PSA ABOUT AC STATS

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Oof
Allegiance Council

PSA ABOUT AC STATS

Post by Oof » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:12 am

Until decal and AC Stats start working again, there is no way for us to track quota (without resorting to manual updates :shock: ). As the days progress, more and more people will start to show failed. Don't worry about that part too much, but don't ignore it either.

We aren't uploading any new data to the database right now, but it will continue to update the stats with the data it has. What it looks like to the database is that no one is hunting. As soon as AC Stats starts uploading again, the database will catch up with our latest numbers.

IF YOU DON'T HUNT NOW AT A RATE THAT WILL MAINTAIN QUOTA, WHEN IT STARTS WORKING AGAIN YOU WILL SHOW FAILED AND THAT FAILED STATUS WILL BE ACCURATE.

I didn't want to yell there, but, well, yes I did. ;) Please try to make sure you are hunting enough to maintain quota at least because once AC Stats starts updating again we will process removal orders as the numbers dictate.

Thanks all. I wanted to make sure people understood what is going on with the database right now.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:25 pm

Umm dont get it!!

When we start updating again, how will it know what we have hunted and what is vassal xp etc etc....

Im barely loggin into any xp, which i guess helps, as we then will need to make less. NO fun trying to hunt for huge amount xp without nerfus to buff with , specially the speed at which i die and need a rebuff :(
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/kazsamsig.jpg[/img]
<Shindhi_AC> without you kaz, AC woudl be a lot more boring =)

Lagmatic
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Lagmatic » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:01 pm

kaz: you don't have to have decal running to earn xp. acstats only sends your current xp, I don't think the calculations ever happen clientside.
SC - Lagmatic - BM - Level 1+
DT - Festering Pustule - BM - 90+
VT - Lagmatic - BM - 50+

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:22 pm

The important thing to remember is that since you will upload (whenever that can happen), you will get one upload for all of the XP made between the patch and the upload. Most of you upload everyday or every couple of days. Now you may have a week or so before uploading and in three weeks that first upload goes away, so try to upload throughout the week if you can to keep the numbers in the black.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:12 pm

Kaz, AC Stats doesn't capture your XP in realtime. When you log out (let's say AC Stats is working right now) it sends your total XP ever earned, your total XP passed to your patron, etc., to the database. The database will compare your old numbers to the new ones to see how much you made.

Now, with AC Stats not working, it can't send your total XP numbers when you log out each time. No big deal there, because the game will keep up with how much XP your character has earned. The next time AC Stats DOES work, when you log out it will get your total XP ever earned, your total XP passed to your patron, etc. It will just look like its the first time you hunted for a week is all.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Thorgrim
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Thorgrim » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:21 am

Gys, I've got the flu (mild one, but not fun just the same) usually this wouldn't stop me much, but without Decal, just hitting that delete key over and over again isn't much fun.

It won't last I know, but I haven't been able to truely hunt seriously since patch day. Will get on it ASAP. Thanks guys.

Thorgrim
Kill em' All, Let God Sort em out.
HAR HAR!!!
Live and Let Live
I should be Monarch

Fiction
Harvester
Harvester
Location: ....AHHHHH!... Where the HELL AM I!? Have you seen my mommy?

Post by Fiction » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:55 am

Well i know I am going to be passing considering I have gotten a total of around 8 million since the servers came back up :D
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/fictionsig.jpg[/img]
:boink: If idiots could fly, my house would be an airport! :boink:
"Zhug Frugal" -Coji
"OMG! WHY ARE YOU BUFFING IN HERE!" -Annonymous
"I'm buffing cause there are golems down there." - Coji

Vlad
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Vlad » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:09 am

we cant really hunt without decal i use el tank heavily to rely on my hunting : ( sigh BACK TO MANNUAL HUNTING!

Wimp Lo
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Wimp Lo » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:33 am

I just uploaded decal a bit ago and it seems to be working ok. I did log in all my toons, but nothing changed on the board acstats pages. I assume this is still by design at this point :-)

Wimp Lo
Who you calling a Wimp?

QuickWeasel
Gardener
Gardener

Post by QuickWeasel » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:20 am

Kebas Account Filter is not working --> no ACStats.
Mystic Enchanter - El Zorro - Leandrah
Dr Fumanchu - Old Shatterhand - Obiwankenobi

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:43 am

Mine said that too........ wondered what it meant
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/kazsamsig.jpg[/img]
<Shindhi_AC> without you kaz, AC woudl be a lot more boring =)

anca
Gardener
Gardener

Post by anca » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:53 am

same...

Wimp Lo
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Wimp Lo » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:57 pm

ok, any idea what we do to fix it? Or is it in the hands of the decal programmers?

Wimp Lo
Who you calling a Wimp?

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:45 pm

I think it is in the hands of the decal programmers.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:24 am

I read something from the developer of Keba/acstats.....He mensioned something about only continuing to work on updating acstats and no other plug-ins. At least this is the way it sounded um i think.

Also not sure if he had to wait for decal to get everything working before he could start with an upgrade for acstats?

We should all send him a dollar through pay-pal and maybe that will light a fire under his computer chair :wink: :!: