What A Long Strange Trip Its Been...

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

What A Long Strange Trip Its Been...

Post by Heatmiser » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:00 pm

I'd just like to say to everyone that no matter how things pan out after the nerf of all nerfs, I've had a great time with the LD chain experience.

I came here from humble beginnings as a level 78 archer when my smaller KoA clan under Zeral merged with the Last Dynasty. We had just started a small relaxed chain before the merge and many of us like me, Trekman, and Lagmatic, to name a few, we're interested in joining and contributing to the LD chains.

It hasn't been easy managing this thing over the last year or so, but I've been honored to do so.

Im sure our chains will endure in the same or perhaps a different form, but one thing is for sure, its gonna be much different than before.

With all that said, I'd like to point out that we still have a month and a half to throw this machine into high gear. While not changing the quota, I'd like for everyone in the chain to seriously consider getting out there and making as much xp as you can whenever you can, for yourself and your chain mates. My new personal guidline is at least 25million passup a week instead of the required 6million. Today, after a week of tracking, it looks like I've thrown in 37million. So I passed my goal, and the day's not over yet! :) I'd really just like to put in as much as I can while we still can.

Tusker Lacuna, Tusker Gauntlet, 80+ Rainment Dungeon, and VoD are four places that can easily net more than 20million/hr, if those are a little tough for ya, try the Plated or Assailer Dungeons, or even OP. Fellowships are the key. Find yourself a fellow in one of those places and the xp will roll.

There's still a lot of xp to be made. Its up to us to make it.

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:50 pm

Nice post Heat. I suspect it expresses the sentiments of a lot of us. I joined LD at 64 because of a RL friendship with Panzer, have never regretted it, and plan to keep on playing until the Turbine guy comes to my house and says, "Buddy, the last server was turned off a month ago."

Now, I think I'll go make some XP. :D
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Compadre
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Compadre » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:12 pm

ya i joined LD w/ the KoA merger too, it was a good move. Been nothing but good times since then :). my personal goal is 50m a week passup until the changes happen, rawr.
IG as the following personalities;
Ray Liotta - 230's Melee War Ua (DT)
Steve Jobs - 210's Grief War (DT, sold)
Compadre - 200's Grief War (VT, sold)
Asian School Girl - 160's Tank Sword (VT, retired)
Compadre - 200's Grief Tank Life UA (sold)

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:00 am

Comp! Heh I forgot. Funny how so many of us KoA guys ended up as Chain Managers or High Council.

Control freaks I guess. :P

Vlad
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Vlad » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:32 am

Well I joined this chain at lvl 165 after Taebek's chain broke.
So Far I love this clan!!!

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:47 am

and the clan loves you :)
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:29 am

It it is probably worth its own thread, but as Heatmiser mentioned it here I do as well :

After bad, bad Turbine nerfed the Marketplace Fellowships :wink: there are still various dungeons "interlinked on the same landblock" so they enable full fellowship sharing.
So it is still possible to create fellowships of various level ranges and spread the people to appropriate dungeons. Ok, the XP output from lower dungeons will not be as high. But nevetheless in some situations that might be a good solution - even if the fellowship is within a levelrange/dungeon but the dungeon is already crowded.

Furthermore it still is possible to create pusher fellowships if the "fellowship bot" is placed in a secure spot in any of those dungeons instead of the Marketplace.

Examples of interlinked dungeons :

All tusker dungeons on AL
All Matron Hives for Asheron's Raiment
All Olthoi Armor dungeons

I have heard that Olthoi Armor and Raiment dungeons are interlinked too which makes them one biiiig Olthoi hunting ground, but I did not test it yet.....

And yes, I did not regret the merger too :wink:
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:07 pm

Prolly is indeed worth its own thread, but yeah ALL those dungeons are linked.

I've been in a few fellows where I was in Rainment and everyone else was at Lacuna. No xp lost. :)