Information please (broken links and whatnot)

Last Dynasty Chain with a 6 million XP quota per week.
Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Information please (broken links and whatnot)

Post by Ncatyl » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:32 pm

-Link to the 6M CoC takes you to forum main menu.

-Link to ACstats page is broken or page is unavailable.

-No info available on required loyalty/leadership/base to passup comparison (IE. with what loyalty/leader/XP earned do I need to passup 6M).

I'm interested, but there's just not enough info. I play casually and I play 3 characters. I need to know what I need to do, by the numbers if you please?

Note: "Sign up and hunt!!!1!!@!@!!" isn't an answer. I got hosed by the old "casual" chain (it weren't that casual as I recall) and wound up a "pusher". I'm not looking to repeat the experience. My patron has long since unsubscribed and I don't work for nothing. Show me the numbers so I may make an informed decision please?

Thanks!!
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:42 pm

Oof will have to help with numbers but as a CC member myself (soon to be back in I hope!), I have found the actual hunting isn't that much. Blue Orchid (my toon) is in the low 100's and it takes very little time to pass. If we talk 25% passup. . .which is a figure I've heard bandied about, I'm ASSUMING I have to make about 24 million a week. I'm not sure if that's correct or not but it's the assumption I've made and I am in the clear most of the time. I think it's less than that in reality. With the lack of passup from grand-vassals, you won't see a lot of xp however. I don't get more than what Uoe hunts but I'm happy there since I'm a pretty casual player myself.

I don't know what happened in the past but this is a very mellow chain now. If you want a lot of xp, then this isn't the chain for you, in all honesty - the 20 million chain might be more your speed. If you want 6 million a week (assuming you are not below Uoe) you will be happy.

Edit: ACStats page is working when I checked it. http://www.lastdynasty.net/ldstats/inde ... egmentID=1
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Scorcha Wench - baby magette
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

Allegiance Council Member
laseirna@lastdynasty.net

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:21 am

Hmm, guess the site was actually temporarily unavailable. Wonders never cease. ;)

Not after a huge amount of xp. Just looking to supplement my hunting a bit more. I'm very serious about meeting my obligations, but I'm not as serious about playing as I used to be (after going on 4 years on SC, it's no wonder). So I think that the 6M chain would be good enough for me to get used to the idea. Since Turbine decided to pander to much higher levels in the expansion, I figure I may as well bite the bullet.

Oh the casual chain was good enough for a while, but it stagnated below 126 about 6 mos prior to the nerf. At the end, being level 107, I was netting about 2.5m per week on average from the chain. I had ONE vassal that was exceeding chain contributions by 3-5 times, & I was passing up about 10X what the chain brought in, so I realigned with my old patron Cameloo Yao and we stitched us up a lateral chain. Basically, I prefer at least a matching return on my investments.

I'll wait for Oof to drop shoot some info my way. That way I can consider what skills I need to drop in order to make the cut.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Town Crier
Allegiance Council

Post by Town Crier » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:06 pm

I dont think the 6 mill is what you want. I would recommend the 20mil. We are planning on making some improvements to this chain, but you should be able to make the quota with no problem.
Town Crier, 200+ Mage/Tinker of Items
Mad Summoner, 200+ Tinker Of Weapons and Armor and Magic Items
Fungus Amongus, 100+ Alchy/Cook

TownCrier@lastdynasty.net

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:16 am

You're right. This may not be what I want. Not being made to feel welcome, and no numbers to help me understand my obligation or expectations. Heck no, I don't want that. Used to we had to check the chain board daily. Even in the old CC. Did that change or is Oof being inattentive or ignoring my request for assistance?

I don't think the 20M chain is what I'm after either, see, I've played long enough to know what my capabilities are. I don't fellow much. I've done enough XP grinding in my 4 years already. Fulltime life and occasional gamer, I know what I can deliver in my alloted time. However, since the changes I can't calculate whether that will meet the obligation incurred. That's why I asked for help with numbers. That is part of the reqs right? The numbers?

Hence my wanting someone to help me understand how my numbers would pan out. I was just looking to supplement my intake in a way that matched my playstyle. Thanks for being so accomodating. I'm not impressed by being dissuaded from joining. I appreciate the concern for what you think my preferences are, but I'm a big enough boy to know what I want.

These aren't exactly the types of replies I expected. I don't assume to know what YOU want or why you're in the 6M chain, why are you doing this to me?

Now, can I have some *real* help please?

thx
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:39 am

I posted a reply in the other thread on this. I'm sorry you aren't feeling welcome as I know that isn't the intent. Oof is busy lately and not around the boards as much I believe but hopefully he or someone else gives you the figures you need.

At level 107, you would be my patron and I am careful about meeting my obligations to the chain and even surpassing them once in a while ;) Good luck with your decision!
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Scorcha Wench - baby magette
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

laseirna@lastdynasty.net