Post here if you want to join the high output chain

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Culticon
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Culticon » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:44 am

hehe good work
I don't have a problem!:evilbat:
:boink: Culticon level 203 Grief BM :boink:

Friend of LD :)

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:47 am

What is the proposed linking of prospective patipatants. How will placement b done? For some odd feeling i dont why, but i think i am going to get set as pusher for others. May just be parinoi. But would like to hear at least a propsed chaining and criteria.

Blue
A Friend to ALL and A Friend in Deed!

kerosene
Allegiance Council

Post by kerosene » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:06 am

Illumination wants in also
[url=http://www.lastdynasty.net/ldstats/inde ... 1342774838]Kerosene[/url]
[url=http://www.lastdynasty.net/ldstats/inde ... 1342942392]Illumination[/url]
Member of The Allegiance Council

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:30 am

Blue, where we can maintain existing loyalty bonuses we will do that (one of the reasons to go to the new chain now is so loyalty bonuses are maxed before the February patch, keeping an existing one makes that a lot easier). Where loyalty bonuses will need to be reset anyway, we will need to take those on a case-by-case basis, with a lot of different things thrown into the mix regarding placement.

I haven't looked yet at potential placement of members; I hope to do that today.

Regarding pushers, there won't really be such things with the new changes. Any XP you pass to your patron pretty much stops dead right there. Under the new changes they can pass up 10% of what you give them. Right now, they can pass up 93.75%. Of the 10% they will be able to pass up, only 1% gets above them. It's going to be a big change.

With all of that being said, the idea of a pusher as we know it won't work anymore, so no worries there. The only thing that is going to drive one's XP now is the direct chain vassal, and to a small extent the grand vassal (but only for 10% of their XP).

When the managers look at all of the applicants and build the swearing order we'll post it up and start working on orders.

I hope this helps a little bit. Sorry I can't give you an exact answer yet, but we haven't organized a placement list yet. Soon.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:17 pm

Trouser Snake is interested. He told me last night :)
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:23 pm

Troser snakes too gimp to make 150 m a week, he told me that ;)

Assuming this chain is open to all lvls then ?
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/kazsamsig.jpg[/img]
<Shindhi_AC> without you kaz, AC woudl be a lot more boring =)

Lagmatic
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Lagmatic » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:24 pm

I take it back, I think I'm gonna get out of chains altogether. Thanks anyway.
Last edited by Lagmatic on Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SC - Lagmatic - BM - Level 1+
DT - Festering Pustule - BM - 90+
VT - Lagmatic - BM - 50+

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:53 pm

I knew you would be! :D

Ach Chuu
Gardener
Gardener

Ach chuu

Post by Ach Chuu » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:33 pm

i would like to get ach chuu into this chain abnd if possible keep illumination as my vassal
There should be randomly spawning police officers in game that can arrest PKrs after a kill jail time = 2 days in a dungeon unless your clan does a quest to break u out

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:13 pm

Oof wrote:Regarding pushers, there won't really be such things with the new changes. Any XP you pass to your patron pretty much stops dead right there.
I know this is not the Discussion thread, but since the quote is in here........

Although "Pusher" might not be the correct term, Blue's worries are justifiable (paranoic or not :wink:).
Since this chain apparently will be formed outside the existing ones at least one if not more have to be pure contributors at the end of whatever structure the new chain will have. Everone from the second level up to the top can expect the predefined quota from their direct vassals, but not the first level.....
So far this is not much different from current chains, but today people can have the hope to move up in the chain in an acceptible timeframe.
But this chain will be supposed to be rather static to preserve the Loyalty Bonus causing all this stress before the February patch. So their chances to move "up" in the hierarchy are rather limited. Even if the chain will get new members at the bottom after the patch due to the new Loyalty formula those current contributors will need a long time to see benefits...

Another thing I noticed is the level range of the new chain.
I do not know the level of the current volunteers now, but probably most or all of them are 126+. That would make ordering the chain by whatever considerations pretty simple.
But .... the chain is 50+ as far as I remember the summary.
Personally I cannot imagine how a level 50 is supposed to deliver 50M per week without becoming crazy - especially if for some reason the maximized Loyalty Bonus is jeopardized.
But more significantly everyone below 126+ who has to be ordered according to level and under all 126+ when the chain is created is automatically in the weak position to be a "forced long-term contributor"...

Furthermore the quota is defined with 50M as of now. With one chain vassal this quota does not justify the name "High Output Chain" in the new system. Therefore the structure of the chain probably has to be tree-like, with 3 or 4 chain vassals for each patron. As in every "Ponzi Scheme" with such a structure that results in even more pure, benefit-less base-level contributors.
The only way to avoid a tree structure is to significantly raise the quota, which makes the 50+ level range even more - uhm - strange...

I am sure that these points already are being discussed in the secret negotiations. I am curious about the results :twisted:

Ok ok - since I will not attend the new chain I am already leaving this thread :wink:
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:51 pm

See the discussion thread for answers to Trek's questions. :)
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Culticon
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Culticon » Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:42 am

Please remove me from the list :(
I don't have a problem!:evilbat:
:boink: Culticon level 203 Grief BM :boink:

Friend of LD :)

sinnistar bow'
Gardener
Gardener

Post by sinnistar bow' » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:35 am

I consider this a challenge*throws down gaunts* :mad:

I gladly except, enter Diabolic mage into the fray :twisted:
Sinnistar Bow' 152 LVL 3 SCHOOL ARCHER
Emeril's prep cook 75 lvl alch cook spec
Diabolical Mage 135 lvl Bm

LD and proud to be:)

anca
Gardener
Gardener

Post by anca » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:42 am

High XP ? Count me in :)

Doko
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Doko » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:09 pm

count me in this new chain with Doko , i want to be the first one to fail on quota lol

Finally comes a challenge to me , Doko