Well....someone needs to bring this up...

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:20 am

Retreads concerns are valid, I had the same "vision" of chains falling apart.
And the problem is not even between "good LD members" and "bad XP leechers".
It also can happen within LD (and any other clan I might add) simply because of friendships. Maybe someone wants to swear to their dearest friend as soon as possible, regardless whether in the same clan or not.
And the threat to be published as a chainbreaker on VNboards somehow has lost its sting if you do not believe that any viable chain structure will survive the next patch.

Since Retread posted his concerns two things happened :

1) a new KebaFilter is available so ACStats works again.

2) the patch has been postponed by ~1 week (I wonder if the mentioned "unexpected circumstances" are related to the new XP system ?)

Nevertheless we should deal with the upcoming problem calmly and patiently.
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Retread
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Retread » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:32 am

Thanks for someone else understanding my post. I like this guild and my nature is to look ahead. I can't see into the minds of the council or managers. So I just trust that I can bring up any subject and if something is not an issue, then it will be said so by someone on top of it.

I feel that some early posters were aghast that I might even post my concerns on this. I try to use some sense in that I would not bring up a polarizing subject like ucm'ng just to start a senseless debate. But I'd hate to think that a subject like this is out of bounds. Or that I'm accused of intending to break because I brought up this subject.

It's great to feel close to clan members and if it feels like a "family" to you, then that's great. But we have had chain breaks and we've had threats of chain breaks. So I think my concerns are reasonable. They are reinforced by post from different managers on threads we've had on folks breaking the chain.

So if you tell me, "We are a family, and I don't think anyone would do that". Then I am speachless and will just have to pass on the issue. It contradicts what I have experienced in this very chain. I think we have a chain with an exceptional ratio of good people. But I've always prepared for the worst circumstance, not the best.

I've reached my goals, I have a powerful mage that can assist all my other chars. I am independent and can do most any quest I want. I took the time to post this because I like this guild and most of the folks I've met. I thought it might help.

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:12 pm

Many people are in a chain now because they are simply too lazy to get and keep good vassals.

Actually I joined a chain because all of my vassals left for other chains ages ago.

Anyone remember Monti (Stap, Stapoc, etal)? Yep. He was my vass. I helped raise Stap to about level 45 and then he left for POA chain and eventually wound up in LD I think. There are others, but none so well known as him.

So, as many as there are in chains due to laziness, plenty joined up because loyalty meant exactly jack diddely squat in the face of several million free xp per day. There was no point taking people under wing only to have them leave you after using you for a stepping stone to get them high enough level to be in a chain.

So yeah, I gave up on wasting effort to care for and outfit a vass at the expense of my playtime. I've got a few under me that still value me as a patron, and I value their genuine loyalty more than all the sings in Dereth.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:51 pm

I have been in this chain since its very beginnings as a manager, and even before that i was in the chain of pain, and managing that, this chain has been through a lot, and has changed a lot, but i cannot see it disolving just yet ;)

its still got some life left in it, if not in the way it is now
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

highto
Planter
Planter

food chain

Post by highto » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:35 pm

been in for while got news people broke before this and we just swear around them no biggie. and turbine could change agin if see negative response. like all storms the tuff will ride it out

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:37 pm

Retread may be right. its true there is much value in the family concept but there are going to be toons who break randomly whether it be because they want to stay with their patron who is leaving or becaues they thought that they were supposed to, or becaues they dont care. Like Trekman said, his points are valid. it will be a mess. how big the mess will be is what we cannot predict. and Allana, he was not saying this monarch is xp/greed based. He just pointed out possibilities with a possible solution. When a person is trying to help, he is not "out of line" =/
You wasted life, why don't you waste the afterlife?

Fiction
Harvester
Harvester
Location: ....AHHHHH!... Where the HELL AM I!? Have you seen my mommy?

Post by Fiction » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:34 am

I agree with Luang and Coji.
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/fictionsig.jpg[/img]
:boink: If idiots could fly, my house would be an airport! :boink:
"Zhug Frugal" -Coji
"OMG! WHY ARE YOU BUFFING IN HERE!" -Annonymous
"I'm buffing cause there are golems down there." - Coji

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:23 am

I'm just going to say I'm going to stay where I am for now with all the Loyalty bonus on both sides of me will make the change as good as it can possibly be!

Lets just see what happens! I really don't believe everything I hear before I see it! And if it is like all the rumors, well I guess we will just have to deal with it :wink: