What do you think?

Clan Quest Discussion Forum.
Panzerfaust
Monarch

What do you think?

Post by Panzerfaust » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:32 pm

You think as a clan, we can complete every quest on the server? Dunno about a time frame.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

YenMei
Farmer
Farmer

Post by YenMei » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:48 pm

Sounds like fun, and a worthy aim for our talents and energy :D

What sort of order were you thinking of doing them in?
  • Age of quest - start with the old ones and work through them in patch order 8)
    Required level - run through as many as possible with one character :evil:
    Geographical - start at the top and work your way down :shock:
    Stick a pin in a list - totally random
Would you be including all the newbie quests in that? And all different levels of G-man, olthoi armour etc.?
I should have stayed in hibernation for at least another month.

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:24 pm

I would suggest we run the quests that can help lower end toons, ie the ones you would call hi value added. Focus Stone, Refugnent braclet, Dark Essence Braclet (what ever the name), Energy Crystal, (you would have to add the melee ones)

I would like to see a common quest of the (week or somethin) that is run at time the meet our world community's different time zones.

Reality may dictate that the quests are run as enough partipation is gathered. We need to get the information out that people sholud read the boards and place thier request.

Sure would be nice to be known as the best clan for having quests.
A Friend to ALL and A Friend in Deed!

Roogon
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Roogon » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:14 pm

Umm.. Do we have list of all the quest to serve as our " Master List " to check off from? :?

And again .. I do agree .. sounds interesting and fun :!:
(Swords)
Roogon .. Roogon II ..
(Mages)
Eyedea .. Roogon X and XXX and VIII
.. all of Solclaim

Roogon
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Roogon » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:16 pm

And I was just reading what Blue said .. Hmmm.. Sounds like something that would get clan members to read the forums .. if we had an event like this going on.
(Swords)
Roogon .. Roogon II ..
(Mages)
.. all of Solclaim

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:04 pm

Do all 278 quests in 1 day?! :shock:
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:11 pm

Does anyone have a list of all of the quests the can be run? I've seen a couple of lists before, either here on on CoD or somewhere; however, I'm not sure how current any are.

I think now is a great time to start organizing something like this, and am very willing to help learn, run, and/or support any quests that people want run (time permitting of course ;) ).

I also agree that Blue's suggestion of having a specific quest be the Featured Quest of the Week is a great. Pick something and try to have people available to run it several times throughout the day.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Roogon
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Roogon » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:12 am

OK .. Now here is a management question for you (Panz or Oof..) .. Is there a way on the web site here that we can post the "list" with the "results" as we work our way through the quest? :?: This will give the folk a point of reference along with seeing our progress.
(Swords)
Roogon .. Roogon II ..
(Mages)
.. all of Solclaim

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:14 am

Whew! Good thing I'm not management. I just help with the chain thing, and may be facing a forced retirement from that! (based on whatever Turbine does).

I think a page similar to what we used to have for the write-ups would be great. Just a simple looking Web page that lists the quest, and having each quest link be live to a "Results", "Status", or whatever, showing where we stand on completing the quest.

Of course, I also think we should communicate to Maggie's and/or CoD our intention of completing every quest as a clan, along with a link to our page. You never know, we might get a lot of new volunteers/members in Last Dynasty after the game becomes available for download again. :D
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Cymry
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Cymry » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:48 am

This would be cool, if you could work out the logistics of it. Another question, though: would this be a one-time thing, or would you make it like an annual or seasonal quest-fest? I guess it would depend on the time involved and all, but it might be good to do it periodically (if it all works out with the first one) for new members.
You can't scare me, I teach 4-year olds!!

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:08 pm

Maggies has the best list i've seen so far

http://www.thejackcat.com/ac
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:32 pm

What we (I) are trying to achieve is a cultural shift enhancment. This would not be a one time but an on going evoultion of questing. Two of my goals are:

1. Ensure that anyone desiring to complete any quest in the game is given adequate suppport to complet the quest. Depending on the difficulty, time length, leader availability ect. it may take time to fulfill all requests. (tho have not seen many yet, hopefully that will change)

2. Many of us in the clan have our own little families within the clan and I would like to see us come more together more often as a clan. To seek out and help those that need it the most. I am blessed with much support and friends, but others are sometimes left on the outside and dont feel comfortable and or asking for hunting partners, how to obtain items they NEED. Everyone wants the Uber Majors, I refer to first of all the basic needs which would include Decent weapon(s), armor and companions to do what they consider fun in the game. In that light I volenteered to see if I could help with those that find questing part of thier definiton of FUN.

This would also help prepare our clan if the vison I hope for, being that Turbine gets the game to a point to where new people join the game and there are real litttle people that could use the help of a great clan like ours.

Ian Mac
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ian Mac » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:15 am

I liked the idea, when it was brought up last time. I think it's very doable. We should have a master list, and one by one check them off. Then have a gallery created so we can post pics of the final result.
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen from a bough, having never felt sorry for itself."

Ian Mac Lvl 192 Tank Bow
Tristan Mac Lvl 82 Sword
Alchy Mac Lvl 77 Cook/Alchemist
Meagan Mac Lvl 82 Tank UA

Roogon
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Roogon » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:22 am

Heya Panz ..

Anything new on this subject :?: I know we are all busy with our real lives .. but I feel this subject could bring some life back into our group.

Another suggestion (maybe already stated) .. If we could agree on a regular time each week to do the <name it> quest, we could get into a routine for folk to meet.

(Swords)
Roogon .. Roogon II ..
(Mages)
.. all of Solclaim

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:44 pm

A regular time(s) (dotnforget we have many time zones to consider) to have a quest is an Excellent Idea and should be pussued.
Some commnets:

1. To say regualr time for a given quest must consider how many need and how many will participate.

2. A given quest time and and date could have a varied quest each time.

3. We need to find a way to get people to come to this board and post so we can plan and have some idea as to which quests are needed.

4. If no needed the run quests that can train others to know how to run the quet.

5. In the sam light I would propose that we have a waste the monsters quest, with the the inetent of haveing fun, getting salvage and loot, and giving those on the quest who can best use an item, *wheather they are the one that loots) the opretunity to have the quest.

6. Make up our own quests, with prizes to the winner, especilly to provide tinkered armor and weapons ect to those in need,

We need to find a way to get the clan as whole involved. In that vain we know who we have that is actually activa and would participate.

A side thought is that we maybe we even post on the Vault and inviet others to join us, just a though.