Attn ALL

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Attn ALL

Post by Blue Wizard » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am

I here by propose that there be some kind of compsation to people like Oof that give so much of thier time to the clan. Please submitt ideas. I know that this takes away from his hunting time and IG time.

SOUND OFF, what do we do for those that are giveing so much for all of us?

And dont give me this humble crap either Oof, we need to find something to show appreciation for you and others that are dedicating do much time to make the caln work. So help us Oof and tell us what you wand, need, crave (sorrry fresh out of Blue eyed blondes).

Most appreciative!
A Friend to ALL and A Friend in Deed!

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:08 am

That's okay Blue, I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't like me picking up a blue-eyed blonde off the Internet. :)

Honestly, I don't think I really need anything. Maybe if you see me wandering around aimlessly and alone in VoD invite me into a fellowship with you (since I don't really hunt VoD solo by choice most of the time). The XP is better in a fellow and, at least for me, the time spent in game is a lot more enjoyable as part of a group. So, yeah, that's about it, get a group of LDers together and me hunting as part of it and I'm pretty much set. ;) (I do appreciate the sentiment though, and thank you.)
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Ian Mac
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ian Mac » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:26 am

Well, I know Oof will be humble, but something like lowering his quota number would be nice, or even exempt. Put him at the top of the chain, somehting like that.
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen from a bough, having never felt sorry for itself."

Ian Mac Lvl 192 Tank Bow
Tristan Mac Lvl 82 Sword
Alchy Mac Lvl 77 Cook/Alchemist
Meagan Mac Lvl 82 Tank UA

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:57 am

Thanks Ian, but the answer to that would be no, and no. If I can't handle quota and the volunteeer position of chain manager, then I simply need to move to a less demanding chain ( or quit being chain manager :shock: :lol: ).

I believe that when chains start showing preferential treatment of members, even to the chain managers, is when rumors of favortism, a lack of trust regarding the evenhandedness with which managers run the chain, etc. can begin too. Plus, with several chain managers on board, where would the preferential placement or the special quota stop? At what point is Oof's work enough to qualify for an exemption but another manager's work isn't?

I really do appreciate the sentiment put forward in this thread, but I'm satiisfied with things the way they are. :)
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:04 am

I'll give him a brown lump a month -- that should hold him over. :D
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:09 am

Woo Hoo! I don't like fruitcake all that much (I think that's one of the recipies using brown lumps?). I was hoping more for monougats. :)
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:10 am

Only if you behave yourself. :lol:
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:48 pm

I think anyone leveling up new toons should alleige them to Oof. or Borg i guess. That would help him make quota without having to do anything if enough xp was made
You wasted life, why don't you waste the afterlife?

Thorgrim
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Thorgrim » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:12 am

NON QUOTA SPOT AT THE TOP OF ONE OF OUR CHAINS! Thats the only thing that GIMP deserves! :lol:

Thorgrim
Kill em' All, Let God Sort em out.
HAR HAR!!!
Live and Let Live
I should be Monarch