A QUEEN FOR PFT: Queen's Quest Friday night...

Clan Quest Discussion Forum.
Lyneaone
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

A QUEEN FOR PFT: Queen's Quest Friday night...

Post by Lyneaone » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:55 pm

Need some bell droppers and some good folks to go along to help PFT get his Queen! Friday the 30th.

We'll start around 8:00 EST from the mansion. If you can help and or go along please post here.

Saphyria
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Saphyria » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:24 pm

What level do you need to be?

I'd like to tag along :)

Lyneaone
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Lyneaone » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:33 pm

You only need to be Levels 35+ to drop the bells, but ya gotta be 70 to enter the hive... So if you aren't big enough to tag along to the hive, we can still use droppers. :)

Thanks

Saphyria
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Saphyria » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:03 am

If I spend some more time at the sclavus dungeon, I just might be by Friday :)

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:19 am

Sorry - 8:00pm EST is impossible for me. That's 2:00am here and the QQ lasts at least 4-5 hours including the waiting time between the bell drops....

Saphyria - I do not want to burst any bubbles - but depending on your template if you are just reaching level 70 before starting the quest you might as well issue a few /permit commands in advance, especially if the group does the "all jump down and kill the surrounding spawn" approach in the Queen Room. The Swarm Guardians and Brood Nobles down there will not even chew you before swallowing you :twisted:
If the group does "all stay up on the edge and heal the Slayer" the toughest bugs to face are Evis (if I remember correctly - its been a while).
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Keebler
Allegiance Council

Post by Keebler » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:45 am

The time it takes to do the quest has shortened quite a bit, with a good leader and group it can prolly be done in about 2 hours. The spraying use to take the longest time but they rate has increased. If I am on I should be available to help.

Keebler I
Killing is my business, and business is GOOD!

Allegiance Council
Keebler@lastdynasty.net

Sassy
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Sassy » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:25 pm

I'll be glad to help! :D
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/sassysig.jpg[/img]

Work like you don't need the money, love
like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody's watching."

taviarii
Gardener
Gardener

Post by taviarii » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:48 pm

For P F T huh? well I guess I'll come and help you guys stay alive (lyn and sassy) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/tavsig.jpg[/img]
Life is too good to waste :biohazard: :band:

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:22 pm

Before I agree to go, who's the leader and how do you plan on dealing with the Queen?

The "Everyone do a Screaming leap into the pit of death and incur casualties, possibly adding another hour or 2 to the quest if we all bite it" method?

The famous "Everyone jump in the pit and make a "wall o'meat" to protect the mage/archer slayer"?

Or the tried & true "One tank/slayer in the pit getting healed and everyone going salvo on the bug after the slayer brings the bug down to 50%" procedure?

Or, are we being innovative and trying something else?

I've got a time budget that is contingent on the quest being completed on the first go.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Sassy
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Sassy » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:25 pm

I've got a time budget that is contingent on the quest being completed on the first go.
Not to be rude or anything but it's my personal preference that if someone's under that kind of constraint that they pass on the quest. It's stressful on everyone and not fun at all.

Lyneaone
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Lyneaone » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:53 pm

Ncatyl... does this mean you don't want to die????

Ishamael will be leading the quest and I will be following and doing what
I'm told. I'm not sure what his "method" will be but as long as we all stay together,
listen to what is being said, and people don't get ahead or wander off, we should
be ok. I'll ask him to post his "way of doing things" lol Hope you can come
Ncatyl :)

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:34 pm

Borderline Sassy, but I'll forgive you! 8)

I like to know what I'm getting into before I sign on. No harm in that. :)

If anyone is wondering where my spirit of adventure is, it's somewhere between 6am and midnight EST. :P

If the method being employed is the "Everyone do a Screaming leap into the pit of death and incur casualties, possibly adding another hour or 2 to the quest if we all bite it" method, then odds are I'll take a pass and avoid being obligated to stick around until 3am recovering bodies. Don't get me wrong, its a fun way to do it, but not the best time for me. Especially with a lower level slayer. :shock:

I'm thinking I've made myself clear :D
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Sassy
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Sassy » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:46 pm

Ncatyl,

Here's where my mind was when I posted. We threw together Caul Recall on Sunday afternoon. Tyn, Borg and Illumination were brave and gracious enough to lead it for the first time.

People knew up front that this quest was going with new leaders and they chose to go anyway. They knew that it could turn into an hours long trip. Yet they kept getting very impatient with the amount of time it was taking and commenting on it. This type of conduct and the unnecessary comments are stressful on everyone and even more so on the quest leader.

I just have a personal belief that if you don't know how a quest is going to turn out or how long it could possibly take...then please don't go. Let everyone else be relaxed and enjoy themselves.

Not that you were intending to do any of this. Just wanted to 'splain myself. :D

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:16 pm

Sassy,

The variables you describe associated with your recent trip to Caul are exactly what I'm looking to gain insight to for this quest before making my decision.

You see, I can lead the quest if needed, I've done it several times. So, I know what I'm getting into as far as that goes. If however the leader is inexperienced (not talking XP total here folks, talking RL experience) or into taking unnecessary risks, then I will reconsider.

In the instance of the QQ, I've got some RL obligations that require me to be fairly well rested. All I want is to know what I'm signing up for before committing.

See? We're on the same page! :D

NC
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Sassy
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Sassy » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:23 pm

See? We're on the same page!
/e wonders who should be more scared about that :shock: :P :lol: