level 40+ and/or level 60+ Olthoi Armor around 11pm pst sun

Clan Quest Discussion Forum.
Obiwan
Planter
Planter

level 40+ and/or level 60+ Olthoi Armor around 11pm pst sun

Post by Obiwan » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:23 pm

Hey anyone want to do either of these quests tonite? Or both?

I want to get a level 40 set of armor for my archer, and a level 60 set for my sword guy. Since there is no level cap, i will just take my 68 sword guy to both dungeons. And if you want to say get a suit for your lower level characters, I recommend you do the same and take your highest level guy, because the brood matrons are a pain in the ass to kill. I couldn't even kill the level 40 brood matron with my 68 sword guy.

If you are interested in doing either of these dungeons, or both even, I would be glad to go with you tonite between the hours of 11pm --- 3am pst. The level 40 dungeon I know the layout of pretty good, and can easily guide us directly to the brood matron (at least the first one, didn't manage to kill her so I never went further in the dungeon). I haven't been in the level 60 dungeon yet, but I have a map printed out and sitting on my desktop to help guide us through.

All I need is one strong melee or archer, or mage with very high level life magic, as the level 40 brood matron seems to have magic resist in the 350+ range. The problem with the brood matrons (at least the level 40 one), is they heal EXTREMELY fast. So that one melee basically for every 100 damage you do to her, she will heal 90-95 of that damage in the same amount of time. And you will inevitably run out of stamina, and as soon as you quaff a couple stamina elixirs, she will completely heal!!! no joke, this happened to me last night on the level 40 brood matron. So you really need at least 2 people doing damage to the brood matrons.
SC: Obi wan kinobi , Foobe
DT: Dogen Zenji, Feebo, Bodhidharma

Nauscicaa
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Nauscicaa » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:32 pm

The timer for the pick up of the Matron parts works through all levels. So if you want two sets (even if they are different) you need to wait 24 hours.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to.
So that when they turn their backs on you.
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

Obiwan
Planter
Planter

ah ha

Post by Obiwan » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:17 am

k thanx for the tip.

then i'd be glad to do either one, depending on what the other people interested wanted to do. so anyone interested in getting one of those level suits?

Retread
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Retread » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:26 pm

I don't know if my lvl 62 mage can survive there( I've never done this quest), but I would not mind going along and imping for ya.

Obiwan
Planter
Planter

yo

Post by Obiwan » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:36 pm

I got the 40 armor last nite, me and my friend zogs (70 archer) had no problem doing it. We had to go through like 3-4 buffs, because sometimes the matrons and queens don't cooperate and drop the parts you need :)

retread if you want to give the 60 armor a try, I say lets go for it. We may want to get another melee or archer to go with us. Lesee i guess the timer for each part is 24 hours, so some of my timers will expire tonite at 11:30pm-12am and some of them won't expire till like 2-3am : ) So probably best to do this tommorow nite or another nite.

So Tuesday around 11pm pst sounds like a good departure time for me. Or if need be another nite at the same time.