Regarding removals and insertions

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Oof
Allegiance Council

Regarding removals and insertions

Post by Oof » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:33 am

Insertions first: Because patch day is nearly upon us, chain inserts and moves have been put on hold for now.

Regarding removals: There has been a warning list up for a while now and some removal orders were posted earlier.

Allana the Bringer was absolutely in the right to post removal orders. She was even nice enough to post a list and wait a few days for removals in an effort to let people know of issues and to resolve them.

When we chain managers have to remove someone it isn't something we look forward to doing. The chain has rules that must be enforced fairly and consistently. If we stop following the rules the chain will fall apart. Please refer to the FC and OH Policies page for details on reasons for removal. A short list provided here is when a character falls at least 3.5 million behind on quota, when a character's data shows Old Data, etc.

Granted, no one knows what to expect yet with the upcoming Allegiance system changes, nor how those changes will impact XP chains. It seems, well, almost unfair to remove someone from the chain at this late date; however, if we don't remove the non-compliers it hurts the people above them in the chain and that isn't fair to the people who ARE following all of the rules.

We are generally pretty good about working with you if you will simply let us know something is going on. The goal of putting up the list of failing characters was to encourage people to fix their problems or to tell the managers that something was keeping them from updating correctly AND THEN TO GET THAT PROBLEM FIXED. The goal was NOT to remove anyone from the chain. If, through individual character's actions, they indicate they are not willing or capable of meeting chain requirements, we have no choice but to remove them.

Nearly everyone who is removed from the chain is welcome to rejoin if they choose to do so.

Allana has the very undesireable job of posting the removal orders. I've been doing the chain manager gig for a lot longer than some of the other chain managers so I wanted to post a pat on the back here for Allana on doing a tough job well, and also to let anyone who might be wondering about removals shortly before the patch that Allana has the full suport of the chain managers.

Please fix whatever quota problems you may have going on, or post here that you can't right now and why.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

highto
Planter
Planter

food chain

Post by highto » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:40 pm

Hats off to all the chain manegers. the work for free and we should be thankfull to them. I wouldnt kiss chain good bye yet. I have been following turbines forum and there recieving alot of negative feed back on new patch. I would say probly 40-1 aginst people mean dollars to them and the may rethink some rash dissions on patch. BUT either way it goes WE SHOULD RIDE IT OUT IN HORNARABLE FASSION PS. hope i spelled that right.

Thorgrim
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Thorgrim » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:39 pm

*nods*

Thorgrim
Kill em' All, Let God Sort em out.
HAR HAR!!!
Live and Let Live
I should be Monarch