A Pirate's Guide to Aphus Lassel

Tips and Tricks to Surviving on Dereth.
Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

A Pirate's Guide to Aphus Lassel

Post by Heatmiser » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:33 pm

*Yo-Ho-Ho and a bottle of rum! 18 Tuskers on a dead man's chest!*
Arrrr! Avast me hardys! Cap'n Heatmiser here with a guide to the reedshark infested waters and Islands of the Iron Coast! I write this advice with high lvl pirates like myself in mind in hopes of making your adventures more productive.

Here are some of the best places for you scurvy dogs to pillage!

Tusker Pits: 1.3n 91.8e (45+)
Not the greatest xp for hunting but a nice place to drop in and pick up a tusk on your way to the better dungeons. Silver Tuskers galore! If you do hunt here, the xp will be 4-5million per hr. The dungeon is perhaps the largest of all the "Tusk Dungeons" and has several flood rooms on multiple lvls. There The tusk here is a "fixed xp" tusk worth 500k and is the highest "fixed xp" tusk. Fixed xp tusks will actually pass-up xp to your patron. The tusks from the dungeons above this one are "percentage tusks" and DO NOT pass-up xp. Stop through every now and then and grab this tusk. You'll be in and out in under 5mins, and when you are done hunting for the day, recall AL, turn it in, and pick up a quick 500k before you log. ARRRRRRRRR!

Tusker Tunnels: 0.3n 86.4e (70+)
7-10million/hr in a fellowship here even after the xp nerf. Chock full o' Plated Tuskers. Usually not as crowded as before. The east and west corridors of the 1st lvl are good camping spots. The 2nd lvl or "The Horse Shoe" as its known has two good flood rooms. One east and one west. (East Horse and West Horse) The 3rd lvl down is known as "The Circle" by regulars and has three smaller flood rooms that feed into a circular hallway just before the final room. The final room or "Tusk Room" is a huge flood room where the tusk is dropped. Hug the walls to avoid the various debuff traps. The last trap before the final room can be avoided by stopping just before the entrance to the room and jumping through the entrance. This will get you in the tusk room without setting off the trap. The tusk here is a "percentage tusk" and WILL NOT pass-up xp. In fact, if you are 126+, the Silver Tusk is actually worth more than this one. ARRRRRRR!

Plated Rifts: 1.0s 85.8e (75+)
A 3 or 4 man fellow can pull 6-9million/hr in relative peace and solitude. Nice place to go if you want to battle some Plated Monkeys but don't like the crowds. Its not a tusk dungeons so most landlovers steer clear. Sometimes even pirates need some time alone. The plated tuskers are on the bottom two lvls. ARRRRRR!

Tusker Honeycombs: 1.3s 86.9e (80+)
9-12million/hr in a fellowship here. Assailers as far as the eye can see. (Until you kill them all, that is. But don't worry, in a few minutes they'll be more!) The first room around the 1st ramp is a nice camping spot. In fact, the way the spawn points are layed out in this dungeon, anywhere around any ramp is a good spot. Tusk here is a "percentage tusk" and DOES NOT pass-up xp. ARRRRRR!

Tusker Lacuna: 9.9s 90.7e (100+)
15-28million/hr in a fellowship here. Devastators fore to aft. Baning for bludgeon is recommended even for melees. Don't forget to bane your helmet, they like to hit you in the head! The drop is hot and isn't a bad place to camp. the ramps off the main room on the 2nd lvl are good places for fellows to work. The third lvl splits off in two directions and ramps here are also good fighting points. Tusk here is a "percentage tusk" and DOES NOT pass-up, but can be worth King's ransom of xp if you're under 126. ARRRRRRRR!

Tusker Gaunlet: 10.0 s 86.5e (100+)
20-??million/hr if you are in a strong enough fellow to stay alive. This dungeon swallows the hardiest of pirates and spits them out at the lifestone. Traps galore, and scurvy Tusker Sychophants too! Not a tusk dungeon and it's so dangerous inside, it's rarely visited by anyone but the most insane buccaneers on the Iron Coast. With Devastators at 126k per kill its definately worth your time if you have the crew. If not, its a long walk off a short plank! ARRRRRRRR!

Here's a pirate's treasure map of the Iron Coast to guide you:
http://ac.warcry.com/viewimg.php?atlas/maps/aphus.jpg

May the wind always be in your sails and perhaps our paths will cross one day on the Iron Coast! ARR*hack* *cough* RRRRRR!
Last edited by Heatmiser on Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Town Crier
Allegiance Council

Post by Town Crier » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:11 pm

Nice job on the write up! Many props.

I would add that the Dev Tusk is still worth over 1mil to a 126+... so it is worth picking it up while helping others get theirs!

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:18 pm

Added a map of Aphus Lassel for your veiwing pleasure. :)

anewdamnname
Gardener
Gardener

Post by anewdamnname » Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:40 am

awsome write up
just the information i was looking for

thanks [your so cool]

ok now lets get into fellowship and go hit the gauntlet lol

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:45 pm

Yar!
I be up for a run to through the Gauntlet me buckoes!
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:16 am

I've yet to run across a crew that could hold down the Guantlet for any real amount of time. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Aiwendil
Planter
Planter

Post by Aiwendil » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:58 am

I didnt know you were a pirate, heatmiser :o
Aiwendil® ∞∞∞∞ Lvl 122 Swordsman
Olo'rin ---->:duel:

Coji
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Coji » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:57 pm

do people ever fight in fellows at the guantlet?
You wasted life, why don't you waste the afterlife?

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:24 pm

I'd like to get one going, just to see how much we could make.

...Oh yeah..

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR~!!

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:34 pm

Bump for some good info.
I had forgotten about this and was looking for some info on AL.

It was kind of odd to run across my own write up to answer my question!
lol :)

Compadre
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Compadre » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:08 pm

gauntlet does NOT have annihilators.. never did, don't know where you got that info. In a good fellow there You can do 28-30m tops. I'm very familiar w/ it. At the bottom there's a good spot for 2 or 3 people where they can do 22-25m without much worry of death.
IG as the following personalities;
Ray Liotta - 230's Melee War Ua (DT)
Steve Jobs - 210's Grief War (DT, sold)
Compadre - 200's Grief War (VT, sold)
Asian School Girl - 160's Tank Sword (VT, retired)
Compadre - 200's Grief Tank Life UA (sold)

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:11 pm

It had been awhile since I'd been in there when I wrote that.
Coulda sworn I fought em in there. I'll take your word for it though.

Heatmiser
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Heatmiser » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:24 pm

Bump for this, as I often come back to reference this especially to look at the map link.