Question re quota

Last Dynasty Chain with a 150 million XP quota per week.
Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed May 05, 2004 12:51 pm

My guess is that since Turbine averages the times from 4 vassals, it is better to drop three vassals who have never sworn in since the changes and keep one active vassal. That way, your active vassal number is "averaged" against itself, without being watered down by having the really low numbers of the three inactive ones being averaged in.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Wed May 05, 2004 1:10 pm

ok , booting 2 more then :)
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/kazsamsig.jpg[/img]
<Shindhi_AC> without you kaz, AC woudl be a lot more boring =)

TUSAMI
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by TUSAMI » Wed May 05, 2004 6:47 pm

Does'nt booting those mules affect rank ? since poeple are complaining about the rank issue's
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/tusamisig.jpg[/img]
:banana: Woot I'm an AC nut, Err Banana :banana:

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Wed May 05, 2004 7:00 pm

I will post the repsonse I got from Turbine, but the penalty for inactive vassels technically does not exist.

As far as Rank, If they are single toons then there is no effect on Rank. The most single toons will do is give a Rank 1 person Rank 2. Rank is a pyramid scheme: two 1's make a 2, two 2's a 3, two 3's a four....... and so on.

It basically takes a minimum of (2 to the power of the Rank desired ) -1 to achieve a given rank. So for example to reach a Rank of 8 you would need a minimum of 256 if they were swrn optimumly.
A Friend to ALL and A Friend in Deed!

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Wed May 05, 2004 10:13 pm

Ok from a turbine Q & A email I sent:

What is the exact formula of Leadership, Loyality, Time Sworn, Time In Game, ect.
We don't provide this information.
:lol: Can't blame a guy for trying. Never know they might have answered it.

Does having previous vassels that have not logged in cause a negative effect?
Technically, there is no penalty. However these vassals do not provide any time sworn bonus. As the final time sworn is an average, your time sworn bonus may be reduced due to these vassals.
:? A little double talk here, not quite sure what the answer was.

Take it for what it's worth.

Blue
A Friend to ALL and A Friend in Deed!

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Thu May 06, 2004 3:07 am

I argued with the Turbine folks for a while in one of those threads back then.

The answer I inferred is that "technically" there is no penalty for inactive vassals because what you get from the active ones is a bonus and not a baseline setting type of thing. In other words, with no vassals at all, you are at zero (so to speak). With vassals who don't log in, you are still at zero (see, no penalty yet). If you have all of your vassals who log in and play, you get a bonus. Now... if you have a mix of some vassals who play and some vassals who don't log in, you don't "technically" get a penalty for those that don't log in. You get a zero-bonus for them which is figured into your average, but, hey, they aren't actually penalizing you for the inactive vassals, they simply aren't giving you any bonus for them.

The fact that your inactive vassals are averaged in with your other vassals' time and the fact that it results in your getting a lesser bonus is simply an unfortunate side effect. :(

Semantics being set aside, if you have inactive vassals, they will be figured in and they will hurt your xp bonus. Supposedly, the bonus caps at four vassals now so if you have at least four active vassals then having some extra, inactive, vassals won't hurt you. For everyone else, inactive vassals will negatively affect your vassal bonus.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Thu May 06, 2004 7:04 am

What is the exact formula of Leadership, Loyality, Time Sworn, Time In Game, ect.
Quote:
We don't provide this information.
Hehe Blue i like it ;)

Ok well i personally am down from 12 to 2 active vassals, so form what you saying Oof that seems to be maybe the best way to go.

Thx for all the responses :)
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/kazsamsig.jpg[/img]
<Shindhi_AC> without you kaz, AC woudl be a lot more boring =)