QUEST for Dual mana C 7/Item 8 amulet TODAY (in <1hr

Clan Quest Discussion Forum.
Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

QUEST for Dual mana C 7/Item 8 amulet TODAY (in <1hr

Post by Ncatyl » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:21 am

MEET AT MANSION FOR NOON DEPARTURE

Alrighty, we've got 11+ folks signed up as of now. Here we go!

Portal opens at mansion on Sunday, 12:00 Noon, EST (GMT -4) Arrive early to form fellow(s), and buff for a Dires run.

additions/changes posted in blue

Thunderblade, Thewho & Quick Weasel (mage): you three have first go at the top part. Your job is to open the doors for those in the lower part.

Blue Orchid, Gruhen Do: The three of us (yes, I'm coming) have second go at the top part.

Mariann, Sinistar, & Anca (melee): I need you three to help the second batch of lowers. Any other volunteers are welcome to stay on and help those who opened doors for us get their reward.

Ian, Anca, & skrimp: You folks didn't include your timezones. I know thewho and Mariann are from Italy, so we should be okay. Skrimp, I had you pegged for a leader on the upper, let me know if you can do it, okay? I'll make some modifications if we can work it.

Main dungeon map: http://www.thejackcat.com/AC/Travel/maps/ChakronEnt.htm

Upper & lower maps: http://www.thejackcat.com/AC/Travel/map ... onFlux.htm

The plan: Portal to nearby area & run to Chakron Flux entrance. rebuff prior to entering. All protects, Bane for Slash and Bludge. Melees in the front, Mages in the middle, Archers in the rear. If you've got a bludge ward, wear it. Mages <400 buffed life/war should use baudren or FS.

-Mages, Imperil and healing are your primary duties. killing is secondary to you keeping your buds alive, but when you do bust out the whoopass focus on hollows first, virindi second, monkeys third.

-Melees, Piercing is the order of the day. Don't have pierce? Slash is fine. Bring Rendering weapons. Mages will be imperiling. Two melee's, standing side by side, should be in front. Your job is to keep Hollows & apes from getting inside the group and wreaking havok. You are "The Wall". i'm hoping for at least 3 melees per run.

-Archers, Zap hollows first, then start on apes, if you finish them off and melees are still fighting, begin plinking the virindi.

-Everyone needs to wear their best hollow armor. If you don't have a suit that provides at least 350AL base vs bludgeon, wear olthoi armor.

Okay, thats the plan. Comments? Questions? Fire away!
Last edited by Ncatyl on Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

sinnistar bow'
Gardener
Gardener

Post by sinnistar bow' » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:48 pm

I like the idea mage's in the middle:P snicker
Sinnistar Bow' 152 LVL 3 SCHOOL ARCHER
Emeril's prep cook 75 lvl alch cook spec
Diabolical Mage 135 lvl Bm

LD and proud to be:)

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:17 pm

Hehe, us melees aren't called "meat shields" for nothing. :wink:

Telumiat Hollow Minions in close quarters gives the mages incentive to keep a watchful eye on the status of their meat shield. :)

P/M from Thewho: Bud, we need melees. This place is thick with Telumiats now.

Ahhh, nothing like a target rich environment with lots and lots of screaming! :twisted:
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Blue Wizard
Quest Master

Post by Blue Wizard » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:12 pm

what exactly is this item, ie the quest name
A Friend to ALL and A Friend in Deed!

anca
Gardener
Gardener

Post by anca » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:54 pm

Virindi amulet in lower part and fragment in upper part.

sinnistar bow'
Gardener
Gardener

Post by sinnistar bow' » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:13 am

Keeb's, i prefer the term speed bumps...LOL:)

But every class has its advantage's and disadvantage's:)

and no need for the tell about the hollow's..maybe i will take sinny instead...LOL:)

then i can bring up the rear..muahahahahahah
Sinnistar Bow' 152 LVL 3 SCHOOL ARCHER
Emeril's prep cook 75 lvl alch cook spec
Diabolical Mage 135 lvl Bm

LD and proud to be:)

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:35 am

Please do bring Sinny. I was kind of counting on it. The second group will be archerless if you don't! :shock:
>Ncatyl
BTDT done

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:27 am

Telumiat Hollow Minions ? Aren't that those scarecrows that cannot hit *real (wo)men* ? 8)

The problem with monkeys is that they sometimes push you back so it is not easy to hold position.
Furthermore the Hollows run around like crazy. Every melee (with either Auto-Attack or not) usually cannot fight them efficiently without moving too.
So as good as the idea of "2-3 meatshields in a row" sounds - it might be difficult to implement it.
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Ncatyl
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ncatyl » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:47 am

Trek,

You got shield? You got point. :twisted:

You know what they say about knowing when to stay quiet? Around here, you don't have to step forward to be a hero. You just gotta be slow to step back. ;)

I'm aware of the pesky Hollow AI. I wasn't aware of big monkeys pushing. This should be an absolutely lovely mess and if we get out without someone getting vitae, I will feel very, very elated. I've got high expectations from the group thus assembled, even higher hopes. LD has always left me pleasantly surprised. :D
>Ncatyl
BTDT done