Weekly status report for 11/04/2005...OK Keeb?

Last Dynasty Chain with a 150 million XP quota per week.
acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Weekly status report for 11/04/2005...OK Keeb?

Post by acaddict » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:51 am

Name: Acaddict
Loyalty: 200+ (wish this mattered)
Leadership: 291 (when major is activated)
last month total xp: 137,588,913,614
This month total xp: 141,077,899,903
One week differential: 3,488,986,289
Patron: Oof
Vassal: Select

Keebler
Allegiance Council

Post by Keebler » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:32 am

This is fine Ac, thanks, forgot to do it before going to bed lastnight.

Keeb
Killing is my business, and business is GOOD!

Allegiance Council
Keebler@lastdynasty.net

Decipher
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Decipher » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:30 pm

Current Week:

Name: Decipher
Level : 224
Total Xp: 70,646,808,460
Patron: Iron Horse II
Xp to Patron: 4,294,967,295
Vassal: Luang
Vassal Xp: 4,294,967,295

Previous Week:

Name: Decipher
Level : 218
Total Xp: 62,271,418,813
Patron: Iron Horse II
Xp to Patron: 4,294,967,295
Vassal: Luang
Vassal Xp: 4,294,967,295

Total xp difference for the week: 8,375,389,647

also, whats the policy on moving up in the chain once patrons level is exceeded?

Keebler
Allegiance Council

Post by Keebler » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:03 pm

We actually dont' have a promotion policy at this time, but I will bring it up to the other managers.

Keeb
Killing is my business, and business is GOOD!

Allegiance Council
Keebler@lastdynasty.net

.Urrasa.
Harvester
Harvester

Post by .Urrasa. » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:18 am

Name: Urrasa
Level : 231
Patron: Select
Vassel: Iron Horse II
Total Xp this week: 81,545,366,515
Total Xp last week: 80,383,334,797
Difference: 1,162,031,718
:drinking:= :silly: = :sleeping: = :morning:

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:28 am

I don't think promotion is a viable option as you would have to become a higher level than the person above you. This would be unfair because currently there are some very wide ranges between some of the characters and they would not be able to use it.

If the chain grew to around 100 characters or so, that would squeeze the levels together enough so basically all chain members could have the same oportunity of a promotion. I do not forsee this happening :wink:

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:31 am

Oh, if anyone passes me, they diserve a promotion and I would gladly give up that spot :-D

.Urrasa.
Harvester
Harvester

Post by .Urrasa. » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:39 am

I thought passup other than a direct vassel was poo now....so would it make any difference jumping up one?? Unless your patron would make a really good vassel... ;)
:drinking:= :silly: = :sleeping: = :morning:

select
Plower
Plower

Post by select » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:39 am

Name: Select
Level: 241
Last week Xp total: 99,663,173,933
This week Xp total: 100,729,520,888
Vassal: Urrasa
Patron: Acaddict
1 week differential: 1,066,346,955

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:31 pm

Name: Acaddict
Loyalty: 200+ (wish this mattered)
Leadership: 291 (when major is activated)
last month total xp: 137,588,913,614
This month total xp: 141,077,899,903
One week differential: 3,488,986,289
Patron: Oof
Vassal: Select
I have to say something, and I hope that I'm wrong. I also hope that saying something doesn't cost me a friend, but something has been feeling not "right" with me for a while now. It went from not feeling right to bothering me to the point where I'm upset enough now that I'm willing to post about it.

Ac, quite a while back you broke from Panzer. You had been the top spot in the chain for a long time, and had feeding xp to Panzer (as the monarch he was sitting on top of the chain). Then, one night you broke from him, supposedly while trying to drop from a fellow, or while trying to boot someone else from a fellow, I don't remember which.

Ok, no problem, I thought, mistakes can happen. The only real problem with it was that you were higher level than Panzerfaust and you couldn't just swear back in and fix the xp flow like we could before the expansion pack. (Technically, what you did was to cause a chain break, but since your patron was the monarch, no one really fussed about it. If your spot in the chain had been anywhere other than the very top spot and we couldn't have restored the xp flow you would have been removed from the chain immediately because of the break you caused, you do realize that don't you? Thinking about it, that's what should have happened.)

I mentioned to you that we could swear several folks to Panzerfaust and hunt hard under him and get him caught up to you, and then you could swear back underneath him and things would be back the way they were supposed to be again, but you said, "No way. He can't catch me, I'm too far ahead of him."

After our talk, a few of us did in fact swear under Panzer and start pushing some xp to him. What did you do? For the past several weeks, you've been hunting for billions of xp per week.

Every indication is that you are making a concerted effort to do everything you can to stay ahead of Panzer, or to reach 275 first on this server, or to do something. I don't understand what's going on.

I know Panzerfaust pretty well in real life and I know that he doesn't particularly care one way or another about the xp. I do know that he cares a great deal about honesty and loyalty and integrity in the people that he deals with.

I personally would like to have seen Panzer hit 275 before most of the other monarchs on this server, and your help in making that happen would have been a huge asset. Instead, you broke, and every indication is that you are making every effort to ensure that it remains impossible for you to be able to pass xp to Panzer before he reaches 275.

I understand liking to play and liking to hunt. I also understand making mistakes, and trying to correct mistakes when I make them. I would have thought you would have hunted AC for quota and then parked him for a few weeks, grabbed another character and sworn him to Panzer and then hunted like your xp-crazy self and pushed xp to Panzer. I would have thought you would have sworn your heavy hunting vassals temporarily to Panzer until Panzer was high enough to have fixed the break you caused.

What really triggered me posting right now, as silly as it sounds, is when you posted your "(wish this mattered)" next to your Loyalty number.

Right below your Loyalty is your Leadership number, which is listed as 91 points higher (76 without the major). Granted, you didn't bother to write down your exact loyalty number, so I don't know what it is, but it surely shows where your focus is, and it seems to be on how much AC grows.

Show me that I'm wrong, and I'll apologize like all get out. Your actions over the past several weeks sure makes it look like you're running for 275 as hard as you can go since you broke from Panzer.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:48 am

My intent is and always has been to make as much xp for Ac. And yes, I am racing to get to level 275. You don't understand how much I enjoy passing up xp. Short memories! Look at my character's name. I never did intentionally break from Panz. If you look at the xp before I accidentally did, you will see I had a couple of 6 billion xp weeks and lots of 2 billion ones. The only reason I'm making any more or any faster is that Mune man is under me too and I have better armor and weapons now. I also learned how to hunt a dungeon more efficiently.
I would be more than happy to swear to mune and mune swear to Panz but that is an option for Mune and not my decision. Panz is never on when my other vassal is on and he wouldn't want to do that because of the vassal-patron chat.
When I told you there was no way you could push Panz above me, I meant that I had way too much xp head start for him to do it.
I only get about 1/12 of my xp from the chain anyway. If you all have a way to swear Select around me and still have a way for me to keep my rank.
I passed more xp up to Panzer then probably 10 of the last people that were at the top combined. You really don't need to make it sound as if i'm getting away with something.
Turbine really ticks me off for making that allegiance window so bad. Patrons now show up as black so it doesn't appear that you have high-lighted them.
Do I think Panz should hit level 275 before me? Hell no! Did this cause me to break from him? Hell no! I would not have minded if I had caused him to pass me up. Would have I been upset if that had happened? Hell no!

ironhorse
Harvester
Harvester

Post by ironhorse » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:27 pm

iron horse II
lvl 220
total exp 65,114,350,436
patron urrasa
exp to patron 4,294,967,295
vassal decipher
exp from vassal 4,294,967,295

current exp

iron horse II
lvl 223
total exp 69,114,372,250
patron urrasa
exp to patron 4,294,967,295
vassal decipher
exp from vassal 4,294,967,295
Iron Horse I lvl 90 axe
Iron Horse II lvl 249 BM

Dude I got a dell
The world sucks, if not we'd all fall off

Og_Master_Master
Planter
Planter

Post by Og_Master_Master » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:42 pm

Name: Og Master Master
Level : 126 (19 mil to 127)
Total Xp: 4,433,004,010
Patron: Zagor Lord
Xp to Patron: 2,569,756,029
Vassal: CF
Vassal Xp: 2,437,714,660

Previous Week:

Name: og master master
Level : 125
Total Xp: 4,128,752,748
Patron: zagor lord
Xp to Patron: 2,367,101,497
Vassal: CF
Vassal Xp: 2,367,714,660
You give Town Crier Salvaged Jet (100)
Og Master Master says, "DOH!!!"

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:52 pm

AC, I realize that one of your goals is to make a lot of xp for yourself; I just hadn't realized that your game play was as self-centered as it is. Don't get me wrong, it's your right to play the game any way you want; that's what you pay your money for. I was just wrong in my impression is all.

I do know that you enjoy passing up xp. I remember you hunting consistently with BM when no one was, when he was the pusher for the chain. The xp you pass up, though, is passed up as a by-product of what you are already doing for yourself.

Your talk of having "way too much much xp head start" is a load of crap, or put more politely, pure arrogance talking. At the time of your breaking from Panzer, he was in his 230s and you were in your 240s if I remember correctly. At a little over a billion a level and with several people working it wouldn't have taken long at all to have fixed what you had broken IF YOU HAD SHOWN ANY REMORSE for breaking the chain. As it stands right now, he is 248 and the last I heard you are 257 (probably in your 260s now). Common decency usually says that if you break something, you try to fix it. You broke something, said that you did it on accident, and didn't even attempt to work on a fix. Why? Indications are that its because you are so single-focused on what YOU want and, hey, if you happen to break something along the way, that's just too bad. I never saw a greedy side to you before.

You said in your response,
If you all have a way to swear Select around me and still have a way for me to keep my rank.

It's nice(?) of you I suppose to say that you don't really need or want the xp coming in from the chain, even though you say that your racing to get to level 275. Last week Select hunted for a little over a billion, probably 600 or 700 million of that would have passed up to you. If you're so willing now to let xp go so easily, I don't understand why you weren't willing to stop hunting for a little bit while we got Panzer caught up to you.

The statement about passing up more xp than the last 10 people combined that were at the top of the chain is a dumb statement, unless there was some way to normalize the xp generated in the game, because you have been sitting in the top spot for a very long time, and back in the day 6 million an hour was the very best xp that could be made in the game, when Aerlinthe first released. Apples and Oranges.

AC, my intent isn't by any means to make it sounds as if you're getting away with something. Getting away with something would imply that you would be doing something sneaky and underhanded. Quite on the contrary, what you are doing is an "in your face" kind of action. Nothing sneaky about it.

You said,
Do I think Panz should hit level 275 before me? Hell no! Did this cause me to break from him? Hell no! I would not have minded if I had caused him to pass me up. Would have I been upset if that had happened? Hell no!
Do you say anywhere in there that you take responsibility for screwing up? No. Do you say anywhere in there that you are sorry for breaking from Panzer? No. Do you say anywhere in there that you wish that you HADN'T broken from Panzer? No. Every indication is that you are perfectly fine with things the way they are. Should Panzer be a higher level than you? No, I don't think so either. That's why only a portion of the hunted xp passes up. Should the monarch receive something for the time, money, and trouble it takes to maintain the servers and the people to keep a monarchy together? I absolutely think so.

You said,
Turbine really ticks me off for making that allegiance window so bad. Patrons now show up as black so it doesn't appear that you have high-lighted them.
I agree with you that I would prefer the names be high-lighted when the players are online, and that the names by high-lighted when you click on them. However, Turbine did build in pretty good safeguards against accidently breaking from a patron. When you click break, a separate dialog box pops up in the middle of the screen that says "Are you sure that you with to break from character_name" (it actuallys says "with" instead of "wish", I checked it today). Then, you have to select either Yes or No. So, even if you miss the character name in the list on the right hand side, the game pops it up in the middle of screen for you and asks for confirmation.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:34 am

Didn't even have to read much more. I read about 1/2 of that bs. I showed plenty of remorse that night when it happened. I read you wrong Oof. I will be leaving the clan as soon as you chain around me. Good bye!