Caul Island Recall Scroll... can we do this? Full details!

Clan Quest Discussion Forum.
Opti_Silmara
Farmer
Farmer

Caul Island Recall Scroll... can we do this? Full details!

Post by Opti_Silmara » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:48 am

I would like to do this quest!! I want to get the Caul Island Recall Scroll. I am sure others need it too. :D

It's especially good to have if you want to get Sing keys. :)

:arrow: Remember the old days, when getting there was half the fun? Reminiscent of the old Dires runs, the run to the Caul Asylum on the Singularity Caul is hairy enough strike fear into even the stoutest of hearts!

:arrow: To access the Caul (an island restricted to levels 55+) you must first be flagged by killing the Guardian of the Singularity in the Singularity Bore (See the Quintessence Sickle quest and map: Singularity Bore).

The Quintessence Sickle is a prize received from the Guardian of the Singularity, a level 100 Virindi, found at the end of the Singularity Bore. Killing the Guardian is also the trigger that enables you to access the Singularity Caul, the new island introduced in the Lost in the New Horizon event.

The entrance to the dungeon 64.1S, 63.8W is a short run from the Obsidian Plains BSD (Black Spawn Den - 60.0S, 57.7W) and is restricted to levels 50+.

Inside you'll face Rampager Tuskers, Tusker Guards, Virindi Masters and Observers, and Terebrous Hollow Minions.

Map Singularity Bore

To reach the Guardian, first jump into the pit to the south of the entrance. Beware of Lightning traps!

Take the west hallway and continue taking right turns until you dead end. The Guardian is guarded by 4 Augmented Drudges and 1 Terebrous Hollow Minion.

Kill the Guardian of the Singularity for the Sickle and to be flagged to enter the Caul.

:arrow: The portal to the Caul is down the north hallway from the entrance. For your group, you'll want to have a melee, an archer, a mage and a lockpicker. Creatures you'll encounter are Terebrous Hollow Minions; Pandemonium, Paroxysm and Maelstrom Shadows; Virindi Observers, Executors and Profane Virindi; Altered and Augmented Drudges and Tumeroks; Tusker Rampagers and more!

The Run

Before setting off on your run, buff and bane everything. And I mean everything!! Buff and bane. Everything. ;-) Don't forget your hat! You'll want to do your best to stick together as you head to the Caul Asylum at 94.7S, 95.7W. As you race across the island, you'll be chased by firece Tuskers, Hollows, Drudges, Virindi Tumeroks and more!

Map: Singularity Caul

:arrow: At many points in your run you'll be running down small narrow valleys between hills on either side. At various points the monsters get so thick you'll have a hard time pushing through. Try jumping over these roadblocks. And keep moving!!

A few landmarks along the way will help keep you on your path. From the Caul drop, head down the hill past the structure to your right and head SE. Keep following the ravine and you'll eventually bear SW and then west. Your first major landmark will be the floating Virindi Spire at 98.6S, 96.7W.

At approximate 97.5S, 97.5W you'll be bearing to the right heading NE. Follw the valley again through hoards of creature spawns until you hit your next major landmark: the glowing pink ruin at 96.9S, 98.7W. At 95.2S, 97.9W you'll see the floating tower. From there head north and curve around to the east. From there it's a straight shot to the Caul Asylum portal (restricted to Levels 60+). Don't stop to admire the view. Dive for safety!

:arrow: Note: A second, easier method to access the Asylum exists. Use the Fragment of the Singularity, made from three Repository Slivers, to open a portal to the Seat of the New Singularity. Have your party tie to the portal before hopping through. Take the exit portal to (you'll be at 93.0S, 95.4W), then make the short run to the Asylum at 94.7S, 95.7W. See the Singular Repositories quest for details.

Caul Asylum

The Caul Asylum is the first of four dungeons in the quest. Open your first door with lockpick and fight downward until you find the zoo room. It will be glowing red and has various creatures trapped in energy. On your way you'll encounter some Paroxysm Shadows, among other creatures. They do not show up on radar, and will not attack unless you attack. From the zoo room take the west passage down. Have a melee kill the Gatekeeper (Level 100 Hollow Minion).

Map: Caul Asylum

The Gatekeeper suffers a frozen fate!
The master must be warned the consciousness must flow

The Gatekeeper drops about 10 blue Asylum Chest Keys (5 day timer - may be given). It spawns approximately every 7 minutes. When everyone has a key, return to the zoo room.

This time, take the south passage down. The Asylum Chests are in a room behind a locked door (resistance 202) guarded by Mosswart Soul Trappers. The chests are dark red and resemble Singularity Troves. Use your key on the chest to unlock it. Inside you'll find the Asylum Key and three message shards: Pristine, Corroding and Aerbax's.

Head back the zoo room and take the east passage. The Asylum key opens the Accessway to the Athenaeum, a grated door (resistance 5000) which leads to the 2nd dungeon, the Caul Athenauem.

Virindi Profane tells you, "Nothing can stop the swelling tide of the storms wreathed in darkness. We shall rise as one again, your ilk will be cleansed."

Caul Athenauem

When you enter the second dungeon, you'll see colored portals glowing above your head. They form the walkway to the portal to the third dungeon. To reach it, you'll have to navigate the maze-like, hallways, but if you view the map, you'll see that the dungeon is symmetrical. Any of the passages from the entrance will lead you up.

Map: Caul Atheneaum

:arrow: Note that each of the four corners of the top level contains a large room with a statue of Bael'zharon. The Sage, a level 110 Virindi, spawns in one of the rooms (use your missile fighter to kill it). It drops the Athenaeum Key. The key opens the Sanitorium Accss Door, lleading to the Caul Sanitorium portal. To reach the portal, jump from the ledge onto the row of portals to walk across. You'll receive the following message as you enter the portal.

A voice sounds in your mind as you enter the flux of portal space, "Inconsistencies and anomalies within the construct have alerted me of meat bodies not assigned to the Athaneaum structure. Fabric of portal has been torn. A new destination is now at hand. Laboratory compromised. I must inform my mirror of these parasitic incursions."

Caul Sanitorium

I think they should call this one the Caul Insanitorium!! ;-) When you enter the third dungeon, you'll be high on a ledge. Creatures from below will debuff and debuff and debuff you. And then they'll debuff you some more! Other than the occasional Harm spell, you'll be relatively safe, so don't let all the blue text spook you. This dungeon contains a gajillion portal, but only one is the right one. As you explore the passages, your footsteps will trigger dangerous spawns.

Map: Caul Sanitorium

To begin, you'll be walking down a portal stairway. When you come to a dead end, do a half power jump straight ahead to the South wall. Turn kitty-corner, and do a full power jump over to the tower platform, then turn again and take another full power jump to the landing to the south.

Take the first right, the keep to your left at all times, ignoring all portals. You'll eventually come to a ramp up. When you hit the hallway with windows on either side, stay straight. You're getting close! At the end of this passageway are a group of four more portals. The one you want is the SE portal.

If you enter the incorrect portal, you will simply return to the top of the portal stairway where you must try and try again!

:arrow: Note: if you fall from the stairway, immediately run to the SE portal and take it back to the entrance. It's a true death trap below.

Aerbax's Antechamber

The entrance room of the last dungeon contains four statues of Bael'Zharon and is safe for buffing.

Map: Aerbax's Antechamber

From the main room, take your lockpicker to the west passage. Go up the ramp to the top and use the levers to sequentially open the doors on the way down. Lever order is mainly upper left, upper right, lower right, lower left.

When the east door of the main room opens, repeat the process until the south door opens. Jump down and have your mage kill The Auditor (level 120 Virindi) at the end of this passage behind the steel door. Its corpse contains 10 or so chest keys, one Aerbax's Antechamber Key and one more message shard. Make sure everyone gets a green key. The Auditor will respawn if you don't have enough keys.

The levers in the auditor room open the north door of the main room. You'll use a few more levers before reaching Aerbax's Anteroom (resistance 5000). Use the blue key to open the door. Once inside use a chest key (green) to open the troves. You'll receive your Recall to the Singularity Caul scroll and 15-20 singularity quality items! More lore shards spawn on the ground nearby.

The Sanatorium Chest has been unlocked.
Your key is used up.

:arrow: The Recall spell drops you in the center of the plateau at 95.4S, 95.2W.

This is taken from Maggies guide: http://www.thejackcat.com/AC/Hobbies/Qu ... Recall.htm

Opti 8)
[img]http://ac.gamepoint.net/~illuminati/ima ... amwalk.gif[/img]During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were "just going down to the corner." - Jack Handey

Quebec
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Quebec » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:28 am

If a lots of peop go there i will joint i have eard we need archers and it's pretty hard!

chada II
Harvester
Harvester

hmm

Post by chada II » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:31 am

Find a leader and most definetely count me in.
chada II- lvl 130 BM
Alltrades-lvl 104 gimp tinker

Phred
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Phred » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:17 am

last time I went the ledaer and 2/3 of the fellow dropped out most of the way through.. I finidhed it... if you really want me to I will, but make it worht my while pelase.
I'm thinking about not thinking which when you think about it really makes the whole thing kind of thoughtless.
~Bardolan, Elder of the Legacy of Stolen Tears -- http://www.stolentears.net
Deadness Confirmed: You've got Corpse.

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:16 am

I would like to get the recall also Opti. I haven't been before and couldn't lead my way out of my driveway probably, but I can go along and help kill. :)

Phred, I'll pitch in on the making it worth your while part. :D
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:35 am

I'd be interested if the time is right for me. I can't lead as I can't lead my way out of a paper bag but I'd love to do the quest.
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Scorcha Wench - baby magette
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

Allegiance Council Member
laseirna@lastdynasty.net

LitlPrincess
Harvester
Harvester

Post by LitlPrincess » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:45 am

Id like to get this on my mage as well. And Phred is a WONDERFUL leader. :D
Litl Princess :usa

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:12 pm

Why do people continue to think they need to do that mind numbing run ;)

if you get a fragment of the new singularity (takes 5 mins to get, soloable if you ahve melee d) you can gut that run to a 2 meter hike that can be done nekkid and buffless.

I have done this quest a couple of times, with just 2 people, both under 126 so its not very hard, just takes a long time to do those idiotic switches (yes, they make me bitter)

I'd lead this but I quit leading quests long ago, my suggestion would be to look for Youkay or K H A O(vassal of mine, the guy I did it with long ago) one fo them will be able to lead it.
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Darryl the great
Planter
Planter

Post by Darryl the great » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:43 pm

id love to as well =]
poo

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:13 pm

Ok what do we know so far :

- Phade could lead it but he won't because he doesn't lead quests anymore....
- Phred "could make it " (I suppose he means leading it ?) but needs something to make it worth his while....
- some need the Recall, some already have it and are willing to join but unable to lead (including myself)

Did I miss or misinterpret anything yet ?

Edit : removed some cynicisms..... :wink: :twisted:
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

Thewho
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Thewho » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:21 pm

i will join also the last time i went there we was like 4 whitout an archer :/ im flagged till the sage but there .. whitout archer no way.

by the way the best way isnt from sing bore but from the Seat of the New Singularity , i have loads of this gems for let ecorto open this portal,
if need this just let me know

Ian Mac
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ian Mac » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:54 am

Count me in. I still need this. Please try to post the scheduled time in advance so I can plan for it.
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen from a bough, having never felt sorry for itself."

Ian Mac Lvl 192 Tank Bow
Tristan Mac Lvl 82 Sword
Alchy Mac Lvl 77 Cook/Alchemist
Meagan Mac Lvl 82 Tank UA

Ian Mac
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ian Mac » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:57 am

Count me in. I still need this. Please try to post the scheduled time in advance so I can plan for it.
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen from a bough, having never felt sorry for itself."

Ian Mac Lvl 192 Tank Bow
Tristan Mac Lvl 82 Sword

Opti_Silmara
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Opti_Silmara » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:00 am

Oh brilliant!!! :D

So Phred is leading because it's worth his while.. and I think we can count on Phade to bring up the rear. :P.. and Oof better be in the middle so he doesn't get lost. ;)

Yay.. we're doing it! Someone come up with a prospective day and time. ;)

Now if Panzer and Flanker come.. it will be quite the party! ;)

Opti 8)
[img]http://ac.gamepoint.net/~illuminati/ima ... amwalk.gif[/img]During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were "just going down to the corner." - Jack Handey

Ian Mac
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Ian Mac » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:04 am

Please oh please let be home for this!!!

Ian Mac Lvl 192 Tank Bow
Tristan Mac Lvl 82 Sword