leadership question

Last Dynasty Chain with a 150 million XP quota per week.
vermillion ace
Quest Master

leadership question

Post by vermillion ace » Tue May 25, 2004 1:44 am

I have a question concerning leadership. If a patron does not have leadership does his vassel have to hunt more in order to make pass-up quota?
Ashes ashes, they all fall down.

TUSAMI
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by TUSAMI » Tue May 25, 2004 5:29 am

I belive you have to hunt more if they dont have leadership trained.
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/tusamisig.jpg[/img]
:banana: Woot I'm an AC nut, Err Banana :banana:

Zarah
Clan Event Team

Post by Zarah » Tue May 25, 2004 11:48 am

I know that in the last couple of weeks sworn to Kaz my pass-up has gone from 47% down to 43% with her not having leadership trained. I believe that what she is not getting is going into the pool, at least I hope. Oof has a post somewhere here that explains how the pass-up works but since I'm at work I can't spend a lot of time digging around for it.
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/zarahsig.jpg[/img]

Teaka Stormbringer level 96 Sword (pokey pokey)

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Tue May 25, 2004 12:07 pm

Umm interesting, zarah could your passup not just be less, because we were building up our sworn time together ? which temporarily lowered it ?

Is just nothing i can change on my char to take leader or i would
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/kazsamsig.jpg[/img]
<Shindhi_AC> without you kaz, AC woudl be a lot more boring =)

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Tue May 25, 2004 12:44 pm

I don't know for sure. The way vassal passup used to work is that the vassal would put a certain percentage of the xp that had been hunted for into an xp pool that the patron would later draw out of. The vassal's percentage that was put in from hunted xp was of course based on the vassal's loyalty. (There was additional xp put into the pool too, xp that passed up from the vassal's vassals, but since that doesn't really work any more we won't talk about that.)

Periodically, whenever the xp pool got full, xp was passed up from the pool to the patron. The percentage of the xp that was pulled from the pool was based on the patron's leadership. The higher the leadership, the higher the percentage of the xp that was pulled from the pool. The maximum percentage that could be pulled was 125%. That was pretty cool, because the patron could actually pull more xp out of the pool than the vassal put in.

Things change, as they say... Now, the vassal puts a percentage of hunted xp into the pool. As best I understand, the vassal's percentage that can be put into the pool caps at 95% IF the vassal has maxed loyalty. :( The patron's percentage that can be pulled from the pool caps at 95% IF the patron has maxed leadership and maxed vassal bonus. Supposedly, the patron can receive 90% of what the vassal hunts for (95% * 95%).

It seems like the percentage that is actually passed ramps up high pretty quickly because characters with 150 - 200 leader/loyalty are passing up 60%+. I think that spending that last 3 billion or xp to cap leadership or loyalty probably isn't worth it.

As I stated at the beginning of this post, I really don't know the answer to your question for sure. My best guess is that a patron not having leadership WILL affect your passup percentage. The amount of xp that shows as being passed up in the vassal's character window and in the patron's always matches, so the game knows how much makes it all the way to the patron. I don't know where in the process AC Stats grabs the numbers though, whether it's before the patron pulls from the pool or after the patron pulls from the pool (when a lack of leadership would affect how much was pulled).

I know Blue Wizard is running some tests to try to verify more of this. Panzer and I will test in another week or so. I'm saving evis pincers. I can get another one in a week or so. We are planning on testing passup both with and without leadership trained and see what happens.

This probably doesn't help very much. :( For what it's worth, if/when I find out more I will post it for everyone.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Zarah
Clan Event Team

Post by Zarah » Tue May 25, 2004 2:37 pm

possibly Kaz I am not certain..I do know that I wasnt sworn to VA for more than 3 weeks before pass-up was at 47%. I have since bumped up leader/loyalty to decent numbers and have made killer xp in the past three weeks so the 43% pass-up is discouraging to say the least. No, I do not begrudge you for not being able to alter your toon, I understand there is nothing you can do about that.

I am curious if the different time zones has reduced our time sworn since we are truly only on together for maybe an hour if that during the day. I will start leaving Zarah logged on during the night at my cottage for the remainder of the week and see if that has any affect on the current pass-up rate. If possible, I would like for you to leave Kaz on during "your" night while Zarah plays. I would like to think that we should see something if this is the case come Sunday. I believe, now come to think of it, that you and I have been on at the same time less and less here recently. Yes, I know we logged many ingame time sworn to each other in the beginning by leaving our toons on, but something has changed here recently and the fact that I keep bumping up leader/loyalty should be a positive but as you can see by the numbers that is not the case.

I am very anxious to see what numbers are produced by Panz and Oof...*wiaves* at Oof.

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Tue May 25, 2004 3:22 pm

Btw where do you get 43% or 47% from ? is it the stas page or on your char ?

How would i know what mine is, also , as i dont really understand any of this cept, pass or fail, what does your passup % mean ?

And yes ill try and remeber to leave kaz logged on tonite

Zarah
Clan Event Team

Post by Zarah » Tue May 25, 2004 4:01 pm

from the lower portion of the AcStats page Kaz. So far, the pass-up shown there has been pretty darn close and in the case of nascar-nut, the pass-up has been dead on...:)

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Wed May 26, 2004 12:54 am

No, passup is strictly up to vassel. Leadership will account for how much of that pasup you get.
Quuestion to Turbine:
3. If my patron has not played as much as I since swearing does this affect passup.
Answer:
3. This does not affect passup. Only the in-game and real time sworn by the vassal is considered.
I take this to mean also that pass up is independent, it is only a matter of how much of the pass up you recieve. I will verify this in the future.
A Friend to ALL and A Friend in Deed!

Zarah
Clan Event Team

Post by Zarah » Wed May 26, 2004 2:37 am

Kaz, you weren't logged in when I was on this evening so I decided not to leave Z on either. If you can let me know when you can leave Kaz logged on I will work around your schedule.

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Wed May 26, 2004 7:25 am

got booted at 10.30 pm, couldnt log back in before bed even to get my corpse

Aiming to try again tonite :)

vermillion ace
Quest Master

Post by vermillion ace » Wed May 26, 2004 11:29 am

I quess the question I have now is, does ac stats show the xp the vassel places into the xp pool or the xp the patron takes from the pool for purposes of making quota.

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Sat May 29, 2004 9:14 pm

This should be eaisly figured out:

A patron and vassel both:
( have acstats running)
1: take screen shots of xp on aleiegne page and how much total xp you have.
2. both log out and back in at same time with acstats on.
3. Go hunting
4. both take screen shots again of alligance XP page and total XP.
5. both log out out at same time.
6. compare the two entries on astats page to what you captured on the screen shots.

I would love to participate in this if I may, it would hlep me greatly in getting the pass up formula.

(if you do this I would really like to see your data, will help in getting the pass up formula completley figured out, if you can send me the captured data from screen shots and the whole acstats page)

vermillion ace
Quest Master

Post by vermillion ace » Sat May 29, 2004 9:46 pm

well due to my resent situation we could do this asap while im not really a part of any chain and my acstats are voided

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Sat May 29, 2004 10:14 pm

It takes a patron and a vassla, preferabley in the XP chain so we can compare it to that also, (forgot about that part)