The Chains Begin...

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:09 am

Is ther any way to be moved up in the cahin or am i relegated to being a pusher?
A Friend to ALL and A Friend in Deed!

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:13 am

If you wish to be removed, simply post a request and we'll get it done.

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:27 am

Blue, the new allegiance system has caused some changes to the chain policy. For now, we're trying to get a feel for the numbers should be. I think when everyone logged in to 9 XP, they froze. :) Hang in there. It's temporary.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:29 am

Blue, the whole idea of "pusher" and being moved "up in the chain" are concepts whose entire meanings are now completely lost with the new allegiance changes.

Granted, someone can still be called a pusher and, yes, they can still generate lots of xp for their patron, but the patron is who the xp ends with. It is true that a patron will pass forward 10% of what was received from his/her direct vassal, and the grandparent will pass up 10% on what was recieved from the chain, but the bottom line is that "pusher" is a term whose meaning no longer applies. Let's say you pass up 100 million to your patron. He will pass up 10 million. The next step up the chain that 10 million turns into 1 million, then 100k, then 10k. That watered down chain passthrough leads to the next thing.

Being "moved up" in the chain used ot mean that one could expect to receive more xp than before. It doesn't work that way anymore. The ONLY thing that will significantly affect the amount of xp being received is your direct vassal (and you can swear to me anytime you want ;) ). High in the chain or the next-to-the-bottom position, it doesn't matter anymore. :(

In direct answer to your question, chain movement will only hurt and won't help anything so any movement (which would reset both your loyalty bonus and the loyalt bonus of the new vassal you would receive) would hurt the xp production. The answer to anyone and everyone in the chain who would like to ask for movement within the chain is "No chain movements are allowed right now except for insertions and deletions."

That being said, I'm guessing the reason you are asking about movement is that you would like to receive more xp from the chain than you have been getting. Moving up won't make that happen; however, moving to a higher output chain segment should. We are trying hard right now to get a handle on pass up rates and trying to determine what may be reasonable quota levels to set. Once we have settled on that we intend on offering a harder chain for those members who hunt a lot. When that happens, as many of the high producers who want to participate will be grouped together and you should see a big increase in received xp then.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:33 pm

Yea the story of my life, a victim of circumstance. My timing stinks. They nerf Life magic and so I leave for year when the XP chains are at thier peak with the fellowsip changes. I come back and and they nerf the chains. OOPS! I better be quiet someone will be running me out of the game saiying its my fault. For once I would like to see change that I could stand up and shout YES, I like this and it enhance my game. No I am not bitter. I would need about 50 pounds of sugar to get to bitter.

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:13 pm

Blue Wizard wrote,
OOPS! I better be quiet someone will be running me out of the game saiying its my fault.
Hey! It IS all your fault, isn't it? :twisted: Where are the pitchforks!? (Oh, where are all of the spear characters when you need them?) :lol:
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:19 am

Flat quota. 6million for Food. 12 for Order.
12 million a joke, you can make that in 20 mins hunting. And if you take a look at the stats in the XP chain, it real easy to see who are the hunters and who are the enough to get by'ers.

Cant say I have an answer, but it is an interesting obersavation if one looks. Add a coupleof coloums to the matrix or avg, the numbers by number of days reporting if you want to see the real perfomance of the chain

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:21 am

If you wish to be removed, simply post a request and we'll get it done.
Easy for you to say when you are sill getting XP in amounts so very few are! BTW you are welcome, then again maybe I should go to one of my other toons andput Blue in storage.

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:14 am

I meant to post something earlier this afternoon regarding "start meeting quota or get kicked out", the new chain, new quotas, etc., but I didn't have time. I'm sneaking a few minutes from work right now to write this.

Either tonight (depending on how late I get home from work tonight) or tomorrow I will post some things. We'll try to get the chains moving again right away. In the meantime, anyone reading this who is behind on quota, better get after it. :P
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:38 am

Easy for you to say when you are sill getting XP in amounts so very few are! BTW you are welcome, then again maybe I should go to one of my other toons andput Blue in storage.
Im not sure what that means. I was just letting know that we will remove you if that's what you want. That's actually NOT easy for me to say. You are one of the highest earning members of the chain and you happen to be my vassal. Trust me, I'd rather you stay! :P

If you wish to play another character other than Blue, or just play Blue enough to make quota, that's your right. I mean, the xp is appreciated but as long as you're making quota you can do play whatever other characters you want. I assure you I won't complain. I'm not like that.

Also, as I've said, I agree that FC and OH quotas are EXTREMELY low and easily met. I've actually thought this since the OH was created, long before the nerf. By the time we finally moved in the direction of increasing quota, the nerf was on. Now, it seems we are in "feet dragging mode" again. So I'm just as frustrated as you Blue. But again, I'm willing to wait it out until we can iron an effective realistic quota increase out that will hopefully make this chain more worthwhile.

I understand the need to collect some data to see what's do-able as far as quota goes, but I too thought the 6 and 12 mill quota being too low was a no brainer. Hopefully we'll be coming out with an elevated quota soon.

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:21 am

here is my beef. im at 0% everything and im still passing. how can i know what quota is? obviously i can easily make it and im sure i allready have but i need a goal to shoot for. whether it be 10 xp or 100 million passed up. when i show as pass i dont feel any need to make xp's. not saying i havent played. any ideas as to when the stat page will be up?
You wasted life, why don't you waste the afterlife?

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:30 am

Im not sure you guys are following.

The page is up right now. It always has been.

The link is in my sig. We need a few days of post patch data to get our bearings. So its important that everyone uploads.

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:10 am

Anyone who is showing 0s needs to get that fixed. IF you are showing 0s, the Pass doesn't mean anything. The database calculates your pass or fail based on a certain percentage of the xp that your vassal gave you. If your vassal hasn't updated, you will show that you received zero xp. No matter what the quota percentage is, you will show up as passed.

We need everyone in the chain to post some numbers right away so the stats page will actually show who is passing and who is not.

Showing 0s will equal being removed from the chain when we start the revmoals in a few days....
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:24 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Im not sure what that means. I was just letting know that we will remove you if that's what you want. That's actually NOT easy for me to say. You are one of the highest earning members of the chain and you happen to be my vassal. Trust me, I'd rather you stay!

What that means is that I did not think your response was very respectful, and I took it as a :( "Could care less, theres the door" response, when at this point in time you are gertting XP much greater than most anyone else! True this not of your doing, and more a luck of the draw that you have/(had?) a vassel that is a manic killer, but I believe I deserved just a little more respectful response. Since you would probably be about 1biillion Xp less now if I had not been your vassel. Vassel or not, your response was disrespectful!

Your Vassel for now!
Blue
Trust me, I'd rather you stay!
A rather strange and confusing way of demonstating that! :mad:

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:41 am

We've been tossing around ideas for new chain models all week and maybe haven't been on top of things as much as usual.
While you are tossing around ideas for new models here are are a few numbers to digest from the old model:

Order .................................. % recieved
in ......................................... vs
chain.................................... passed up
27............. Heatmiser.................. 273%
30............. Vlad.......................... 201%
10............. Sticky fingers.............159%
12............. Thunderblade............. 136%
19............. Trekman the Axeman.....135%
24............. Borg............................. 134%
6............... Compadre..................... 127%
2............... Muneman..................... 126%
17.............. Kazeyar ...................... 125%