On Leadership and Loyalty

Last Dynasty Chain with a 150 million XP quota per week.
Dave_Mustaine
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

On Leadership and Loyalty

Post by Dave_Mustaine » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:24 am

Back before I quit I used to be the master of these formulas, then they changed them...

So nowadays what's the formula for the ratio between Loyalty skill and % of hunted xp passed up. I know the range is like 25-90% but what level of skill brings that 90%.

Also, with leadership being nerfed is it even worth it to buff it? and how bad do we lose for not having it trained?

If my vassal hunts for 100m xp and has 50% passup, he'll passup 50m, how much of that will i actually receive? and which number is quota based on?

thanks chain masters :)
Dave Mustaine - 185 Archer
PK Council
Yavin - 90 Mage
U B O R - 39 UA
I am a trade mule - 85 TM

Dave_Mustaine
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Dave_Mustaine » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:32 am

comments?
PK Council
Yavin - 90 Mage
U B O R - 39 UA

Keebler
Allegiance Council

Post by Keebler » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:00 pm

I dont' think anyone knows the exact numbers, we still basically tell ppl to have their loyalty and leadership buffed to 200. With that you should get about 50% more or less. To get the 90% you must have maxed leadership and loyalty, and a quite a bit of time sworn to each other in real life time and in game time.

Keeb
Killing is my business, and business is GOOD!

Allegiance Council
Keebler@lastdynasty.net

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:36 pm

There is no easy math formula. The bonuses are nowhere near what they used to be. Bonuses for vassals are set by sowrn time and in game time. We do know that very little passes through. Oof and I ran a bunch of tests (as well as others) and we estimate about 10% of pass up passes through.

So leadership just allows you to pull more from the pool. But, we're not sure.

I have read many, many posts in the past on this and no ones is sure. They have come up with some complex equations, but they are complete conjecture.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:30 am

Dave, I'm pretty sure that I remember hearing that in order to get the full 90% pass up from a vassal one of the things that is required is something like 30 days of in-game sworn time. That's in-game time, not RL time. I think the RL time sworn was something like 6 months of elapsed calendar time. It takes almost no time at all to be passing up 60% of your hunted xp, but to get from 60% all of the way to 90% appears to be really rough.

Like Panzer said though, no one seems to be sure, except for maybe a couple of Turbine engineers somewhere.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Dave_Mustaine
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Dave_Mustaine » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:01 am

okay let me ask this then. Stephlon is my patron. Is my quota passing up 100 million to stephlon, or stephlon receiving 100 million, assuming those two efforts are different due to his leadership...
PK Council
Yavin - 90 Mage
U B O R - 39 UA

kerosene
Allegiance Council

Post by kerosene » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:20 am

Quota is you sending 100 Million up.
[url=http://www.lastdynasty.net/ldstats/inde ... 1342774838]Kerosene[/url]
[url=http://www.lastdynasty.net/ldstats/inde ... 1342942392]Illumination[/url]
Member of The Allegiance Council

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:02 am

Aye, what Kerosene said, and it's a good thing too; otherwise, we'd have vassals screaming at patrons "You'd better train leadership and keep it buffed at all times you punk, you're making me work too hard!" Currently, we don't make anyone train leadership. Since the passTHROUGH rate of xp is so low by design now, almost nothing gotten from a vassal passes through a patron up to the grandpatron anyway, so if a patron chooses not to train leadership the end result is really that only the patron will feel the pinch of those billions of xp lost over time.

Me personally (my 2 pyreals worth for any chainers who might not have leadership trained), I would unspec war or something if I had to before I would skip training leadership. The difference between pulling 15% - 20% (or whatever) and pulling 60+% on 100+ Million a week or xp adds up to a TON of xp over a short period of time, and training leadership is the only way to get that extra xp from your vassal. /* leadership tutorial off :)
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Dave_Mustaine
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Dave_Mustaine » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:57 am

When ToD comes out, all us 126'ers will get some more skill credits. I'm getting four. I've got missle d which is useless, I was gonna take that 6 and the four im getting to spec melee d... but now im thinking of training leadership with that and going back to LP.
PK Council
Yavin - 90 Mage
U B O R - 39 UA

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:45 am

My thoughts are that that's a pretty good move, plus one that can easily be undone should you change your mind.

My suggestion would be to write down how much xp you're receiving now on a weekly basis. Then, after the expansion pack releases, train leadership and check it again for a couple of weeks. I don't know if there is any kind of time penalty for leadership like there is for taking on a new vassal but I wouldn't think that there is.

There is no guarantee that Turbine won't mess with the allegiance passup as part of the expansion pack of course, but they haven't mentioned anything about that yet to my knowledge. Right now, leadership makes a big difference on how much you receive from your vassals.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Dave_Mustaine
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Dave_Mustaine » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:50 pm

Your base Leadership skill is now 170!

I can already tell its gonna have an impact.
PK Council
Yavin - 90 Mage
U B O R - 39 UA

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:14 pm

Cool. :)
Oof@lastdynasty.net