VOD Monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tips and Tricks to Surviving on Dereth.
acaddict
Farmer
Farmer

VOD Monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by acaddict » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:03 am

OK, here is the scoop on killing vod monkey.

You either need an archer or a mage to trap the monkey (you only need one tree this way). Archers and mages don't move while they are firing (as in, they don't chase the critter). The other melee person or people should be on the opposite side of the mage unless they are a missle character.

The reason the other characters need to be on the other side of the mage from the trap is that the mage hits so much harder with a walled fire spell if they are. The poor mage hits all the melee first if in line with the critter from that wall spell. This includes non-pk characters. The mage gets a message that they failed to land on the target cuz they are not player killers! Or if the mage is a player killer and non of the others are it states the reverse!

What I'm trying to say is that all melee have to be on the opposite side from the mage and still need to keep the monkey trapped. In the case of a missle character, they can stand side by side with the mage and they almost have to otherwise they will drag the critter away from the trap (unless they trap the back side as well). There is a certain distance the mage has to be away from a critter for the wall spell to work!

I'm not saying he won't be killed without this method. I'm saying he will be killed way faster this way.

Nauscicaa
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Nauscicaa » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:13 am

Trap him?

Take him on like a man!

Face to face! And let him try to hit ya!
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to.
So that when they turn their backs on you.
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

Fiction
Harvester
Harvester
Location: ....AHHHHH!... Where the HELL AM I!? Have you seen my mommy?

Post by Fiction » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:33 pm

Or be a melee... with high magic... fight him face to face and dont get docked for the traping.... like me :D
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/fictionsig.jpg[/img]
:boink: If idiots could fly, my house would be an airport! :boink:
"Zhug Frugal" -Coji
"OMG! WHY ARE YOU BUFFING IN HERE!" -Annonymous
"I'm buffing cause there are golems down there." - Coji