MJ Question

Installing, Configuring & Operating MeginJarder

Moderator: Trekman

Alea Ox-Craig
Planter
Planter

MJ Question

Post by Alea Ox-Craig » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:14 pm

Is there a reason to use MJ if you are not in a XP Chain? The reason being is that my poor old computer (turns 5 in June) can only run Decal plus up to 5 plugins before AC crashes on me. The plugins I typically use are: NB2, BS2, Treestats 2 or MJ but not both, and gHUD.

My poor old computer:

Pentium II 400 MHz
128MB RAM
Windows 98 First Edition
8MB Video Card
56k Modem

Future upgrades include:

+256MB RAM
64MB Video Card
Alea Ox-Craig's BM (level 63)

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:27 am

There are reasons to run Meginjarder *although* you might be in a chain.

The XP Chain part of MJ is of no relevance to us - at least before the upcoming changes - simply because it does not take our various quotas into account and calculates on a flat 100% basis. It might give you a nice impression on how you perform compared to your chain vassal, but its numbers do not really matter.

The other features of MJ are its strengths and are either unique in their form (Quest-Calendar, Offline Mailing, filtered Online Lists) or making additional plugins unnecessary (IRC, Chat Stack).

We do not use MJ for Chain Management, and neither do we use TreeStats. Of course if you want to appear in the TreeStats database you will have to use its plugin. But not all the time - just once in a while for a quick relog to upload your data.
If you use TS solely for having a 126+ display you should ask yourself whether *this* feature alone is worth running TreeStats all the time (and therefore periodically uploding data to the TS server while you play)...if your level 53 is your only toon you will not have these concerns though :wink:

These periodic uploads were the reason why I decided recently *not* to use TreeStats anymore - when I almost died in a laggy situation where suddenly the periodical upload kicked in and apparently contributed to getting me booted. Maybe you can switch off that feature, but I didn't bother to look for it.
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer