CHAIN NEWS

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Oof
Allegiance Council

CHAIN NEWS

Post by Oof » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:00 pm

Well, sort of at least. We need to get the chain going again. We have a few days of data in the bank now that we can look at. The managers are in the last stages of deciding how we should go about proceeding.

This post is really just to let you know we're still alive and working on the chain. Before this time tomorrow I will post a "We're doing this" kind of post.

Please be thinking about what you want to do. Things to keep in mind: Chains are not dead, they simply won't work as efficiently as before. Quota will still be enforced. The amount of work you need to do in order to make quota probably won't change very much.

And, any free XP is still free XP. :D

If you haven't loaded ACStats since the patch please do so ASAP. Go and hunt today and upload some numbers. Don't worry about what the stats page looks like until after we change the math that goes on behind the page (but do please go and hunt some so we have some more updates in).

Thank you all, and we'll get back with you ASAP.
Last edited by Oof on Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

ironhorse
Harvester
Harvester

Post by ironhorse » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:47 pm

Thanks for the update OOF. Just wanted to drop a big THANKS ! to you and all chain managers for what you do for the chains and the clan.
Iron Horse I lvl 90 axe
Iron Horse II lvl 249 BM

Dude I got a dell
The world sucks, if not we'd all fall off

anewdamnname
Gardener
Gardener

Post by anewdamnname » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:41 pm

lol umm oneman here

my 190th level vassal after 3 days contributed 212 xp to me

but i dont think he was on much

and thinking i have maxxed out loyality .. 12 vassals and allways keep it buffed with major loyalty spell also

thinking its pretty easy to maintain 90% passup from that lol

Nakamuro Zataki
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Nakamuro Zataki » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:39 pm

Dont forget the time bonuses... they are averaged between vassals supposedly, so you need those toons to stay online for 24 hours.

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Re: CHAIN NEWS

Post by Trekman » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:04 am

Oof wrote:Quota will still be enforced. The amount of work you need to do in order to make quota probably won't change very much.
Well - this is one thing I cannot really believe. *Especially* for those who had one or more non-chain-vassals to provide the quota :twisted:

There are two ways now to define "quota" :

1) Add XX mil. to whatever came from the chain vassal
= pass up received XP + XX mil = old definition = *unrealistic* now

2) pass up XX mil. regardless of how much was received
= hunt XX mil = it is impossible "with amount of work not changing very much" to produce reasonable XP worth a "chain".

Another idea is "dynamic quota" : pass up this week what you received last week.
But both this version and 1) are unrealistic and unfair towards the casual players.
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer