Attn All FC and OH members

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Allana the Bringer
Farmer
Farmer

Attn All FC and OH members

Post by Allana the Bringer » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:35 am

It has come to the managers attention that there are a few of you that are not updating your own stats. If you can not update your own stats you are not in compliance with the policy that you agreed to when you joined the FC/OH. Because of the many problems we have had with ppl updating as of late, we will be enforcing this rule. It is not an excuse that you can not update your own stats anymore. If you are having problems getting it working please contact a manager and we will do whatever it is we can do to help, but get it done.

There will be no more reminders to update your stats, just do it. There will be no more cutting slack for those that are failing. If you have rl issues we expect to hear about them BEFORE you are failing not after.

If you are updating for someone else, STOP.

Allana
I think it's about that time.

anewdamnname
Gardener
Gardener

Post by anewdamnname » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:47 pm

ok

since my computer in no way shape or form will support decal and ac together

and you have just posted that [IF YOU ARE UPDATEING FOR SOMEONE ELSE STOP] does that mean after 2 years in clan you are booting me ??

i understand that you have a ton of work to do with the clan .. i understand that this is a non paying job that you are doing out of the goodness of your heart... but why specifically restrict someone from getting something done the only way it can be done ???

as i understand it you are supposed to help people not take away their only option of getting into compliance with what is required..

i am very tired atm i have a ton of s**t going down in my real life [WHICH I UNDERSTAND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CLAN [[WHY SHOULD YOU CARE IF MY GRANDMOTHER HAS CANCER / I JUST HAD TO PUT DOWN MY DOG AFTER 13 YEARS / I LOST MY JOB AFTER 20 YEARS / AND I AM UNDERGOING MENTAL BREAKDOWN ?? sorry just not my day here

i am doing my best to stay on top of things [and yes i understand that i am not doing the best of jobs at it at the moment] but i will either catch up or stay currant

i apologize for the aggresive nature of this post
i apologize for creating problems for the clan
i apologize for creating problems for allana [who is working hard]
i apologize for not eraseing this post on my own
i apologize for the way i present this information
i apologize if the post that this is on is not a direct attack at me [i do not
know how many other people HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DOING
THEIR UPDATEING FOR THEM
i apologize for lots and lots of things

i do not however apologize for posting this I NEED TO VENT message
if you have a problem specifically with me you can send me a pm [yes it is forwarded to my normal email and i will indeed get it] you can get ahold of me ingame [gee look you have my name] or you can JUST POST A MESSAGE ON THIS BOARD I HAVE FRIENDS WHO WILL BRING IT TO MY ATTENTION IF NEEDED]

but

if the above post is directed at me just tell me
if it is not then i apologize again for going off on a tangent that is not intended
but from where i sit [in the mood i am in] it looks like a comment directed just to me
and maybe i am imagening things but didnt we have a quick talk about updateing stats on wednesday ?? [allana ??] and i told you then that my cousin was going to update my account ?? if you had a problem with it then why didnt you say so ??

as i stated haveing my cousin update my account IS THE ONLY WAY POSSIBLE FOR ME TO UPDATE] this computer is a piece of s**t with broken parts that will not support decal or even 1/2 way decent graphics [about 90% of what i see is white pulsateing squares and lines]] again not your problem

i ask if you would check with the old managers
when i had a working computer i allways managed to stay in spec as far as xp passup was required [if you dont then dont]
yes i realize past performance is no gaurentee of future performance but i am trying the best i can to stay on top of this

dont even know how much i have typed on this rant and really dont care

there is nothing i can do but my best

if that is not good enough [so be it]

again and again and again I APOLOGIZE FOR THE TONE OF THIS POST
it just seems that perhaps a direct attack against me [IF THIS IS] would be directed in a pm or discussed ingame

i am probably off my rocker here
i am not directly attacking anyone
i ask that this not be taken against me
i ask for understanding

yes i ask for some of the same LOYALTY that i have shown this clan to be returned to me patron/vassal thing huh ?? support of ones clan [family]

whatever

i have to go take my grandmother to the cancer doctor again so i am going to be gone for a bit [altho the plan is to return to play tonight]

dont think i have anything else to say atm
other then
if i am totally out of it then [FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME I APOLOGIZE]

if i am not

well i guess after all this time perhaps this clan and i do not believe the same things about friends / family and helping people

signed
oneman

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:08 pm

Oneman,

First off, there is no need to apologize for venting or for your post. We've seen a lot worse. ;) Second, no, this is NOT directed specifically at you or specifically at anyone else.

There are more folks than just you who have other people update their ACStats for them. By the book, this isn't supposed to happen. When people post to join the chain they state they have installed ACStats and are updating successfully to the database (by showing up on our list). They also agree to keep their statistics current by uploading regularly.

Sometimes things happen that don't allow a chain member to upload (blown video card, crashed hard disk, etc.) and they have a friend upload for them. That should be a temporary situation, however, because it places a burden on the people doing the updating. If they update regularly for someone, it becomes a burden after a while (some people don't mind, some do). If they forget to update (remember, it isn't their own character they're updating so probably less important to them), they get yelled at when the chain member gets booted for showing Old Data.

Allana posted this after the managers talked about the uploading for someone situation. She did not post it specifically because of you; you just happen to be one of the people this applies to.

Read this next part very carefully please:
If you have someone upload to ACStats for you there is no way for the managers to know that. If a friend logs you on to update, as far as AC is concerned it's YOU logging on.

Here's the purpose of the post:
If you are currently uploading ACStats for someone, please encourage them to talk to the managers and get their ACStats problem resolved. YOU aren't supposed to have to upload for THEM. Now, if my RL brother were to play and he couldn't run ACStats, I would update for him and I wouldn't mind it at all. For a clanmate, even though I like everyone, I wouldn't saddle myself with that ongoing burden.

If you are a chain member who can't upload to our ACStats database, get with a manager if you need help resolving that problem. If you prefer, PM me or one of the other managers and let us know what is going on.

If you are a chain member and choose not to contact a manager and choose to continue having someone update for you, you do so at your own risk. Should that person decide to follow the chain rules and not update for you anymore, or should they forget to update for you until Old Data shows, you will be removed from the chain. The managers won't post reminders about uploading to ACStats anymore. If you show failing or if you show Old Data removal orders will be posted. Once orders are posted, they stand.

Oneman, PM me please.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Town Crier
Allegiance Council

Post by Town Crier » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:48 pm

I would just add that getting chained around is not getting booted from the clan. Everyone is welcome in the clan, being a member of a chain is just one of the membership benifits.
Town Crier, 200+ Mage/Tinker of Items
Mad Summoner, 200+ Tinker Of Weapons and Armor and Magic Items
Fungus Amongus, 100+ Alchy/Cook

TownCrier@lastdynasty.net

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:29 pm

Good point TC. Thanks. :D
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:37 pm

There never used to be a problem before, however it did get out of hand about a year ago (at one point I had the login info for half the chain and was updating them myself) so I can definatly see getting a control on this ;)
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:18 pm

Hint: If you're getting your updates in often and in a timely manner then we'll never know if sombody is doing it for you or not.

We all know the rules. Its not supposed to be done by somebody else.
However, if you can get your update in when you're supposed to, Im not going to nitpick with you about how it gets done.

When it doesn't get done at all is when I get nitpicky.
This post was simply to let everyone know that from now on, our version of "nitpicky" will be removing people from the chain for this type of noncompliance.

For the chain be monitored properly, we must have regular ACstats data coming in. Your managers are good, but we don't have time to micromanage every single aspect of the chain. Updating ACstats is one of the things we count on the chain members at large to take the initiative and do for themselves. If you can't get it done, we really have no choice but to remove you.

Oneman, again, this is not directed at you specifically. This is simply a heads up to anyone who finds themselves struggling to comply with this particular chain rule.

Also, as TC said, removal from the chain is not removal from the clan. The chain is a perk offered to the clan as a means of making extra xp, but its a two way street, to gain the xp, there are things you need to do to keep your spot. Regular ACstats updates is just happens to be one of them.

One, Im sorry to hear about your current situation. Having recently had a close call with my father, and losing my position in the chain because of it, I know exactly how you feel. Hang in there bud. Everything will be fine.

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:22 am

Hmm, the only way i can see it is that yu are one lucky dog (diserving dog) on this one.......oneman. Yu have many people that care about ya in this chain and the common idea is just to help each other get through difficult situations!

Anything I can do to help yu stay in compliance with this chain....yu better know I will do anything and everything to do that!! I told u not to tell the managers yu weren't updating with yur computer LMAO!

So sorry to hear about your hardship and I just had my mother pass away in a car accident about a year ago! Been takin' the frustration out on V.........not sure if it helped but sure as hell is a good way to take someones mind off the subject!

Again, anytime you want to hunt.....ask! I have never hunted with another person that rocks critters better than u and i!

Khaz-Modaan
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Khaz-Modaan » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:33 am

I beg to differ, oh sword swinging one :P
I read a book saying that women are from venus, all right? So here's what you get her: Thick layers of sulfuric acid, viscous surface rock, and coronae which seem to be collapsed domes over large magma chambers. Here's $5.