ACexplorer

If you need assistance with Decal or any Decal plugins, this is the place.
grimly fiendish
Gardener
Gardener

ACexplorer

Post by grimly fiendish » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:08 am

i tried to update my ac explorer about 2 months ago and it wiped out everything in it so i reinstalled from the exe file and tried another update and same thing wiped clean just a blank map

anyone know if this was a bug or if it was intended to force ya to buy the updated version?

if its just a matter of putting a new link in anyone have it?
grimly fiendish--kelsa ravenlock--johann von goethe--meow mix--vellis von fliescher--stigmata martyr--mira von ketric--urbain grandier--duncan mcdonut--agrippa von neteshei
PIMPS ARE GIMPS

Nauscicaa
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Nauscicaa » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:19 am

Its on http://www.acspedia.com

Click instructions on the left side and then select AC Explorer (Free version, 2.2c) Updated 9-18-2003 and follow the instructions
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to.
So that when they turn their backs on you.
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

grimly fiendish
Gardener
Gardener

Post by grimly fiendish » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:05 am

so whats the link i need just to update is it no longer http://www.clarkszoo.org/asheronscall/e ... places.dat
or do i have to have some upgrade as of a month ago just to use it
grimly fiendish--kelsa ravenlock--johann von goethe--meow mix--vellis von fliescher--stigmata martyr--mira von ketric--urbain grandier--duncan mcdonut--agrippa von neteshei
PIMPS ARE GIMPS

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:29 am

My AC Explorer has an update link on the main menu bar. I'm not sure when you mentioned blank if you meant the menu bars were blanked out too.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

grimly fiendish
Gardener
Gardener

Post by grimly fiendish » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:05 pm

i mean all locations and objects are removed from the map even the towns when i use the link ive been useing for a year or so now
so i thought maybe there was a new link to use like what happened with the program 2 years ago or so
PIMPS ARE GIMPS

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:36 pm

grimly fiendish wrote:i mean all locations and objects are removed from the map even the towns when i use the link ive been useing for a year or so now
so i thought maybe there was a new link to use like what happened with the program 2 years ago or so
ATTENTION : if you (re)install ACExplorer, the display of towns, portals,... is switched OFF by default. You have to turn them on in the "Show" menu...

You say that you have used the database URL for a year or so ?
It definitely did change some weeks ago (noticeable by the .aspx extension).

Dependent on your version of ACExplorer the way to change the URL settings is different. Consult the website http://www.acspedia.com as Naus suggested....
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

grimly fiendish
Gardener
Gardener

Post by grimly fiendish » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:15 am

ok ill see what i can find there as the acexplorer home site (zugsoft i think)no longer has a free version at all

and i do have all the buttons on for the map there is 0 database on it updateing does a total wipe

ill let ya know if i find out anything thx
PIMPS ARE GIMPS

Nauscicaa
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Nauscicaa » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:59 am

Grimly I posted Step by SAtep instructions to get the new database, why do you not just follow them, they work :)

grimly fiendish
Gardener
Gardener

Post by grimly fiendish » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:06 am

thats what i meant by ill check there =)
the rest was just replies to things i saw posted thats all
PIMPS ARE GIMPS

Nauscicaa
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Nauscicaa » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:23 pm

btw, delete the old URL from the ACExplorer settings, it does not do that automatically