This program made my headache...help!!!

Installing, Configuring & Operating MeginJarder

Moderator: Trekman

DL
Farmer
Farmer

This program made my headache...help!!!

Post by DL » Fri May 30, 2003 1:10 am

okay..I finally gave in and downloaded this and I appeared to figure out how to send a private message.

So I tried the /i thingy for groups and NO one answered me so I don't know it if works.

then I get this message for about 10 times..

* irc.sorcery.net (9000) The attempt to connect timed out
* Connect retry #10 irc.sorcery.net (9000)

Aren't chat progs suppose to be easy to use....If I'm doing something wrong...please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Dangerous Lady

I'm an AC addict...do I want help for my addiction?...NO!!!

Town Crier
Allegiance Council

Post by Town Crier » Fri May 30, 2003 2:49 pm

Did you download the LD file and put it in the same directory as MJ?

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Fri May 30, 2003 4:44 pm

You can /tell me ingame later if you want and we'll try to get it working. It's usually automatic after you copy the LD .xml file TC is talking about into Meginjarder directory.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

DL
Farmer
Farmer

Post by DL » Sat May 31, 2003 1:20 am

Yes...I downloaded the LD file too....and it says in there that I have #lastdynasty ...I also did the show everyone on line and it listed our members......and my message I did privately went thru easily....but I never got a response wehn I tried doing a group message.

I really hate chat progs...but I'm willing to learn how to use this one if it makes getting into fellows/quests with my clan easier....:)
Dangerous Lady

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Sat May 31, 2003 1:33 am

Hmm thats weird. Either you cannot connect to the server at all (as your first post implies) - or you can see who is online and you can chat which both requires an established connection - as said in the last post.

So I assume those two posts describe two different situations ?

If you applied the LD XML unmodified your command to chat in IRC publicly is /i.
But even if you do not chat you should see the others talking (sometimes more, sometimes less) in a special color (blue i think) and with the names in <..>

Edit : wait - when you say "I also did the show everyone on line and it listed our members" which window/output are you referring to ? The IRC tab or the MBR tab ?
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

DL
Farmer
Farmer

Post by DL » Sat May 31, 2003 3:09 am

It works...it was a-okay tonight when I logged into game...apparently there just wasn't anyone chatting last night...there were only about 4 people on-line and they must have been afk or something...plus it appears server was not stable either.

Tonight I even helped hubby d/l it on his puter and we got his up and running...woohoooo...I'm a meginjarder guru....ahahahaha
Dangerous Lady

Trekman
Meginjarder Admin

Post by Trekman » Sat May 31, 2003 12:52 pm

DL wrote:..woohoooo...I'm a meginjarder guru....ahahahaha

Cool - so in the future if I have a problem with MJ I will ask you instead of the developers :shock: :wink:
[img]http://members.chello.at/trekman/1701bop.gif[/img]
[b][url=http://mj.lastdynasty.net/stats/meginch ... the+Axeman]Trekman the Axeman - Senior Skullsplitter and Master Of Slaughter[/url][/b]
Prim Trekmansun - Archer

DL
Farmer
Farmer

Post by DL » Sat May 31, 2003 1:46 pm

Trekman wrote:
Cool - so in the future if I have a problem with MJ I will ask you instead of the developers :shock: :wink:

ummmmm......maybe not quite a guru....but working on it.... :lol:

In all my excitement I got a bit carried away and of course exagerated a WEE bit...hahahahaa

Actually....it was quite easy to install....it appears there just wasn't anyone talking in group chat when I tried testing it out....so I seemed like it wasn't working when in fact it was.... :P
Dangerous Lady