Weekly status report for 11/04/2005...OK Keeb?

Last Dynasty Chain with a 150 million XP quota per week.
Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:18 am

AC, It was never my intent for you to leave the clan. My intent was for you to just do the right thing, before it was utterly and finally too late. The common courtesy to correct one's mistakes whenever possible was all that I had been calling for, at first privately, and then now publicly. I mean, when my kid was two and had broken something, it would have been "You broke it, you clean it up." I would have helped clean the mess certainly, just like we offered in this case, but my kid would have been part of the clean up effort, and not been allowed to just walk away with a casual "Sorry" uttered.

I doubt that you read me wrong AC. I've always been about the clan first, and me second. If you read anything else you need a new prescription for glasses. ;) If it had ever been about me I would never have taken on the role as chain manager in the first place, and I would have just been hunting for these past few years instead.

You have chosen to leave the clan, and it pains me to see that. If you calm down and decide to be mad at just me (and not the clan), and to stay with the clan, that will be fine. If you decide to still leave the clan, that will be fine too (clearly, since its each individual's choice whether to stay with us or go).

Chain orders will be posted a little later today.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:13 am

You are so absolutely out of reality Oof. If there was something to do for me to help the situation, I would have. I would have thought you knew me better than that.

So, you just wanted me to quit playing the game for a month or so? There was no way I would have been willing to do that. I have no other Characters to play and don't enjoy making a new character. Besides that, Panzerfaust has no right to make it to level 275 before me. I don't see how you can justify this way of thinking! You sound like a democrat that wants everything without working for it or doing some and expecting 4x more than the worth. This does not mean that I broke on purpose. I would have lived with that fact if I had passed him enough xp to pass me up. He would have diserved it for the fact that he has done a lot for this clan. I know what he has been doing with acstats and wanted to send him some money for keeping that site open. I just really don't trust the computer with that type of account information.

I did not have any vassals that would have been willing to leave me and swear to Panz. You are so out of line Oof and I really didn't see that comming from a person with you intelligence.

You don't think I do anything for the clan? You need to step back and look at all the things I end up doing for the clan, since I'm actually in game a lot. Hmmm, I wonder how many corpse recoveries I have actually done for that one character (don't want to mention names) that dies around 4-5 times before he asks for help! That is the tip of the iceberg. You never see me at any clan events because every single one I am aware of going on always happens on my week end to work.

You really need to appologize to me for your behavior. You have been so way out of line. When I typed that about my loyalty wishing it mattered, that was remorse and not sarcasm. YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY!

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:28 am

Bleh.

The only people I need to apologize to AC, is to the rest of the chain for essentially showing you favoritism this whole time, by allowing you to break the flow of xp up the chain, and by not doing anything about it. When you broke from Panzerfaust, you created a chain break, even if it was "only" from the monarch. If any other person in the chain had accidently broken from their patron, the break would have been correctly patched, and quickly, or the person would have been sworn around.

I'm way too tired to argue with you now, and it wouldn't do any good anyway because you haven't listened to anything since you broke.

I never wanted or asked you to quit playing for a month; to do so would have been unrealistic AND unneeded. I wasn't made a chain manager because I'm pretty. I undertand xp passup, fellowship sharing, math and the like probably better than anyone in the clan. With enough vassals, a well executed plan, and your cooperation, we could probably have had Panzer caught up to you in a good weekend. Your arrogance kept you from even listening to me, and has ultimately led to this.

BTW, I never said nor thought you do nothing for the clan. What I said is that in this particular situation your actions and gameplay have been completely self-centered. Big difference.

[Edited to correct a typo.]
Last edited by Oof on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:51 am

Just STFU and let me swear to someone else you freekin' complete idiot! Totally rude and there is no way i can have my name associated with yours anymore! Sorry I made a mistake but you really don't need to be a complete a..h... about it!

I will never speak to you again! :evil: :mad: :twisted: :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I need to swear to someone without you saying I broke the chain again. Anyone besides you! I never thought I would have this thinking about you but, maybe now i realize why all those people left the clan. Jamrahj was a good man and were you the reason he had to leave?

You have not been an asset to the clan for well over a year and your attitude really needs to be adjusted! Maybe it is that you should look at how little you contribute and stop being such a jerk.

Typing in allegiance council doesn't make you an asset. Nor does posting on the boards a bunch of times. You have no clue so give it up! Or in other words STFU!

You owe me an apology!

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:01 pm

AC, I was rude to you in my posts and I apologize for that. I was tired or rushed when I posted that last couple of things, and I would have done better to have waited until later to have written the posts. For being rude in the way that I said things, I apologize.

With all due respect, it doesn't change the underlying truth behind my posts (if you ignore the rudeness).

When you broke, if I remember right Panzer was in his 230s and you were in your 240s. The last time I heard your levels at the same time he was 248 and you were 257. So, without a concerted, organized, XP-Weekend-to-Catch-Panzer-Up campaign, the handful of vassals who were hunting along with Panzer's hunting were maintaing, or maybe even closing a little, the xp gap between the two of you.

With nine levels, at the last time I knew, between the two of you, the xp gap is probably what? 12 billion or so? maybe 15 billion? With eight vassals or so hunting plus Panzer, and with multiple copies of Path of the Blind, nine or ten levels could have gone really fast, IF you would have just paused for a bit and indicated a willingness to help fix the swearing problem. The fact that you kept saying that Panzer couldn't catch up and that you kept hunting as hard as you did and posting those big numbers only served to discourage anyone from trying to make that effort to catch him to you. Still, the gap kept from getting any wider, except for maybe the last week or so. I haven't checked lately to see what anyone's levels are.

Here's what I'm trying to say. Panzer currently has a handful of high level active vassals. We could have raised that number by a few more easily if we had advertised that a special effort was being made.

Say there were eight vassals. Say they were hunting in the different PotB fellows for an average of 200 million an hour and that Panzer was also hunting with them. A passup of 60% is really easy to get from vassals so use that as a baseline.

200 mill x 60% = 120 mil an hour
120 mil an hour passup x 8 vassals = 960 mil an hour
960 mil an hour from vassals + Panzer's 200 from hunting = 1.16 Bil/hr

We've never bothered to try to organize a massive pyramid chain scheme like that before because they don't work in the long run, but the person on top surely gets insane amounts of xp in a short time. It's been proven before in other clans.

The bottom line is that your break WAS very fixable but you refused to even consider fixing it. The whole situation frustrated me no end and I let it get the better of me. I apologize to you again for being rude in my posts. I should have tried harder to say what I wanted to say without being rude in the process.

As far as the rest of your post. Jamrahj is a good man, and he's a friend. We talk on the phone occasionally. He still has a bunch of characters sworn to me. Jamrahj didn't have to leave. :) He was pushing, helping Lyneaone to reach 126, and when she and some other left to start their own clan he left Jam with her as part of that effort (I think, he has many characters I can't remember which ones are on which accounts right now and don't have the time to log in and check. Either way, the characters are all the same person behind the keyboard, and we talk anytime both of us are ingame together anyway, so it doesn't matter which clan which particular character is logged into.)

I never said I'm an asset to this clan, only that I'm upset over the way this break situation has played out. My real life situation is such that I have been pretty much out of the game except for a few minutes here and there and then some early AM play time nearly every morning. The days of my playing for hours every night stopped a couple of years ago. I miss it, but that's the way life is sometimes. I can access the boards at work, but can't log into the game because of the firewall so I post when I can, and I play when I can.

You may be right about my attitude needing to be adjusted. I'll think about, and if I'm turning into a grumpy old man I'll step away from the game.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:36 pm

Chain orders for removing Select have been posted.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Todtstoy
Allegiance Council

Post by Todtstoy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:00 pm

I'll ask Ac to come back and read this.

tryin really hard not to laugh....

boys!!!
:shock:

y'all are rotten and were heading for time out!

/e hands out cookies and milk

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:19 am

I'm sorry too man but, I really truly didn't beleive there was any way for Panz to get 24 billion xp in a short period of time. There weren't enough people that new the dungeons to get awesome xp without some of that pass-up comming to me or me actually hunting with those fellows.

Illum, Keeb, Toy, Mune, Sweetii(sorry if i missed someone)......but I still would have been getting some of that xp. You need a rockin melee mage combo in POTB to get the xp you are speaking of and there is no way we could have found 8 vassals to do that. I asked you several times to come hunt with me in there so I could show you how to hunt for max xp and we never could hook up. I was willing to try just knew there was not a way.

I would love to be passing my xp to Panz and I even contacted an envoy to see if that was possible. He said it was not. I have total remorse for that break. Turbine really needs to make the patron and monarch a brighter color and if you click on them even brighter to indicate you have selected them.

Sorry about my rudeness as well! I was not trying to be that way. I just didn't see any solution to what I had done.

thunderblade
Allegiance Council

Post by thunderblade » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:29 pm

and who showed you the way in POTB ? :wink:
the name speaks for itself!!!
aka fu man ki level 210 BM
both proud vassals of panzerfaust!
ever need a can of whoop a$$ i,m always carrying a six pack!!!

smoke free as of 4-25-05

little bit of pain never hurt anybody !!!! muwahahahaha