Chain managers............... Im pissed

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:41 am

Trek and Accadict maybe you should take time out to read the post BEFORE spouting off
Maybe you should have weighed up time in clan against the xp produced since jan rather than going for figures alone. In fact alphabetical order or time in chian already would have been much fairer IMO, at least they would have been things that couldnt have changed in the last 3 mnths, they are a much more stable "figure" to go by.
Under NO circumstances would either of the options i suggested put me on top. (Unless you think the Alphabet starts with K or that you think im so dumb as to asume im the longest standing LD chain memeber ) ?

All I have to say on this post, people only seem to read what they want to read. And I for one have no time to waste another minute of my life answering such people.

Thank You

Kaz
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/kazsamsig.jpg[/img]
<Shindhi_AC> without you kaz, AC woudl be a lot more boring =)

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:07 pm

Well - I "such people" did not join the thread after your opening, but after Thorgrim started to mention "loyalty". And while I see his points, i do not necessarily agree to them, therefore I barged in.

Overall XP production (as opposed to a limited timeframe) might be a valid measure for a chain position. In this respect I agree to your post.
But my agreement on this has nothing to do with "loyalty", only with "chain consistency".

Instantly and regardless of toon age and clan membership duration I would agree that you and Thorgrim should be positioned above me in any chain even if the actual Chain Page would suggest otherwise (which it never does :oops:) - simply because I know that each of you produces much more XP than myself.

But for me (apparently not necessarily for everyone) XP production is not "loyalty", although the related skill is named that way ;).

Overall high XP production undoubtedly is beneficial for a chain - at least it was before the change - but first of all it serves the producing toon her/himself.
I never heard someone say "I beaver away for the chain above me, but not for myself" (unless someone is the lowest in a chain hierarchy solely for pushing XP in the chain, and even in this case he "benefits" from his own XP production).
Normally the high production is meant either to raise the own level+skills faster or to be promoted within the chain, i.e. "to make a chain career" - or both.
Both reasons are perfectly ok, but nevertheless are "primarily in self-interest" and have nothing to do with "loyalty". The fact that (many) others had benefitted from this high production as well is a side-effect that recently got nerfed to oblivion anyway.

Of course it is definitely "loyalty" to stay within a clan/chain even if there are other, more productive alternatives. But in this respect many of us qualify - which I wanted to point out with the example of Trekman.

If *you* read *my* initial post closely, you will see that I concentrated on "loyalty vs. chain position" and at the end I ask "What is this REALLY all about" - meaning : is it about XP production (that you mentioned), is it about "loyalty" (that Thorgrim mentioned) - or both ?

And while I have been insulted personally after this question I did not get an answer yet.
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Jyd
Planter
Planter

no offense but....

Post by Jyd » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:53 pm

LOL :shock:
I'm not in the chain(anymore) so excuse my forwardness. I am however, in the LD and I think that gives me a certain right to comment. Interesting viewpoints all around folks... I must say. EXCEPT FOR ACADDICT. Boy, if you were just trying to offend somebody you could have not typed anything. It was a lively discussion incorporating different perspectives on the question : "What is loyalty?" And "Does loyalty to the clan equal/surpass/replace loyalty to the chain?" (well, not in so many words but that WAS the jist of it). Anyhoo, the whole sucking-of-thumbs-grow-up-why-don't-ya was a little much Acaddict. Nobody insulted you, or anyone else.... but it was leaning towards that.... BRAVO for taking that final step :roll:
"There's no wrong or right, but I'm sure there's good and bad, the questions linger overhead" - E.V.

sinnistar bow'
Gardener
Gardener

Post by sinnistar bow' » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:10 pm

/e agree's totally with Jyd's assesment,

*golf clap* for acaddict!
Sinnistar Bow' 152 LVL 3 SCHOOL ARCHER
Emeril's prep cook 75 lvl alch cook spec
Diabolical Mage 135 lvl Bm

LD and proud to be:)