A tale of Celcynd. Chapter two

There is a little Sun Tzu in all of us.
Tynerion
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

A tale of Celcynd. Chapter two

Post by Tynerion » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:12 pm

Keutah crouched down by the entrance of the redoubt listening to the steady thrumming of the drums and fletched the last of his arrows. Every beat seemed to cause his blood to burn within him a little bit hotter, which forced him to pay even more attention to the quality of his work. For all of his arrows must be perfect. No exceptions.

His whole life, Keutah had heard the drums. He had seen and felt the magic that the shamans produced through their ritualistic banging. He had attended the ritual gatherings that the powerful sound of these instruments would often herald. But today, the language of the drums spoke only of war.

Today would be the greatest day, ever experienced by his Xuta. Today, he would lead his people to victory over the filthy humans and their encroachment into the land of the Tonk. He despised the term "Tumerok", a human label that he was not willing to accept. If all went as planned, he would make his point on this issue by carving the word "Tonk" onto the foreheads of all the humans he would kill this day, even in the symbols of their own language.

"Keutah, they are ready." Came a voice behind him, removing him for the moment from his hateful revelry. "We await your word."

Keutah recognized the voice of his trusted friend and a Shaman of his Xuta, Terauri. From childhood, they had been the greatest of friends and though Keutah had taken the road of the warrior and Terauri the path of mysticism, they remained entwined in soul as the closest of brothers.

Keutah arose from his crouch and carefully placed his finished arrows into his quiver. He looked to his friend for a moment then turned his head to the sky as looking for something particular.

"Tell me something Terauri. What says the high priest about our adventure today?" Terauri smiled. "Your question does not spawn from even a hint of concern in your heart Keutah, for I know you care little for the spiritual, but nevertheless, his support is yours."

Keutahs head snapped back from his gaze into the heavens to fix upon Terauaris' face and his own demeanor could not but show his surprise. "Do not jest Terauri! Now is not the time for comedy!"

"I jest not Keutah. " Said the shaman. "As much as he is against violence, he seems to see an unintended outcome to your actions that will one day prove a boon to all in this land."

"You are right my friend, I care not for the magic's, nor do I have patience for supposed soothsayers who always seem to foretell doom and despair for our people." Keutah paused as if thinking of how to apply a certain piece of a puzzle. "But if what you say is true, and I have the blessing of the great Daeaua, then I shall use it to my purpose. Even those that have questioned my actions up until today shall quiet themselves now."

"This day is yours my brother. " Said Terauri. "Now it is time to speak to the warrior host you have assembled here. Go and share your vision of victory."

"Yes." Keutah spoke now with a greater passion than Terauri had ever seen in his old companion. "Let us go!"

As Keutah made his way to the top of the redoubt tower to address the Tumerok host, only one thing that his friend said held sway. It throbbed in his head and his heart leaped at the words. "Yes, yes," he thought. "THIS day is MINE!"

stumpy wallace
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by stumpy wallace » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:15 pm

:shock:

Sassy
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Sassy » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:18 pm

Another great chapter! :)

:angel:
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/sassysig.jpg[/img]

Work like you don't need the money, love
like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody's watching."

stumpy wallace
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by stumpy wallace » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:22 pm

WHAT WILL BE NEXT!
OOH OOH OOH mention sumthin bout a magical hippie rock that turns fingernails into elevators

Tynerion
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Tynerion » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:26 pm

Hehe... I'll try... but that's a tall order.. : )