Today, a rare honor was paid unto me.

There is a little Sun Tzu in all of us.
Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Today, a rare honor was paid unto me.

Post by Ncatyl » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:05 am

I come home from a days journey weary. Tired and a bit parched, I could taste the trails dust, thick with pollen on the back of my tongue. My face slightly scorched, and my eyes dry from the hot, dry wind and radiant sunshine. My parched throat lept at the thrill of being quenched by a cellar-chilled beer, and my backside longed for the plush velvet couch stuffed with down.

Doffing my working gear I lazily strolled by my porch garden to see a strange cat carelessly drowsing between the amaranth and fountain, below the rank growth of morning glory that clung to the eaves. It looked up to acknowledge me, then quietly went back to dreaming.

I'd cleaned up a bit and gotten my throat its promised relief. Feeling better I decided to head out to the garden to mill about and appear to be tending an already immaculate collection of ripe verdancy. The cat, seemingly more refreshed, sat up and watch as I preened spent blossoms and pruned errant tendrils. I took a seat when done, pausing by the fountain for a bit of thoughtful reflection. The cat, whom I was scarcely ignoring, but paying no great attention to came up and nudged my hand for a bit of affection which I gave willingly.

Head scratched, the wee beast of a lion took to departing. With a backward glance and a squint of favor, she vanished through a wall of green and into the wild.

It is no small thing to be made to feel as being thought of so highly by an animal such as the cat. Least of all on a first encounter.

-Aun Ncatyl
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:12 am

How delightful and I could completely picture it :)
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Scorcha Wench - baby magette
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

Allegiance Council Member
laseirna@lastdynasty.net