Wanting credit for time served when moratorium lifted.

Chain Policies and Procedures for all Last Dynasty Chains
Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Wanting credit for time served when moratorium lifted.

Post by Ncatyl » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:11 pm

Never know when I'll take a vacation. My credit is important to me.

At last stats upload, I was level 124. I am now lvl 125, raised loyalty to 200 sometime between then and last week, and I'm left with a scant 60 mil to reach 126. Thassalotta XP for me to have in the old bank.

I'm not that worried about passup from below any longer. I like it, and I like the player behind the character, but I'm not sweating quota from below. I just want to be sure my obligations to the next in line above are covered. Especially in the event I take a hiatus. That's what I see my credit as being; my available leave time.

Just to reiterate, I'm not concerned with passup from below. Sullen has exceeded all expectations and should have a substantial credit. Moreso than myself, I believe. I just want to be sure that when I take a vacation I don't come back to a 36mil tab.

I know all of the above is likely a given considering the nature of the chain and the clan. I just don't like leaving things unsaid. It does wonders for my popularity ;)

Thanks!
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:34 pm

I don't know how the chains are going to work after the August patch. Decal and some sort of an xp tracking plug-in may or may not be available and how xp credit or debit will be calculated. However, having said all that, I'm sure there is some way we can figure out your credit as I know you are a very active hunter.
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Scorcha Wench - baby magette
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

Allegiance Council Member
laseirna@lastdynasty.net

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:47 am

No I'm not. I'm effective, not active.

This past three weeks have all been about preparing for, and exploring the expansion and therefore, I've logged far more time IG than I usually would. I didn't want to be left reading about it like I was Dark Majesty, so I capatilized on my player knowledge, innate shrewdness and tenacity.

:::update:::

50 mil to 126

(Beware of Uber Penguin lvl 235! No, you cannot "pwn him". You will feel pain.)
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Ashida Kim
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Ashida Kim » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:35 pm

I would say you can probably turn on the time stamp feature, bring up your allegiance page and put something in chat so we see a timestamp. Get a SS. Then, when the hiatus is lifted, do the same. The credit would be the difference and, I am assuming, last you 2 weeks like the credits used to do.

That is just my 2 pyreal.

As a side note, with 200 base loyalty, you will only need to make about 10 mill exp in a week to make passup, or 20 mill every 2 weeks. Given that fact, and the fact that the olthoi pincers are 15 mill exp on a 2 week timer, and take about 30 - 45 min to run, sounds like you only need to hunt for about 5 mill exp every 2 weeks to make your quota with ease.
-May the road to the stars take you beyond your dreams

Robin's Hood - Level 11x Xbow/Tradesmule
Divinatrix - Level 17x Melee Mage
The Sullen Soldier - Level 17x Spear/Tinker

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:01 pm

Superb! I hate grinding!

Always run with timestamp since AC disables my onscreen clock.

As for credit lasting only two weeks, that explains a lot. I missed that bit in the policy it seems. I always figured that credit earned was credit banked. Didn't know about any expiration date.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:25 pm

I don't think it's a policy that the credit is good for only two weeks. As I understand it, it's more a function of the program used to track xp. It resets every 21 days. So every 21 days you go back to 0. I have no idea why and I might be wrong in some aspect of it, but I know it resets something every 21 days. I'll look up the explanation later as I know I've seen it several times. Panzer or Oof explain it better than I can.
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

laseirna@lastdynasty.net

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:43 am

Might be good for that to ba included in our policy then. I was seriously ticked when I lost 50Mxp worth of credit in ten days. That's a lot of work for me. Or at least, it was.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Ashida Kim
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Ashida Kim » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:29 am

I think we do need to keep at least some type of expire date though. People join the chain for a steady stream of exp. While getting 100 mill is nice, not getting any for another 16 weeks would kind of stink.
-May the road to the stars take you beyond your dreams

Robin's Hood - Level 11x Xbow/Tradesmule
Divinatrix - Level 17x Melee Mage
The Sullen Soldier - Level 17x Spear/Tinker

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:54 pm

The database keeps track of a rolling 21 day window (it tracks the most recent 21 days, counting back from whatever "today's" date is) of data. As the days move along, older xp moves too far into the past to be tracked by the database anymore, and it falls out of consideration towards credit. I don't remember the original reason for settling on a 21 day period for the window size in which to track data as it's been too long since Naka (I believe) made that original decision. Generally, the three-week window has worked pretty well with our chains, giving enough time to allow for vacation breaks, but still being a short enough tracking period that it encourages people to hunt regularly.

We generally try hard to explain to new chain members how the quota works when they join; it sounds like we need to revisit that and make sure that we're ensure that everyone knows how the time periods work.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:12 pm

Very good Oof, thank you! I can understand Ashida's comment about a steady stream being desirable. However in my experience, the chain XP I receive is like love, "It comes in spurts", to quote an older song. 30 mil one week, nothing for 3. 60 mil at the top of the next period, nothing again for another 3.

You'll note that exceeds the chain vass' obligation, which is why I've maintained I'm not at all concerned about my uptake. I don't need to be.

I will leave this comment for consideration by the managers; some credit should be carried over, at least a weeks worth if it is there, when things are refreshed.

It's a real slap in the face to have it all gone at once. Especially if that happens to be the same day you start your vacation.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:43 am

As long as you give a manager a heads up on the vacation, you will be fine. They will allow you to be failing for a few days after your vacation is over until you can get caught back up. The point here is that you must give them the days you will be gone and just be up front about the event when it happens. Just because your status shows up as failing doesn't mean you are automatically booted from the chain 8) .

Look at my point of view. Being in the 200 million chain above pass-up and having Iron Horse II as a vassal, I could end up 600 million xp or more in the hole if i left for say 10 days. It would not be fair for me to get booted from the chain for just having a failing status as long as I let the managers know ahead of time.

If you get back from vacation and need xp, get ahold of me in game and or with a PM and i'm sure we can get you caught up in 1-2 hours ). Maybe in 5 min if I give you a gaerlan sword to turn in for 15 million xp LOL.

I don't think you need to look at the credit being lost from the 22nd day. It really is a non-factor. If i could have all my credit back I wouldn't have to hunt again for around a year ) as my total credit has to be around 20 billion xp. If anyone should have a grip about it, that anyone would be me. I read the policy when I got in and accepted it. Everyone else accepted it too if they are in a chain here.

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:53 am

Umm, no.

My point was I don't want to be put behind when in fact, I'm ahead. I should think most anyone who played casually would feel likewise.

Not that it matters in the 6 mil with TOD, but the principle is sound.

If folks want a hardcore chain, it's no prob to make one cf. the old food chain and order of hyssop. I am expected to deliver 6 mil passup per week. I am obligated to and expect 24 mil/ month, 312 mil per year. I disagree with the entire credit bank being refreshed and suggested a simple solution that would prevent folks going into defecit through reasonable and fair means for our most casual chain.

Of course again, this doesn't matter to me because meeting the quota is a snap. However, I figure a more lax or lenient policy would be more inviting.

Thanks for your comments, whoever you are. :)
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:07 am

As far as the 6 million chain goes, I have no problem with having credit that can be used for vacations - however I would have to say that credit can be accrued within reason.

You are correct in that you are obligated to pass up 6 million xp/week; 312 million/year. I know some people can pass up that 312 million in a week or even less. If you pass up what is in effect a year's worth of quota in a week, for me the question is, are you finished with your obligation and everything else is banked? In my opinion, no, because it was never meant to work like that. That is not reasonable.

Does that mean we, the chain managers, need to work up a policy on credit and vacations - sounds like it.
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Kamikaze Kueen - UA

laseirna@lastdynasty.net

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:37 am

No, the rules are the rules and you agreed to them when you applied to the chain. If you didn't read the rules, you should go back and read them.
It is even more important now for the 22nd day to be gone. With the pass-up being basically one person, it really couldn't be concidered a chain if you could bank xp for longer than that.

The idea for the chain is to produce much more xp than if not in a chain and for it to be on a regular basis.

The casual chain is a place where it really doesn't matter how much xp you produce. This may be a more appropriate place for you if you insist on this banking issue.

By the way, that was my post under guest. I was trying to be nice about it but obviously you didn't get my point. You are in a chain that you agreed with when you applied. The managers are more than fair at letting you get caught up as long as you tell them.

If they allowed banking as you suggest, I would have to look for another chain that actually produces xp on a consistant basis.

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:13 am

Just so there is no confusion, I am not talking about a policy that would allow banking in any chain other than the 6 million chain. Though quite honestly, given the way I interpret the purpose of the 6 million chain and the way I run it, the more I think about it, the more I think it's a non-issue in the 6 million chain. Tell me that you're going on vacation for however long and it'll be ok. I run this chain very casually. I don't worry too much unless I hear nothing for long periods of time. We still want active people in all the LD chains.

XP is not the driving force behind the 6 million chain. At least not in my opinion. 6 million xp chain was meant to be casual. . .getting a bit of xp each week in addition to getting rank 9. I generally don't need to crack the whip in that chain or remove people for not making quota. It means people can go on vacation or deal with RL issues and not worry about quota.
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Kamikaze Kueen - UA

laseirna@lastdynasty.net