Where was ur favorite hunting spot of all tiem?

There is a little Sun Tzu in all of us.
Al'Qua Traz
Planter
Planter

Where was ur favorite hunting spot of all tiem?

Post by Al'Qua Traz » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:48 pm

Where was it. THere had to have been one where the exp sucked REALLY REALLY badly but hey u enjoyed watching ur friends fall to there untimely demise.

I like Olthoi rock when i had a newb archer. I would ask if anyone wanted arrows and then when they sed yeh id tell em to go get some and ask them to get me some.... then id jump of the rock and be punctured by the little Worker all the while Hiroshima Hojuki and Heat laughing at me until the sound of Olthoi clicking slowly became burned into my soul and i wish i had melee defense... or life magic at that so i could run up and pwn then newb Olthoi. I learned a lot at the rock. Like training life magic... because it helps. And so does critter...... and item. I wish Olthoi Rock was still safe. But now its inhabited by vicouser monsters..... like Bronze Armordillos.....
Al'Qua Traz:Lvl 96 who really tries.

Karkaas the Mage: lvl 84 still Wannabe BM

Ninwa Shou-Jen: lvl 48 or so UA who is currently raiding your mansion....

jazmin
Plower
Plower

Post by jazmin » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:49 pm

Favorite spot of all time...There are soo many of course all when little. Would have to say though the Lugian citadel in qal hanging in the slow room with all my little friends killing the 5 that spawn for hours. And when I was big enough to go into the fast room and there were at least 30-40 other people there. Back when people would scream GIGA and getting one hit off it was exciting. Dead bodies and soo much stuff on the floor you had to use the [] keys to find your body. :multi:

Culticon
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Culticon » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:02 am

I still love the shallow hive! :D I almost cried when my main hit 81 and I could not go back in I loved that place! :snipersmile:
I don't have a problem!:evilbat:
:boink: Culticon level 203 Grief BM :boink:

Friend of LD :)

Spastick
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Spastick » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:58 am

there was a little spot outside samsur that had some dillos outside it, and at level 5ish you could camp this spot between to rocks and shot the dillos with war spells and they couldnt fit through the spot... this was waaaaaaaay back in the day like hmmm january 2000? 2001? like 4 months after game was released cant remember anymore lol

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:06 am

There are so many to choose from, but I think my fave of all time would have to be the flows on Aerlinthe. This was by far the scariest place on Dereth. I still go there, alone I might add, and work my way up to the top, through the Diamonds, Vapors, Plasmas, Nightmare Wisps, Augmented Drudges, Silver Tuskers and the occasional Gnat, err Wasp. No where else can you get chain cast by eight critters and die in a nanosecond. The XP used to be the best around. I remember having to keep a written list of ten or so people waiting to get in to a fellowship. And they would wait hours.

Nowhere else on Dereth can you get a Diamond Powder, a Pyreal Pea, a Vapor Heart and 5% vitae in 10 seconds.

If you haven't been there, you're just missing out on what makes or breaks a true warrior.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Phred
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Phred » Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:16 am

The ultimate hunting spot.....

a long long time ago...back when you were powerleveling if you hit level 5 within two hours I was taken to a secretive location that no one knew about aside from my patron and all 17 other people who were playing on thistledown at the time...of course my patron was a very impressive level 25 at this point....anyways..back tot eh story...I was taken on the most frightful run of my life.....north of Hebian-to to a small fortress filled with the most heinous mosswart and drudge spawns imaginable (avoid the beach.. its almost insatnt death)

several months later a new template emerged called the OG mage and qualbar became the newest baddest most uber leet place to be....man I miss that fort.
I'm thinking about not thinking which when you think about it really makes the whole thing kind of thoughtless.
~Bardolan, Elder of the Legacy of Stolen Tears -- http://www.stolentears.net
Deadness Confirmed: You've got Corpse.

Jena
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Jena » Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:18 am

I really miss Shallow hive. :cry: Since I hit 81 Ive been lost in the dereth and cant find a good spot to hunt.
Jena - Level 116- UA Queen Slayer
Jasmine Rose - 73 bow
Starra - my little trade bot :)
Dream Angel - 22 mage
Jasmine' -73 (trades mule)

DL
Farmer
Farmer

Post by DL » Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:46 am

wow Phred...I remember that mossie fort...scariest place I was ever at when I was a wee wee babe on my 1st temp.....I eventually grew to hate that place and refused to go there with my friends....lol

Lugies though...oh wow...there's something about those BIG ugly mean looking hard stomping persistant giants that tug at my heart....I went from the cit to the excavation and lived there for almost forever......and still pray for my very own lugie dungeon full of Titas Lugies some day....the Devs never seem to fullfill that wish.....OMG...imagine a dungeon like the excavation full of Titas.....oh be still my pounding heart!!!!!

lol
Dangerous Lady

I'm an AC addict...do I want help for my addiction?...NO!!!

Druhsk
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Druhsk » Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:13 pm

OMG Phred!!! Flanker and I used to spend HOURS there when we first started on Solclaim. I knew that run from the Hebian LS to the fort like the back of my hand (no nasty jokes!)

We fought there so long that we knew the spawn timers of the mossies and when to run outside and tag the dillos and bandies that would pop up.

Although I do remember there was a Lugia Fort area (can't remember where) but we used to clear the outside, jump inside the fort and hold it for dear life. :)

Those were awesome days when you feared for your life if a Lithos Lugian locked on you, because he would not leave ya alone!!!
The earth was hungry, so it ate some people...

Magickid2002
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Magickid2002 » Fri May 23, 2003 9:21 pm

OMG Fav huntign places so many to list but I think that mossie fort and lugian camp thing NW of Qal are the best and funnest places to go. jeez those weree the days when lvl 6 scrolls were important let alone rare. man I wish AC was like that again. they should make a new server once again. hehe.

GK

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Thu May 29, 2003 2:27 am

Ah the Mossie Fort!
A noob named Heatmiser once battled for life and limb inside its walls back in the summer of 2000.

Shallow Hive!
What a great dungeon. So many fellows in there with my dagger side project, Blitzkrieg Jones. (An archer now, thanks to the big nerf.) I too was saddened when Blitz got too big to hunt there.

And the Olthoi Rock!
Many an arrow was shot from atop that rock as well. I can remember five archers or more perching olthoi on that rock. What where we thinking?! Xp was terrible, but I met some guys there that I've always remembered.
Trinitron, Cyche, Black Rose, and my introdution to griefing: Red Sky (Man that guy was a dolt.) Oh and who could forget my favorite rock buddy, Blage (Now known as Al'Qua Traz.) :)

Can you believe I still play Heat after all these years? :)

Those were all great spots.

A few more personal favorites:
DoC. So many drudges, so little time.

BSD. I admit it! I used to hunt there like a champ!

Nowadays I like VoD and the AL beaches around Lacuna. Reapers and Devastators, and Annihilators, oh my!

stumpy wallace
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by stumpy wallace » Thu May 29, 2003 7:23 pm

DRUDGE HIDEOUT!