Chain Page shows OH as "20 mil." ?

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Chain Page shows OH as "20 mil." ?

Post by Trekman » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:14 pm

Did I miss something ?

Like that the OH quota had been raised from 12 mil. to 20 mil. ?

Or is this renaming in preparation of an announcement to be expected soon ?

And are the Credits calculated on 12 or 20 now ?
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:33 pm

For easier reading, I'll quote and reply.
Did I miss something ?
No, you didn't miss anything. :) At least, I don't believe we have posted anything about updated quotas yet, though the managers have been discussing it. Panzer was updating the database for the new chain and maybe, sort of, jumped the gun a little bit on changing the names of the other chain listings. ;)
Like that the OH quota had been raised from 12 mil. to 20 mil. ?
Not yet.
Or is this renaming in preparation of an announcement to be expected soon ?
It is a renaming in preparation of an announcement to be expected soon, and I supposed now is in excellent time to announce it (at the bottom of this reply).
And are the Credits calculated on 12 or 20 now ?
As far as I know the credit calculation has not yet changed, only the title has.

The OH quota will be "raised" from 12 million a week to 20 million a week, probably soon. I typed raised in quotes because quota is really being raised at all, rather the number is being adjusted to reflect the results of the allegiance system changes. Turbine states that 25% is the minimum passup now, with zero vassal loyalty and zero patron leadership. If I remember correctly from before, passup used to be a minimum of 8.9% (but memory fades fast and I'm not sure right now). We had been using an assumed passup rate of 25% before when we set quota levels. With some testing Panzerfaust and I did with some little reroll characters (high 20s or low 30s in level), we saw a 40% passup rate, even from these little characters. With loyalty and leadership buffed to 200 I think the passup rate was 60+%.

A lot of things changed with the way chains work (much higher direct passup possible, loyalty bonuses playing a much smaller role now, etc.) we decided we needed to update the chain quota but we did not want to actually RAISE the quota. We opted to take a conservative approach with the existing chains and to simply adjust the quota to reflect what we think is the same level of effort required to make quota before. The level of effort required to make quota may even be less, we're not sure yet until the database has more updates in it.

I am also working on updating the policies pages, but that is still very much a work in progress.

I'll make a separate post listing the chains, and the new names and functions, but for now...

The CC will become a Rank Only chain, with no quotas requirements.

The FC will effectively become the CC, with a 6 million quota being a little higher than the old CC (even after it is adjusted) but still very easy to make under the new system.

The OH will remain essentially the OH, with quota being adjusted to reflect (we think) the level of effort needed for the old 12 million per week quota.

The new 100 million chain is for people who can hunt A LOT.

We may begin other chains if clan members indicate a desire for a new offering. The main possiblity that comes to mind with me is a chain between the OH's 20 (pretty easy) and the 100 million (pretty hard), say, maybe with a 50 million quota. We can address new chain offerings as the clan indicates an interest.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:20 pm

ummm-- oops
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:22 pm

Oof wrote:We may begin other chains if clan members indicate a desire for a new offering. The main possiblity that comes to mind with me is a chain between the OH's 20 (pretty easy) and the 100 million (pretty hard), say, maybe with a 50 million quota. We can address new chain offerings as the clan indicates an interest.
We had 3 chains with different quotas.
Now we will have 2 with quotas and one without, essencially covering the same toons as the old 3 chains.

To invent a fourth chain with a "middle quota" essentially is a good idea. And the fact that it will draw away members from current chains (most likely the 20mil) is of no consequence if all chains "stay together" based on the Rank Chain.
Isn't the 100mil supposed to be apart from the other chains ? What about their ranks ?

The problems I see with having more and more chains are

- more work for Chain Management :twisted:
- more "screwed" toons on bottom of each chain who have to pass high quota while receiving a smaller one (or none at all).
- more switching between chains - with yet unknown implications on the yet unknown Loyalty Bonus.....
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer