New Higher Output Chain Starting!!!

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:40 am

Blue Wizard wrote,
What is known about the dynamics of XP passup from your analysis. For exanple any idea of the weight ginve on formula for Loy and Lead skills vs swearing time (IG time as a patron-vassel relationship).

Am I correct that the only critera at the begining will be to pass up 100 millioln XP / Week to patron as shown on XP produced in the aliegence tab in game?
I still don't really know *enough* about the dynamics. Panzer and I have been doing some testing on some smaller characters. On one of the measurements I believe the vassal was at a base 150 loyalty and the patron was at a base 150 leadership (Panzer can correct me if I'm wrong, I think the 150 is right.) we passed up about 65% or so. I handed in an eviscerator pincer and got 3 million. Pan's char (my patron) got about 2 million, so that should be enough xp to be representative of what would happen in a hunting session I think.

We have tested a couple of other instances too, but I don't recall the exact numbers right now (it's late and I'm trying to leave the workplace for the night). I believe in all of our cases we passed up at least 40%. One thing we plan on doing is to untrain leadership on one char and then hunt for several million. We will test that way and then raise leadership 50 points and collect another data sample. Raise another 50 points and measure again, etc. Once we get the time to do that I think we will have a much better idea about the dynamics. We just need to get the time ingame at the same time to do that now. ;)
Last edited by Oof on Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Wimp Lo
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Wimp Lo » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:04 pm

It would seem from your response that my patron's leadership does affect how much I need to hunt. Basically If my patron has leadership of 150 then I would have to hunt less to meet quota than if he had leadership of 50.

It appears that there would be little incentive for a patron to have leadership trained in this situation since their vassal has to pass up 100 million regardless of their leadership.

Wimp Lo
Who you calling a Wimp?

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:09 pm

Yes and no. The quota is based on a 25% passup (which is with 0 loyalty and 0 leadership). If you patron doesn't have leadership trained, you WILL pass up a smaller percentage of what you hunt for; however ,since quota is based on a worst-case scenario right now, hunting for quota will still be manageable.

If a patron chooses not to train leadership they will literally be costing themselves hundreds of millions of xp they could otherwise get. I changed the templates on Oof and Borg in order to take leadership after this changes. In the future we may start a chain where leadership is required, but didn't want to do that just yet since, in some cases, taking leadership will wreck a character's template.

My absolutely definite recommendation is for chain patrons to train leadership, no matter what it takes.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:59 am

I beleive leader should be a requirement. It is in benefit of both patron and especially vassal for everyone in this chain to have leader. I will personally be speacializing both to make life easier for both myself and my vassal. (when i get one =)
i was also wondering how often we would have to upload. I am solely a weekend player. qouta wise this wont be an issue but i hope the three to two week period shrink will not make any difference in upload terms.
You wasted life, why don't you waste the afterlife?

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:56 am

One of the things that will change about this chain as it progresses are the rules for the chain itself. I see it as a possibility that we will either strongly encourage training leadership, or possibly even make it a requirement; however, we would need to look long and hard about the requirement part of it plus talk to the members and see what they want. They reason I'm talking so cautiously about a leadership requirement is that for some toons it would be a huge deal to free up the skill credits to use for training leadership. Also, moving a character's template around might mean redistributing some of the attributes too, and that could take weeks to move a few points around, so we would probably want to approach a leadership required type of rule slowly enough to allow people to plan ahead if we go that route. We still need a better grasp on xp flow before making any decisions about that. Who knows, maybe leadership won't' be a big deal ;)

Quota reporting will probably be every four days. That gives the weekend only hunters a chance to update the database on the weekends before the timer gets old on them. The quota window will almost assuredly be two weeks. I should be posting updated chain policies soon, I hope. My worst-case goal is sometime during this weekend but am hoping to get it done before then.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:25 am

my acstats still does not upload with the correct LD plugin. can i get the site to DL that from?

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:13 pm

http://lastdynasty.net/stats/NewLastDynastyChain.reg

Make sure you set a key vassal. Also, you need to make sure you patron has a key vassal set.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:57 pm

thanks. i would hope i at least know the second part lol. Coji had been in the chain from 50 something to 206

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:42 am

i dont have akey vassal and i wasnt on the chain list so i just set decimate, a vassal of mine as my key vassal so i could upload onto the page.