Hola Fellas (Wondering about an Xp Pyramid)

Last Dynasty Chain with a 150 million XP quota per week.
Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Hola Fellas (Wondering about an Xp Pyramid)

Post by Heatmiser » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:08 pm

I was thinking about putting together a low key but high output xp pyramid. Perhaps no more than 4 or 5 guys to keep the rotation time low. I've been thinking of this for awhile now, and I'd like to give it a shot.

Figured I'd ask here first, since I know there's some trustworthy dependable earners here.

I'm thinking it will basically work like this:

Four or five guys swear to one player.
Rotate to a new leader every week.

Everyone has to make at least 100million passup each week.
The top can take that week off if he wishes, since he's not really passing to anyone. That kind of gives you a break. (Or you can earn like you always do.)

Any more than 5 people would make the rotation time too long methinks.
But this could be a nice little project for a handful of good earners.

If you're interested, let me know.
Oh, you'll have to be 126+ for this.

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:43 pm

We have tested and retested to the point of saying "fuggitaboutit" :)

Each person will have one week on and four weeks off with five people. Let's just say they pass up 100 mill. That's the same net xp for five weeks in a linear with 100 mill pass up. On top of that the leadership is disolved and each person will have to make 200 mill or so, instead of the 130 ish they make now to make quota.

I think the pyramid idea is good for short term power leveling, but I think the old fashion linear style is where the long term xp is.

We hammered this to death before the changes came about. Several of us tested inputs and outputs for weeks with pretty much the same result.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:35 am

You can run some numbers both ways Heatmiser, but I really do think that in the long run a linear chain will still make more xp. I did just a quick and dirty math check in my head. See if this tracks right with you.

I based my mental math on a couple of assumptions, for the sake of simplicity.

1) The passup rate is 50% (I know more is easily attainable, but a linear chain will always yield a higher passup rate because of the longer swear times).

2) The rotation is based on five people: One at the top, and four pushing. The top will rotate each week (in keeping with your scenario) and will be one of the pushers for four weeks until rotating to the top again. Therefore, a complete rotation would take five weeks.

3) To make the math easy, I assumed the hunters would make exactly 100 million a week in hunted xp.

ROTATION CHAIN:
Toon A: Gets 50% of the hunted xp during the week on top. 50% times 4 toons hunting for 100 million = 50% of 400 million, or 200 million xp passed up in the first week. Toon A gets nothing from the chain during the next four weeks while in a pusher position at the bottom of the pyramid.

Total rotation chain xp in five weeks: 200 million xp.

LINEAR CHAIN:
Toon A: Gets 50% of the hunted xp from his/her one chain vassal for each of the five weeks in the test case. 50% times 5 weeks of the vassal hunting for 100 million per week = 50% of 500 million, or 250 million xp passed up over the course of five weeks.

Total linear chain xp in five weeks: 250 million xp.

Keep in mind that I used hunted xp in the numbers, not passed-up-for-quota xp. If I had used quota xp like our chains are based on the difference between the numbers would be even bigger.

Do you see any flaw in my logic? The only problem I see with the linear chain is keeping a pusher active at the bottom, but we've always been consistent with that.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:43 pm

Alrighty. Thought I'd ask here first since this is where all my old homies hang out! :)

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:43 pm

Don't say alrighty, you goof, check my math! :P

As best as I can tell the math doesn't work out, but if you can show my otherwise, I say that we check it out right away. If linear works out the best, I say you swear to me and...

go make me some xp!
Oof@lastdynasty.net

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:26 am

I want to try this for one week and me being at the top of the pyramid )

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:53 am

Ok Ac, but you'll need to swear to me in the meantime while I start working (slowwwwly) on getting it all set up, alright?
Oof@lastdynasty.net

acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

Post by acaddict » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am

Ok, take me off the list then )

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:25 am

Grrr, you're ON my list now, buddy! :twisted: hehe