Follow the leader

For Quest Masters - Private
TUSAMI
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Follow the leader

Post by TUSAMI » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:28 am

I have noticed this is becoming an issue that clanmate's want us to run quest's for them, but for some reason the seem to know it better than the leader. I will boot ppl for not following rules, or disband if nessesary. And I support my fellow Quest master's for doing the same.
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/tusamisig.jpg[/img]
:banana: Woot I'm an AC nut, Err Banana :banana:

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:44 pm

What I used to do is sit everyone down before we went anywhere and went over what we going to do, and what I expected from everyone. I would warn them if people didn't follow directions, I may abandon the quest. This does two things; it gives them a quick and dirty training for the quest and it lays the ground rules. I would make everyone sit down (anyone that has gone on the QQ with me has an idea :) ) and give them the instructions.

For an awful lot of people, questing has become the prize at the end, not the journey through the actual quest.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

vermillion ace
Quest Master

Post by vermillion ace » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:09 am

Taking a firmer position as leader of a quest is nessasary in order to ensure the success of the quest in a timely manner. I for one should have been more firm when I started running the quests for the clan. Needless to say after the events that took place friday I will not allow things to come to a place where I will be smeared on /a chat again. I do have an update tho, I have since led quests involveing the people involved and they have improved greatly. I do however have a list of those involved and if they slip up again I will be forced to go before the AC and ask for their removal. I feel this is well within my rights as a member of that councel. I would no longer allow these persons to come on any quest I lead but since I feel I am a quest master for the CLAN I should not alienate anyone because of personal differences. thanks for reading. your feeling would be appreciated
Ashes ashes, they all fall down.

Sassy
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Sassy » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:41 pm

My suggestion would be to use /a for announcement of the quest only. Tyn and I did that for weeping a couple of weeks ago. We wouldn't give any directions on /a no matter how often they asked. I just kept telling them that information would be given when we were all together. It worked pretty good and I think I was the only one that died. :roll: :P
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/sassysig.jpg[/img]

Work like you don't need the money, love
like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody's watching."

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:50 pm

I still hate /a :) But, I have to live with it.

I tell everyone that I am shutting /a off during the quest. The only time I will turn it on is if we have two or more fellows and we get separated and need to chat quickly. I used to IRC and still do if I know they use it too.

If you are running an organized quest, everyone should know the rules. It doesn't mean they do, but they should. The new people need to understand who is in charge. Heck, the old people need to understand that too. I get just as annoyed when older players (not age) run ahead of a quest with newbs in it as I do with a newb who runs ahead.

So, make sure you set the ground rules first. That way when you boot someone, everyone involved understand why and that is was justified.

That minimizes the aftermath of you said/they said.

As you have noticed, I am a stickler for the rules. When someone breaks them, there is a punishment of some sort. This makes it easier on them and you, when they know this.

Good Luck, VA :)
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace