For those of you running Castaway Bot

If you need assistance with Decal or any Decal plugins, this is the place.
Ellen
Planter
Planter

For those of you running Castaway Bot

Post by Ellen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:14 pm

1. Go to your folder containing the Castaway Bot files.

2. Right click on BotSpeech.xml and select EDIT - this will open that file in Notepad.

3. Right near the top you should see the following code.
<!-- Advertise: What you spam aloud every 3 minutes to advertise your bot -->
<Spoken Type="Random" Name="Advertise">
<Emote>is a buff bot running CastAway Bot software. Tied to %Primary% and %Secondary%.</Emote>
<Emote>can cast brilliance. Grab a Superb Mana Charge and tell me BRILL.</Emote>
<Speech>Tell me LINE to see your position, and get an ETA for your buffs.</Speech>
<Speech>Tell me REMOVE to delete your buffs from my queue, even while I'm casting them!</Speech>
</Spoken>
Yours may have more or less lines of <Speech>.

4. Copy this line of code.
<TypeText>/a Bot is currently online at the mansion</TypeText>
5. Paste it at the end of your block of Speech before the </Spoken> line so it looks like this:
<!-- Advertise: What you spam aloud every 3 minutes to advertise your bot -->
<Spoken Type="Random" Name="Advertise">
<Emote>is a buff bot running CastAway Bot software. Tied to %Primary% and %Secondary%.</Emote>
<Emote>can cast brilliance. Grab a Superb Mana Charge and tell me BRILL.</Emote>
<Speech>Tell me LINE to see your position, and get an ETA for your buffs.</Speech>
<Speech>Tell me REMOVE to delete your buffs from my queue, even while I'm casting them!</Speech>
<TypeText>/a Bot is currently online at the mansion</TypeText>
</Spoken>
6. This will enable your bot to speak AUTOMATICALLY on the /a channel occasionally announcing that your bot is online to the entire allegiance.

7. You can obviously change the text your bot says such as "/a Bot is currently online at the villa." or whatever you want it to say.

Hope this helps someone.
-Ellen Ripley
Solclaim
Monarch
[url=http://www.renegadeguild.net][u]The Renegade Guild[/u][/url]
Site Manager
[url=http://ac.warcry.com][u]Crossroads of Dereth[/u][/url]