Solclaim Economy Report : http://www.solclaim.be

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:31 am

oh snap. hes got a point.
|
|
|
|
V
You wasted life, why don't you waste the afterlife?

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:00 pm

Lets give Oof the kick in the shin he deserves :D

err wait, wrong rally...
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Thorgrim
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Thorgrim » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:42 pm

Well I disagree guys. But I suppose all chain managers work hard too. Thats not what I meant buy this thread, but check all the posts on this board, the majority is started by oof.......Its sort of disapointing though, not even High council members or other chain managers wish to give Oof a bit of a break.

Thorgrim
Kill em' All, Let God Sort em out.
HAR HAR!!!
Live and Let Live
I should be Monarch

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:27 pm

Ah, but, as much as I appreciate the offer, Oof doesn't want a break either. ;) It's in the nature of volunteer positions that one volunteers to do a job because he or she is willing to help out, and not because there may be a profit in it. I volunteer my time as a way to give something back to the clan.

I really do appreciate the sentiment, but Luang brought out a very good point. There are a lot of chain managers and others, like the high council members, people who run the buff bots, etc., who also give a lot to the clan. I put up a lot of posts because someone needs to be a spokesperson of sorts, plus I type fast. :P Besides, if I didn't *have* to make quota I might end up hunting a lot less than I already do, and then poor Oof would be relegated to being a gimp forever. :shock:
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:11 pm

I guess Oof would not have a problem with a "no-quota arrangement".
But maybe his chain patron has (I didn't even check now who this is) :twisted:

BTW I do much for the clan too - because I hold back maaaany of the things I want to post on the various boards :crazyeyes: :shocked!: :silly:
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:31 am

Ok so he wont' take a position in a chain. Put on the thinking caps boys and girls. Lets find something for Off, AND as so well put , the others that give so much to enrich our game.

1. Agreed there is more than Oof in the equation.

2. All who volunteer thier time are not born equal! I do not in anyway mean to slight the generousity of any of our clan volunteers, the idea was to start somewhere and as preiviously stated Oof is "one" of the most visable. It is a very true statment that there are others and we will get YOU also!

3. It is the nature of fine people like Oof, they are the givers and not takers. They don't expect anything in return for thier service and are so humble and refuse to take anything. WELL WE REFUSE TO TAKE "NO!" FOR AN ANSWER!

4. We MUST and WILL find a way to show apprecation to these people!

5. Ok, a fine argument ahs been made as to the special treatment in the XP chain (He is ONE of the mangers after all, hard to fight that one).

6. Crank up those dead brain cells and lets find something even if we have to hold him down and pinch his nose to make him swallow it!

7. Someone out there has some dirt on Oof, we have to find what IT is and show at least a small token of our deep appreciation.

AND WHEN WE ARE DONE, WE DO IT AGAIN, OOF IS JUST THE BEGINING.
Yes there are many, as the saying goes.... How do you eat an Elephant? One bite at a time! And Oof you are the the first to get biten because WE have to start somewhere. When we are through with you we will move to next the victim!
A Friend to ALL and A Friend in Deed!

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:56 pm

Blue, some of the images in your last post are pretty gross, Pinch his nose until he swallows dead brain cells, *shudder*

Oh, maybe I misread that part. ;)
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net