A Cry for a Different Kind of Help

Last Dynasty Public Forum
Kalel
Plower
Plower

A Cry for a Different Kind of Help

Post by Kalel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:38 am

I have to ask for help from anyone who actually knows me from game. This is not quest help, or corpse recovery help, or tinkering help, or any other kind of help that is often asked for. This is reputation help. Keebler has already helped me with this once, and it was a big help, but it was a while ago and seems to have worn off. Only those who have known me for years, whether you've known me well or not, can really be of help here. I thought this issue was done with after Keeb vouched for me, but I logged off just last night in a very foul mood indeed for the way I was treated.

Those of you who are still active in game may have heard of a toon named K'lael. K'lael, I believe, is a person in his early teens, with the attitude you would expect from such. He has offended a large percentage of the population of Solclaim in his time. I've spoken with him briefly myself, and didn't find him that offensive, but a lot of people dislike him. I have seen some /cg dialogue that makes me somewhat sympathetic to the anti-K'lael movement, but I never foresaw that I would have to pay the price for it myself.

Solclaim seems to be becoming a very cliqueish, unfriendly place to play. There are those who insist on believing that, because our names are slightly similar, that I am K'lael. I have been treated in a very hostile manner on /cg because of this. Although I've been around for years longer than this K'lael, I haven't ALWAYS been around, especially since the chat channels were put in place. As I said earlier, Keebler stuck up for me once on this issue, because he vaguely remembered a time when we were in the same clan, before LD existed, and after that, the issue went away for a little while. But it has come back to haunt me again.

My request is this: Any of you who are still active, who might remember me from in-game, should you happen to be online at the same time as me and listening in to /cg, should I be accosted in the manner I have described, could you perhaps back me up, and tell the other players on /cg that I am not the person that they think I am? It was a huuuuge help to me the one time Keebler did this, and Keeb, if you're still out there, I'd like to ask you especially, to repeat this favor for me. I still love this game as much as I ever have, largely because of the abitlity to make friends with common interests, but Solclaim recently seems to be trying to squash that feeling for me. I don't feel that I deserve it. It's gotten a little depressing for me. Not just because I'm being treated badly, but also because of the clique thing. I thought I left that behind in high school. (ok, mostly because I've been treated badly)

I'd like to believe that anyone who's been around for a while helping me to defend myself in /cg would be a positive influence. Maybe I'm a dreamer. But at the very least, I'd like to be able to separate myself publicly from this character that people hate, so that I can continue to enjoy this game the way I always have. I am me, and tho I may not be a maxed out character who can accomplish everything, I have always and continue to help others out where ever I can, and try to take as little help as possible, tho when I need it, I thank people politely for it, and do what I can to return it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, this is probably the strongest request for help I've ever made in Asheron's Call. I've asked for help with corpse recovery and other more minor things before, but this is by far more important to me. I love you all. (sucking up a bit, sorry)

Sorry also for dragging this out, had a few cocktails at the time of this request. Makes me long-winded. But I wouldn't be making this post if it wasn't bothering me. Hope everyone is well, see yas soon :D
If ignorance is bliss, how come my boss is such a grouch?

Keebler
Allegiance Council

Re: A Cry for a Different Kind of Help

Post by Keebler » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:43 am

I am still here and still play. I will stick up for you again. There is no way someone should confuse you with K'lael.

Keeb
Killing is my business, and business is GOOD!

Allegiance Council
Keebler@lastdynasty.net