ACstats and Decal ?

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Kyri
Planter
Planter

ACstats and Decal ?

Post by Kyri » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:38 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since ACstats is a part of Decal, I fail to see how we will be able to upload the upcoming week. Apparently it will take pretty long for Decal to be adjusted to the new code of Turbine.

I must say I miss it dearly, and it's hard to learn to fight again without all the plugins :-( , let alone to buff and bane manually...

How will this be resolved, oh chain managers ? Cos in a week we will all be showing 'upload'...
Kyri, lvl 153 four school melee mage
Proud wife of Luang (OG) and Garth Swiftblade (IG)

Odi et amo...
Talking about AC indeed :-p

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:51 pm

When you do upload, your XP will still be uploaded. Don't worry about moving to upload status. By the time everyone swore around everyone, the database would be fixed :P Or the manager would just post Trouser snale swears to Whiskee. w00t - TOP O' THE CHAIN BABEE!!!!
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Kyri
Planter
Planter

Post by Kyri » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:58 pm

Hmm, and how exactly would I upload then ? I do upload through ACstats in the Decal in game, so I upload every time I log off. Is there another way to upload my xp ?
Not that I am making that much now, since I hate it to selfbuff and not being able to see my compstatus and autoloot and autosalvage...

Odi et amo...

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:17 pm

The AC Stats database uploads by grabbing your stats at the time of logoff. While decal is down, you are right, no uploads. When decal is patched and AC Stats is working again, it will simply grab your later, biggest, numbers and things should be okay again. The database will just think you decided to run for a week without ACStats loaded.

If decal is down, we have no easy way of determining quota status. Everyone would begin showing Upload but we don't swear around anyone for Upload status. Only after people change from Upload to Old Data do we post sweararound orders. It takes two weeks for Old Data to show up. If decal is still down at that point we won't post any removal orders either, but I don't think it will take them two weeks to fix it.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:05 pm

We could go back to the old way of updating, but who wants that.

Just sit tight, and keep making xp.
once Decal is back online and ACStats has its new version out (old one won't work) everything will be back to normal
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:04 pm

Phade wrote:Just sit tight, and keep making xp.
That's the problem without Decal.
I mean - not to sit tight.....you should do that all the time for your back's sake.

But to keep making XP. I do not need to tell you the efforts of manually buffing - although I do not LifeProts all the other spells are pretty "fun" - especially since I only can use Heal+H2M1.
In addition to that I have to mount Life6 jewelry/clothes in a certain order *and* a 9-part-Covenant armor. In this respect I wish the "spell bars" would be "hotkey bars" where I can put items in too, not only spells.....

There is no use complaining. Fact is that it is still possible to play without Decal. But another fact is that it takes a multiple of time to even prepare the most basic things before actually swinging the axe....so the XP rate is going down even if I am online as much as with Decal.

And with every day without Decal I hear less people shout "D*mn macroers - Turbine should disable Decal - lets play the game as it was intended" :twisted: probably because they simply do not log in anymore when they see that their Decal XML still is 1.0.54.0 :wink:
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Kyri
Planter
Planter

Post by Kyri » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:01 pm

My problem exactly: everything takes so much longer without Decal, that I don't feel like playing as much. I'll catch up when Decal comes back, np, but in the mean time I just don't consider it as fun to manually buff and check comps and assess every piece of loot and open every corpse and....

Oh, you know what I mean !

*thinks it a prerogative of a pregnant woman to whine :twisted: *

Odi et amo...

Nakamuro Zataki
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Nakamuro Zataki » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:33 pm

Decal is down? Oh... :roll: :wink: :P 8)

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:53 pm

Umm i norm update acstats daily so as to keep on top on quota on all 3 chars, but this s gonan mess me up :(

Been hunting cauln have no freakin clue what xp the crit worth without eltank :(

/e prays for decal to be up soon
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/kazsamsig.jpg[/img]
<Shindhi_AC> without you kaz, AC woudl be a lot more boring =)