Subscription lapse

Last Dynasty Chain with a 6 million XP quota per week.
Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Subscription lapse

Post by Ncatyl » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:04 pm

I let my sub lapse. I haven't been inclined to renew it, but I haven't necessarily committed to quitting. Unfortunately however, I'm not really feeling any desire to play.

I'm fairly certain I met quota for this week. My patrons' stats will show whether or not I did.

I'll try to decide by next friday whether or not to renew. At that time I will post my stats accordingly or request removal, as appropriate.

Thanks in advance for understanding.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:06 am

I sometimes think what I would do if my CC expired -- Then I realize it expires in late 2008. So, I log in naked at the bottom of egg orchard, then hand in some claws to get rid of my naked vitae :)
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:01 am

Ncatyl. . .you of course have enough xp for a holiday and I appreciate you letting us know what's happening.

I do hope you come back. We do not always see eye to eye on the chain but I still respect you as a clan member. Whether you chose the chain or just want to be in the clan, you are valued.

Enjoy the holiday! :)
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Scorcha Wench - baby magette
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

Allegiance Council Member
laseirna@lastdynasty.net

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:07 pm

It's not chain issues. It doesn't matter that we don't see eye-to-eye. I just like being able to influence decisions at some level. I can tell you that I really didn't like Keeb coming in and thumping the policy bible at me when half of them aren't enforced regularly, or even consistently, but that hasn't affected my state of disillusionment beyond by adding to it. Make no mistake though, that wasn't the straw that broke me.

What it really boils down to is this;

I don't have any goals in game. I've explored almost every landblock and dungeon there is. I know exactly what my abilities and my limitations are for all three PCs, and I know what they need to be in order for me to find new ground to grind on. Everything is too predictable, the game has devloved to a hampster wheel for me, and one I can't see further point in running on.

My friends list is mostly empty, and I can't be arsed with the time to build new and meaningful relationships, heck, I wouldn't have the time even if it were my desire. Those folks I grew with in game are long gone.

I've got all the majors I need to maximize my effectiveness pVm and pVp isn't my bag...not in this game. The story line is (has been) crap, there's lack of player influence and events aren't staged in accordance with the lore, even then it doesn't matter what your decision is/was since the server will evolve only as the Devs intend. SC/LC/MT/VT/DS/DT...all the same. Doesn't matter what you do, the world doesn't change, the story doesn't evolve according to player influence.

Add in that I have no equipment needs, nothing to strive for besides a larger hoard than I have (which does me no good) and things become pretty flimsy in terms of retaining my interest.

Now, if I can find a reason or purpose, then I could find value for my subscription. However, that value or purpose wouldn't be anything the monarchy could bestow on me. I've got some great characters and a wealth of I/G knowledge, but no place to apply them or it in a manner that marks.

Okay, that's where I am today. I'll re-sub for a month to at least consolidate my belongings, but I can't promise anything in terms of my play habits beyond guaranteeing I'll be muling alot at least one evening this month.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Keebler
Allegiance Council

Post by Keebler » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:45 pm

I know exactly what your talking about. One of the things I have done, was created a toon that no one, not even panzer himself knows the name of. I have been working on him the old way, no bots, no help. I turned the /cg /ct /lfg chat left the allegiance chat on to talk to ppl from time to time.

Everything on that toon is something that he has looted. Although I have more then enough for him to be a good toon, he has not received 1 bit of help. Not 1 buff on him as of yet. It is a little slower going but I am finding it much more of a challenge. I am hunting many of the old places which is kind of nice to see they are still there. I did make an UA char since that is the type of toon I like best. But he has not used any weapons that he has not looted. I will continue to hunt this char off and on, he will never use a bot, never have tinked armor, never have imbued weapons.

Keeb
Killing is my business, and business is GOOD!

Allegiance Council
Keebler@lastdynasty.net