*Dusts off board* Where should I hunt my 65 mage?

Tips and Tricks to Surviving on Dereth.
Dave_Mustaine
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

*Dusts off board* Where should I hunt my 65 mage?

Post by Dave_Mustaine » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:27 am

He's war/creature spec with decent armor no melee d. I've been blasting away at tuskers on AL for a while and, while its great for xp, not so much on the fun side.

I was wondering what outdoor setting he would be able to handle. He's casting war/creature 7's and fizzling his life/item 7s (aka hes on life/item 6's)

I was thinking maybe Dires around teth... or OP like around Incolnation cells, or possibly around Ayan. But on the creature distribution map it says 80+ for these areas.

Mages any advice? Dave M was 65 soooooooo ungodly long ago the game was 150% different so my experience doesn't help.
Dave Mustaine - 185 Archer
PK Council
Yavin - 90 Mage
U B O R - 39 UA
I am a trade mule - 85 TM

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:17 pm

Unless things have changed, you probably don't want to do OP, most fo the stuff out there is over 110, and they changed the levels to be more accurate on critters.

I'd suggest around teth, or even up around the northern mountains in the forested area..

There was once a map posted with the suggested levels in each area.. anyone hve that handy?
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Dave_Mustaine
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Dave_Mustaine » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:05 am

I have that map. It basically says Direlands away from OP. So I think I'll try around teth.

Last night I spent the evening on Marae Lassel. Got Yavin his first Evisc. pincer and hunted up in the north for a while. It was really my first time "open field hunting" with him so I had to see what he could handle. Basically I realized that he can take critters in the level 90-110 region with struggle, 70-90 region effortless.

Tonight I'mma take him to Teth :)
PK Council
Yavin - 90 Mage
U B O R - 39 UA

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:46 pm

gl with that :)

let me know how it goes.
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:10 pm

Olthoi Arcade is probably still pretty decent at the bottom. But those bugs can punch some hefty holes in you.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:52 am

The levels of a recommended zone don't mean that much really. It's based on averages, more or less. If you've focused most of your xp into your primary attack you can pretty much trash the map if you know how to handle yourself and use the terrain to your advantage.

Open field hunting is great! Not terribly productive XP wise, but it really lets you hone your skills and push your limits. After a while, it makes hunting static spawns almost remedial.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Dave_Mustaine
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Dave_Mustaine » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:36 am

Thanks guys...

As I said I spent the night hunting around teth. Eventually I got pulled into that General Garsh quest thingy and he kept owning my face off lol.

But other than that it was pretty effective, I got to practice my vitals management and what-not. It's fun to be terrified of those classic low level monsters that used to make DM cry...like Diamond golems and destroyer greivvers.

XP was total weaksauce, 3.5m/hr and the loot was downright bad. So overall it was a mixed experience.
PK Council
Yavin - 90 Mage
U B O R - 39 UA

Ashida Kim
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Ashida Kim » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:43 pm

Typically outdoor hunting with the exception of places like Caul and VoD will net you less exp than indoors, but it is a nice change of pace. If you can land on Vapors and can drop wisps fast, the wisp igloo near the temple of forgetfullness is a good place to hunt. You can also try the sclavus temple, as it is full of sclavus lords. With a frost rend you should be able to do ok there. You might also look outside Candeth Keep, Slaughterhouse, S dires drop from Mayoi, maybe even Lethe, though that may be a bit much as of yet. Also, if you can drop moarsmen really easy, there is a great place on the island where you go for the noble gem and your level 7 salvaging spells. It is around the back side of the island, somewhat opposite from the cathedral and there are TONS of them there.
-May the road to the stars take you beyond your dreams

Robin's Hood - Level 11x Xbow/Tradesmule
Divinatrix - Level 17x Melee Mage
The Sullen Soldier - Level 17x Spear/Tinker