Post here if you want to join the high output chain

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Oof
Allegiance Council

Post here if you want to join the high output chain

Post by Oof » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:07 pm

RULES FOR THE NEW HIGH OUTPUT CHAIN

Summary
Rules will change as needed.
Strict adherence to clan CoC.
Stand-alone chain, membership 50+.
Quota is a minimum of 50 million added a week.
Must update ACStats every four days.
Promotion policy to be determined later.
Only one character at a time is allowed in the chain.
End of summary

1) Quota and other chain requirements can change periodically, based upon the judgement of the chain managers.

2) Chain members will strictly adhere to the LD CoC. This includes no UCM, no griefing, no stealing, etc. Chain members are required to have read and agreed to the LD CoC.

3) This will be a stand-alone chain. Membership is 50+, after proving quota-making ability during a 21 day period in the FC/OH, during which time the prospective chain member will average at least the minimum required quota. If a prospective chain member fails to meet the quota requirement of the chain he is welcome to stay in the FC/OH. NOTE: This 21 day period will not be in effect for the initial populating of the new chain, since it is doubtful that loyalty bonuses could be rebuilt before the February event if we waited 21 days.

4) Quota is a minimum of 50 million added XP per week. The quota is not percentage based, rather each member must simply add at least the XP Quota per week, currently set at 50 million XP per week. Note: Based on typically used estimates under the current system, 50 million added equates to roughly 150 million XP per week hunted. One of the questions you need to ask yourself is "Can I hunt for 150 million XP a week, every single week?" If you feel you can't, don't right now. You can always join later, after you feel comfortable that you can reliably hunt for that much XP.

5) Chain members must upload to the ACStats database at least every four days. After four days of non-reporting, the status column will show Upload. An Upload status is the only warning chain members will get for failure to report. After seven days of non-reporting, the status column will show Old Data and the chain member will be removed from the chain.

6) Chain members must upload immediately prior to and following a key vassal change. This means logging out with ACStats running immediately BEFORE the vassal change, then allowing the new vassal to swear and setting your key vassal correctly, then immediately logging out one more time with ACStats running. This procedure will ensure valid transition data points within the chain database and will help ensure proper XP reporting.

7) Promotion policy will be determined later. After determining normal chain operation after the chain begins, the managers will decide upon a fair promotion policy. Since the goal of the XP chain is to maximize XP production maintaining a maximum loyalty bonus is very important. Any promotion policy implemented will be tough to qualify for, but will be attainable by those characters who work significantly harder than their patron.

8 ) Chain members who are being removed from the chain will lose their chain vassal but will keep their chain patron. The intent of this is to maintain XP flow to the patron while offsetting the lowered loyalty bonus percentage resulting from the removed member's vassal having to reswear. In most cases, the removed member is welcome to rejoin, however, the exact method of how and when the member can rejoin will have to wait until after the Allegiance system changes are understood better.

9) Only one of your characters at a time is allowed in the chain. The quota should be hard enough that you can't maintain quota on multiple characters.
Last edited by Oof on Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:07 pm

Summary

Post your application in this thread. Post any discussion here: http://www.lastdynasty.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=8354

This is a new stand-alone chain being offered with a high quota requirement and strict compliance and removal policies.

Current patron/vassal relationships will be maintained where possible in order to maximize the loyalty bonus.

Where loyalty bonus isn't an issue, chain placement will be decided by the managers based on performance, level, history with LD, etc.

If your loyalty bonus is reset when you are placed in the chain, run tank with allegiance buffs 24/7 until it is rebuilt.

THINGS WILL CHANGE AS WE LEARN MORE ABOUT THE NEW ALLEGIANCE SYSTEM.

End of summary

If you meet the criteria and desire to join, you are welcome to post your interest here. Please post any debate about the chain in this thread: http://www.lastdynasty.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=8354 Posting debates/arguments/flames/whathaveyou in that other thread will keep this one clean and easier to read. It will also give everyone a single place to go to read what others are thinking about the new high output chain.

This is a new chain that is being offered to LD members. It is an optional chain to go into, not a replacement for any current chain segment. If you are happy where you are, stay where you are. If you want to be one of the few, the hard hunting, the psychologically questionable, post to join the new chain. :P Please note, this chain will NOT be for everyone. The majority of the players will not want to hunt the number of hours required in order to meet quota. The majority of players will not like the strictness with which quota will be enforced, nor the speed with which removals will happen.

Swearing into the new chain will retain as many of the current loyalty bonuses as possible. That means that if you, your patron, and your vassal want to move to the new chain, you will most likely move as a block. Being placed higher in the chain won't matter anymore since XP passup essentially stops at your direct chain patron. It is much more important to go into the new Allegiance system with a maxed loyalty bonus (Turbine said we can keep whatever loyalty bonus we have built up when they make the changes in February) than to go higher or lower in the chain. Your direct chain vassal will be the most important link you have in the new chain structure.

We will take a look at everyone who says they want to move into the new chain. If your current XP production indicates you can handle the quota, that's good. If you post you would like to move and the managers have doubts about your ability to reliably hunt for the XP required, one of us will talk to you before we make a determination.

If for some reason, you want to move to the new chain and do NOT want to keep your current vassal PM a chain manager (or two) your reasons. There are no promises being made about keeping or not keeping your current vassal, I'm just saying you can request if you like. After we have a list of who wants to move, and we have determined if there are blocks of characters who can move together, we will put together a list of who goes where. Where we can we will maintain the current patron/vassal realtionships. Placement in the new chain will primarily be driven by the need to maintain maxed loyalty bonuses. Where people are free to move arouond, we will look at current and past performance, character level, length of time with the clan, etc, before we make our determination.

It takes 240 hours of ingame time to maximize the loyalty bonus. Being ingame 5 hours a day means almost 7 weeks to rebuild the bonus. We don't have 7 weeks left before the February patch. IF Turbine patches in the third week of February, in order to max the loyalty bonus everyone will need to be ingame 8 or 9 hours a day, 7 days a week. We recommend that everyone who swears to a new patron stays logged in as much as possible, to include using tank to cast allegiance buffs during the night while you sleep.

There are a few minor areas that still need to be decided upon by the managers, however, with the February patch approaching and with a presumably much longer time needed to maximize the loyalty bonus, we wanted to give our current chain members as much time as possible to decide if they want to move to LD's new chain.

The rules listed in the first post are most of what the managers have talked about. I'm sure I may have forgotten to add one or two (there are many discussion posts in the managers forums to dig through). If I missed anything important I will edit the first post in this thread and update the rules there. That way, you won't have to scroll to find any changes.

Normally, we wouldn't post about a new chain until we thought all of the details were worked out, but time is putting pressure on us if we want to be able to maximize loyalty bonuses reset due to swearings.

There are things we simply cannot know yet about the structure of the new chain, including some of the things Phade posted about in the discussion thread (straight line, pyramid, rotating or not...) For the areas where the managers can determine what is best for the overall chain we will post rules changes. If you aren't okay with the idea of having flexible rules while we figure things out, don't move to the new chain. For the areas where one way is as good as another, we will ask the chain members to vote.

I know this is long, and I apologize for that. Hopefully, many of the concerns you might have are answered here. If not, post your questions in the discusion thread http://www.lastdynasty.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=8354 and we will post the answers there. Thanks. :D

Oof, for the chain managers
Last edited by Oof on Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:39 pm

Sign me up with Flesh Puppet :D
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:01 pm

Borg wants to move to the new chain.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Thewho
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Thewho » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:49 pm

Thewho in

Thorgrim
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Thorgrim » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:25 pm

Add me in.

Thorgrim
Kill em' All, Let God Sort em out.
HAR HAR!!!
Live and Let Live
I should be Monarch

Culticon
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Culticon » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:52 pm

Add Culticon to the list :D
I don't have a problem!:evilbat:
:boink: Culticon level 203 Grief BM :boink:

Friend of LD :)

Vlad
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Vlad » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:22 am

I will join :mad:

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:55 am

Crap Oof, yu were suppose to tip me on posting this so i could say i wanted in first :shock:

I think i can make 250 million per week on my own so should have no problem with this one :P

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:45 am

Im in. Heatmiser.

Lagmatic
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Lagmatic » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:14 am

How will this be affected by the allegience XP changes?
SC - Lagmatic - BM - Level 1+
DT - Festering Pustule - BM - 90+
VT - Lagmatic - BM - 50+

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:19 am

Unknown at this time Lag. See here for an ongoing discussions. http://www.lastdynasty.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=8354
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Compadre
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Compadre » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:32 am

Compadre would like to go in. Anca is on vacation but I'm sure he wants in too.
IG as the following personalities;
Ray Liotta - 230's Melee War Ua (DT)
Steve Jobs - 210's Grief War (DT, sold)
Compadre - 200's Grief War (VT, sold)
Asian School Girl - 160's Tank Sword (VT, retired)
Compadre - 200's Grief Tank Life UA (sold)

Lagmatic
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Lagmatic » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:36 am

I would strongly suggest holding of until you know.

Why disrupt a perfectly good chain until we know for sure that we'll be improving.

Personally, I think we should milk the last drops of xp out of this, then after the Allegience XP changes are made, re-evaluate chain functionality.
SC - Lagmatic - BM - Level 1+
DT - Festering Pustule - BM - 90+
VT - Lagmatic - BM - 50+

Retread
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Retread » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:44 am

Agreed Lag!

Gruhen Do