New Aerlinthe

Clan Quest Discussion Forum.
Panzerfaust
Monarch

New Aerlinthe

Post by Panzerfaust » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:56 pm

Who wants to do the Aerlinthe with New Lady?

This will have to be treated like a real BOSS.
So, we need to set this up with possible healers and such.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

TUSAMI
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by TUSAMI » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:29 pm

You'll need a vod or caul crew to do this one. I know for sure that Illum want's to do this one. :D
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/tusamisig.jpg[/img]
:banana: Woot I'm an AC nut, Err Banana :banana:

kerosene
Allegiance Council

Post by kerosene » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:21 pm

This, um whats the word I'm looking for; oh well, lady must die.

Oh by the way I will most diffently go. :twisted:
[url=http://www.lastdynasty.net/ldstats/inde ... 1342774838]Kerosene[/url]
[url=http://www.lastdynasty.net/ldstats/inde ... 1342942392]Illumination[/url]
Member of The Allegiance Council

Shetl
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Shetl » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:48 pm

VOD crew...hmm wonder who that crew would cosist of ?? well,count me in :D
This to..shall pass
shindhiog: well when I take over the world, everything will be dangerous and outlawed, everyone will eat engineered food paste

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:28 pm

We can do it with anyone -- that is ok with dying :)

But, I think we will need a full fellow for this one. She has VoD bodyguards.

If you are interested, sign here __________________________

:P

Euros, too!

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

QuickWeasel
Gardener
Gardener

Post by QuickWeasel » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:28 pm

I wanna come (Eurotime)
Mystic Enchanter - El Zorro - Leandrah
Dr Fumanchu - Old Shatterhand - Obiwankenobi

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:41 pm

I want to - pacific time zone here
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Scorcha Wench - baby magette
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

Allegiance Council Member
laseirna@lastdynasty.net

Ashida Kim
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Ashida Kim » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:54 pm

I am all about it. EST here. I know Uncle G wants to go as well. I can bring my mage or my x-bow, whichever better fills out the group.
-May the road to the stars take you beyond your dreams

Robin's Hood - Level 11x Xbow/Tradesmule
Divinatrix - Level 17x Melee Mage
The Sullen Soldier - Level 17x Spear/Tinker

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:15 am

I'll go and help out if I'm available when it runs. If there are plenty of heavy hitters along, I'd be willing to take one of my lower toons and get him flagged for Aerlinthe too. :P

BTW, the lower level toon is a lvl 70 mage so he could still help out some.

Eastern time zone.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:06 am

This one is Harbinger type hard. Smaller characters will be toaster leavin'. :)

Town Crier
Allegiance Council

Post by Town Crier » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:25 pm

It doesnt make much sense that a level 45+ island requires a 150+ group quest... :roll:
Town Crier, 200+ Mage/Tinker of Items
Mad Summoner, 200+ Tinker Of Weapons and Armor and Magic Items
Fungus Amongus, 100+ Alchy/Cook

TownCrier@lastdynasty.net

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:44 pm

Actually, you can run it without the death wish.

They gave her a boost, if you choose to fight her in her new costume.

kerosene
Allegiance Council

Post by kerosene » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:55 pm

from maggies http://www.thejackcat.com/AC/Hobbies/Qu ... ficial.htm

In short you need the Sacrificial dagger to do the old version where it is ment for lvl 45's. With out the dagger you need a 150+ group.

Updated during From the Darkness Born event.

First you go to the Esper Crater, and get the bellows, same way as before. Then you go to aerlinthe, and get the sluice gate bar in foundry, again, same as before. From here the quest twists slightly, and you choose your path. If you want to do the OLD version of the quest, YOU MUST GET THE SACRIFICIAL DAGGER. Only one is needed per party. If you want to do the new version of the quest, you do not need this. From here it merges again. Turn in the gate bar to the repair golem to activate foundry, turn in the bellows in foundry to the smith golem to activate tenkarrdun crater. Here it is still the same but slightly different. The new Hellfire spawn is a couple firestorms, some of the mist/nubilous golems, some magmas, and one creature labeled "Tenkarrdun Hellfire." Kill it, and it will drop now NINE hellfire infusions (worth 4 mil exp at GW). The Behemoth of Tenkarrdun is now level 105 (previously 697), and is slightly easier than a Magma Golem Exarch. Kill him and he drops a Pyreal Nugged (2 of 2 dropped for me) and a black boulder. From here, go to relic town. The Watchman is now labeled as "Relic Watchman" so he is easy to find. He is harder than normal relics as he has more hp, so kill him and the keep portal spawns as normal. The ring is upgraded, all item details listed below. Smith Ejan is still a newbie worthless monster.

In the Keep:

The Keep is accessed by the same means, first/second lever, locked doors, dispel traps, etc, all is the same, except there are pretty much twice as many spawns everywhere. There is a difference and HERE is where you split the quest. If you want to do the NEW harder version of the quest, simply do the normal way to get to the lady. The hard level lady is VoD-like, complete with level 7 dispels (as in she dispels debuffs to her), counter-buffs at level 7, level 8 life vulns, level 7 war spells, and has dark guardians and lich oppressors guarding her. DO NOT DEBUFF HER. She will counter and dispel anything you do, just use a rending weapon/wand and kill her normally. She also has new upgraded graphics, has full skin (isnt rotting), and has red hair. You may need a group to accomplish this, as she is VoD-like with health too. She drops an Ornate Key which in the chest room there is a new chest on the left side, and if you open it you will receive the Aerfalle's Supreme Pallium, Superior Ashbane, and War Staff of
THERE IS NO SCROLL THE HARD WAY.

Getting the Scroll:

In order to get the scroll, as mentioned above, you NEED the Sacrificial Dagger when you enter the keep. Now here is where the original quest gets changed. The normal spawn of the lady involves the VoD version of her. The way to get her to be the OLD spawn is as follows. You need to go up to the first lever room and pull the one on the left, then cross to the east on the bottom floor. This will go up into a mirror of the lever area, only there is an NPC there named "Ghost of Galaeral." You need to talk to him (or not, either way), then give him the Sacrificial Dagger. You will get text as
follows:

Ghost of Galaeral tells you, "The songs of my sisters echo across eternity and I am left to rot; bound through the arts of ill-wind taught by sisters who had fallen to the call of the twisted dark. Thousands of years bound against my will to a tether not of my making, bereft of power and ability to purchase a final release, I have waited and watched within the walls of this prison."
Ghost of Galaeral tells you, "The skein of her life now draws taut as she is stirred to action, re-exerting her command over these halls and drawing on the lives of those she once imprisoned. Through the countless years, most that were bound here against their will have become lost and slipped into madness, the echo of their lives now scattered dust and formless agony. Not I."
Ghost of Galaeral tells you, "I recall the device, the tool used to pull the blood of my heart into a vessel that held my precious vitae long enough to rip free my soul and lock it within the walls of this keep, evermore a servant to her will. But my years of servitude draw near an end, and through the voices of elder sisters who sang to the deep and refused to sell our secrets to the Dericost I am given a moment of clarity to find my freedom. Yet the walls ever remain my prison."
Ghost of Galaeral tells you, "Aerfalle has changed. She has grown her flesh anew and taken the glamour of her youth. But all this imagery is false. She risks more power at the cost of those bound in these halls. My fallen sisters seek not redemption, but through their folly they will give me mine. Aerfalle's strength lies in tunnels long crushed by the weight of time, halls within this keep that you cannot traverse, halls which I can still travel."
Ghost of Galaeral tells you, "But I cannot lessen her strength without an instrument of sacrifice. The blade that drew my heart's blood must be used to stab at her crusted heart and weaken her strength."
Ghost of Galaeral tells you, "Bring me the dagger and I shall take my revenge and aid you in her destruction."
You give Ghost of Galaeral Sacrificial Dagger.
A haunting voice echoes in the halls of the Keep. "Light is not lost on this world yet. I shall enact my part of this bargain, outlander. Seek vengeance for the countless years, the suffering and the agony of those she has destroyed. Blessings of Ithaenc go with you."

What this accomplishes is that the NPC will go weaken the lady, then you follow the normal process of completing the quest. The lady is weakened to her old form, so she is easy to solo/kill. She drops the old Ashen Key, and you go back to the chest room and use the old chest. It contains the old pallium (upgraded), the old ashbane (upgraded), the staff of aerfalle (upgraded), and of course the recall scroll!

Details of item rewards:

Old/Easy Level Quest:

Sacrificial Dagger: No Change

Black Boulder: Black Fire Atlan Stone

Ring of the Watchman, Item Enchantment Mastery Other V, Mana Conversion
Mastery Other V, Creature Enchantment Mastery Other V, Diff. 50, Value
4,500, 15BU

Staff of Aerfalle, +6% Mana Con, +4m, Acid Volley VI, War Magic Mastery
Other VI, Leadership Mastery Other VI, Life Magic Mastery Other VI, Diff.
100, Value 10,150, 250BU

Aerfalle's Pallium, AL 130, Focus Other VI, Aerfalle's Ward, Willpower Other
VI, Diff. 275, Value 10,710, 200BU (now enchantable!!)

BS/2: Ashbane, 22.5-45 +0m/+8a, Value 10,190, 450BU

New/Hard Level Quest:

Special thanks:

Hard group:

Sif al Taak
Vaniya
Mad African

Easy Group:
Al-Raven
Male Sho
Bel Garath
The konan person

--------

Part of the Aerlinthe Quest

In addition to the Repair Golem, the Aerlinthe Reservoir Dungeon also houses another horrific secret. On the second floor of the Olthoi section you'll find a room branching off from one of the Olthoi tunnels containing an altar with restraints hanging off the sides, covered in blood. A Sacrificial Dagger lies nearby.

This room is the scene of murder of the missionary Lady Galaeral of Ithaenc, whose mutilated body was found off the north shore, as described in the Aerlinthe Record. A small group of Undead had committed the atrocity long ago. "Shrieks of pain and incomprehensible, mumbling chants" still echo within the walls.
[url=http://www.lastdynasty.net/ldstats/inde ... 1342774838]Kerosene[/url]
[url=http://www.lastdynasty.net/ldstats/inde ... 1342942392]Illumination[/url]
Member of The Allegiance Council