The Chains Begin...

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:07 pm

Besides Borg being a mutant, why would you need to give up War? leader is only four. if you are specializing, even still, why would you need to drop weapon tink? to unspec war is 12 and to drop it from trained is 16? or melee? Borg is a mage, right? if you have melee for majors, no amount of majors can make up the 30 total points lost from the war skill if dropped to trained.
You wasted life, why don't you waste the afterlife?

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:09 pm

Looked over the listing, and not very many at all have leader trained, is this going to be a requirement?
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:58 pm

Coji, I didn't drop war on Borg (it's still spec'd). It was Oof I dropped war from. The only reason I dropped war on him then is that I already had an untrain gem in my pack and I wanted to test to see how leadership is going to affect passup from a vassal. I've been thinking for a long time now about dropping war on Oof and going "back to my melee roots" because both Oof and Borg are on the same account, and I don't really need two high level mages on the same account...

I dropped tinking on Borg simply because I didn't want to give up anything else that I had trained.

Phade, Trekman, et al, no, leadership will NOT be required in the new chain, as there is no need to require it. I agree with Trekman that the 90% passup will be realized seldom, if ever. At the same time, Heatmiser's 68% passup is a huge difference from the Turbine advertised minimum 25% passup.

Regarding my statement about people having leadership trained: I did something that is very unusual for me and I guessed. That guess was based on ingame chatting and /tells. I was too lazy to look on our stats page to verify, plus at the time I didn't trust that everyone had updated yet. I apologize to the clan for making such a generalized statement that wasn't based on hard fact. Let me reiterate, leadership will not be required under the new chain rules.

If anyone chooses not to train leadership they are hurting (theoretically still, as it hasn't been proved/disproved yet) themselves regarding how much XP they receive from their vassals. The 10% passTHROUGH rate is low enough that it simply isn't worth requiring people to reconfigure their characters in order to get the skill credits for leadership.

Following up on Heatmiser's point about the quota, I absolutely expect we will raise quota. The exact mechanics of how that will work remain are still to be determined. There is no reason for anyone to fret over quota as we plan to continue to offer something that will meet most everyone's play style. My best guess is that we will tweak quota on the existing chain some in an effort to align the effort required for meeting quota under the new system be roughly equivalent to the effort required to meet it under the old one. For the high output folks we will offer a chain that requires just that, a high output. :)
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:26 pm

np Oof, wasn't jumping on you for making a very rare mistake ;)
if I had to do that, I'd have to jump on myself more often and i'm not even sure how I would manage that.

Though the physics involved are very interesting... :shock:

was just getting clarification (spellin is fo suckas), before I made some template changes

Wimp Lo
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Wimp Lo » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:39 pm

I have not yet let all my extra vassals go from cross server trades. Has it been determined for sure that this is the best thing to do?

Wimp Lo
Who you calling a Wimp?

Wimp Lo
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Wimp Lo » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:39 pm

I have not yet let all my extra vassals go from cross server trades. Has it been determined for sure that this is the best thing to do?

Wimp Lo
Who you calling a Wimp?

Wimp Lo
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Wimp Lo » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:40 pm

Wimp Lo
Who you calling a Wimp?

Wimp Lo
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Wimp Lo » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:43 pm

I have not yet let all my cross server trade vassals go yet. Has it been determined definitively that I should do this for all but 4 vassals per account? Or do I drop all except active vassals per account?

Wimp Lo
Who you calling a Wimp?

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:08 pm

Right now, we're trying to assess any real math we can. That is one of the reasons for the quota being so low. We don't want to set the new system up for failure. Once the numbers starting moving again, we can figure out some more solid numbers, as we aren't even sure Turbine knows them. ;) As things progress, we can assess the situation and act accordningly. For the XP mongers: Be patient. There will be something for you. It will just have to wait until we can figure how high is high enough, but not impossible to the majority of the people who wish to engage. We also need to figure out what is the best way to do it :)
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Wimp Lo
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Wimp Lo » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:12 pm

hm, I guess my message got through :) Sorry about that guys, my comp was messing with me, I didn't think any of them got through.

Wimp Lo
Who you calling a Wimp?

Compadre
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Compadre » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:22 pm

quota is 12m a week? so i can expect 12m a week from the chain.. rawr?
IG as the following personalities;
Ray Liotta - 230's Melee War Ua (DT)
Steve Jobs - 210's Grief War (DT, sold)
Compadre - 200's Grief War (VT, sold)
Asian School Girl - 160's Tank Sword (VT, retired)
Compadre - 200's Grief Tank Life UA (sold)

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:27 am

For now Comp. ;)

No worries, we'll make a home that will provide enough challenge for its members. Something for the heavy XP producers to be thinking about is, how much do you want to be required to hunt for each day? The chain managers will, like Turbine, solicit your input regarding suggested quota limits. Unlike Turbine, we will let your input actually help shape the end product. :shock:
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:01 pm

Turbine = Pwned by Oof :shock:

.Urrasa.
Harvester
Harvester

Post by .Urrasa. » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:04 pm

Ok so i think i have quite a bit of in game time in with Acaddict as my patron....so will more of mine pass up to him?? This is a good thing right??
:drinking:= :silly: = :sleeping: = :morning:

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:22 pm

Yes Urrasa, more time sworn = more xp passed up. The part we haven't been able to figure out yet (but are getting closer) is how MUCH more xp is passed up. I'm hoping that I can post some real examples before the weekend, but we'll see... :)
Oof@lastdynasty.net