How long...

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Coji
Harvester
Harvester

How long...

Post by Coji » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:23 pm

does the average insertion take? i may want to get my mage in the chain when he hits 120 or so. would it be possible if i wanted to take Coji out and put my mage in shi spot? (at 126) eventually
You wasted life, why don't you waste the afterlife?

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:51 pm

Right now with the new management team just getting started, and with the xmas holidays coming up, I wouldn't expect them right away.

Best indication is if you look at the current waiting list for entries, there are some already waiting, and they will probably be processed in the order shown.
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

DL
Farmer
Farmer

Re: How long...

Post by DL » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:46 am

Coji wrote:does the average insertion take? i may want to get my mage in the chain when he hits 120 or so. would it be possible if i wanted to take Coji out and put my mage in shi spot? (at 126) eventually
Coji....I'm sure you'll have to follow the procedures with your mage like everyone else....entering in the FC 1st...once you are in FC after your trial period then your mage can apply for OH and if moved to the OH it's at the very bottom when you start.
Dangerous Lady

I'm an AC addict...do I want help for my addiction?...NO!!!

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:37 am

Aye, it works the way Dangerous Lady told it. Regarding the insertion speed for new people, I would normally say Phade would be right (and he mostly still is); however, I am on a two week break between classes and will try to make sure all of the insertions are processed within the next few days. If you would like to insert a character into the Food Chain, I would say go ahead and post an application. The faster it gets posted, the faster the insertion can be made. Right now, I'm guessing orders will be posted within three days.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:00 am

why wouldnt my mage be able to trade spots? he is the toon the makes all the xp for Coji anyways. (and thats through a friend with no leader and 3 other vassals) same account, same person, different name. :?

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:42 pm

There are a couple of reasons for doing chain insertions the way we do. The main reason is the chain is built on a character by character basis. If one character (of a player who has multiple characters) fails and is removed, only that one character is removed, not the person behind the character. Promotions are the same way, if someone has a character in the Food Chain and has posted for promotion, only that specific character is affected, in that we don't promote all characters that belong to the player.

The other reason, and this doesn't refer to you, is that if we allowed you to swap another character of yours into Coji's place, it would open a whole can of worms. We have no way of verifying whether a particular character really, truly belongs to the same account as someone's main. Swapping positions with even one character sets a precedent that would have some ugly repercussions I think. Later down the road, someone, at sometime, would post for swapping a couple of their characters only to find out the second character was really a friend's character, or a second account they bought, or something along those lines.

The main reason though, is that each character has to stand on its own, recognizably earn its own way up the chain, etc. BTW, there is no rule against having multiple characters in the OH, so if you want, you can leave Coji where he is and still bring your second character in. When I pulled Oof a while back and put Borg in that was just a timing thing. Oof had hit 200, which was a goal of mine for him, and Borg hit 126 about the same time.

I'm sorry if the answer isn't what you were wanting to hear, but for long-term chain stability, this is the way we need to run things.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:02 am

you are right in saying it was not the answer i wanted to hear. what more problems could a different person cause at a lower point in the chain than higher in the chain. as there will be a complete break in the top of the chain when Coji leaves, what harm would one toon who has made Coji's quota, (Shikril goes through Decimate, a toon of fiction) be if he was inserted? if he fails, you will kick him out just like you would if he were at the very bottom of the food chain. i know i wont win this battle but i needed to say my two cents.

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:16 am

You wouldn't be the cause of a chain break anyway, but to answer your question, the higher up in the chain a character is, the more potential there is for making a really ugly chain break. We keep a rank mule near the bottom of the chain, but there are other rank mules placed elsewhere in the chain also. Also, the higher in the chain a character is, the more people there are who are affected by a break; who find themselves in a new monarchy, panic, and break, thereby making the break even worse; etc.

Swapping characaters into and out of the same position would also cause a lot of complaining from others in the chain who would get mad at seeing "someone new" ahead of them. Changing the policy to allow character swaps would just cause more trouble than its worth, overall, to the chain. I'll present the question to the rest of the managers and we'll discuss it. I don't want you to think this is just a arbitrary decision made by just me. Give us a couple of days and I'll post the consensus of the other managers here; that will be the official answer on whether it's allowed.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:48 am

thank you

.Urrasa.
Harvester
Harvester

Post by .Urrasa. » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:28 pm

If one is allowed to do it...you know we are all going to want to do it.......and what a mess that would be with insertions....and loss of loyalty bonuses..... :|

Heck yea....id lv my mage the rest of the way to 126 if she could swap with Urrasa who just hit 200.... :D
:drinking:= :silly: = :sleeping: = :morning: