Commentary of wonder

Questions & Answers Concerning our Buff Bots & Trade Mules
Phred
Farmer
Farmer

Commentary of wonder

Post by Phred » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:34 am

About a month ago when the clan moved to the new boards...Buffythebuffer began working on "new code" and an accepted users list...I requested that some of my charachters and vassels be placed on that list and made a small donation at that time to ensure that there would be no problems with my requests.

Since that day I had not seen buffy online as a bot..and my hours vary sparadocly so I am relativly sure that I wasnt missing operateign hours due to a schedualing conflict.

Yesterday I saw buffy log on at the mansion and she said that she would most likley not be putting the bot back up again due to the expense of running it.

I do not care about the 50 plats I handed buffy.. I do not care about the 10,000+ tapers i have given buffy in the past...I do not care abotu any thign else I have given over to any bot to keep them running for the clan to use... I would jsut liek to state my concern over this matter...months of new code jsut so that the bots would better serve the clan and so that the owners would not eb screwed by peopel who were unwillign to contribute tot their operation but used them anyways....and yetno response since...

Thank you for takeing your time to read this and takeign these thoughts to mind....

Have a nice day.
I'm thinking about not thinking which when you think about it really makes the whole thing kind of thoughtless.
~Bardolan, Elder of the Legacy of Stolen Tears -- http://www.stolentears.net
Deadness Confirmed: You've got Corpse.

Mickie
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Mickie » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:17 pm

Ummm...
Expense of running it? no.
Its was due to the pain of maintaining a user list.
And since then I have reconsidered and brought her back up without the userlist, just with the discussed level restrictions for all.

<sigh>
This is one of the reasons i hate running a bot, because people think they can buy me. Just because somebody gives me a donation to run the bot does not give me more time to write more code, or does not ensure my laptop will not crash, or does not make my isp more stable. Im sorry she was not up for you, i was out of town and am currently again.

<sigh> Phred, You didnt say anything that they were specifically to give your character preferential treatment. I was hopeing they were for use by the clan. Its not like i take them and went to the tradehall and used them to buy stuff, theyre still on her and shes up right now, burning them on the whole family. Better go get your share before their gone i guess. Or just come get them back from me next time im online so you dont have anything to... nevermind. PM me i guess and we can talk about it. I dont want you to be be upset becasue i dont have time to cater to you this week.

Phred
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Phred » Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:06 am

its np buffy... I am well....down (only way to put it).... they palts where for clan etc....I was (at the time) wondering why you had spent that much effort etc. talkign about these new systems and then "poof" you dissapear withougth a word....

if anyone sees me acting at all "unusual" reently or in the future... I'd suggest you dont ask becuase I might jsut tell you why I am ready to cry one minute and ready to turn a cinder block into sand with my bare hands the next...
I'm thinking about not thinking which when you think about it really makes the whole thing kind of thoughtless.
~Bardolan, Elder of the Legacy of Stolen Tears -- http://www.stolentears.net
Deadness Confirmed: You've got Corpse.