gas boycot day for those of us who drive cars

Last Dynasty Public Forum
lightninggod2
Gardener
Gardener

gas boycot day for those of us who drive cars

Post by lightninggod2 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:34 am

its today... dont buy gas... buy it tomorrow Wed or something just if enough ppl dont buy gas on one day... it may put a dent in the oil n gas companys wallet...
Don't take me to the tower
And take my child away
It was I who was
The hourglass
And the sands of time like
Shattering glass went past me
Like a tunnel to the sea

sn

I got up to a lvl 141 BM

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Tue May 15, 2007 10:28 am

The problem with that is people either top off today or wait until tomorrow to do it. Either way you either have given the money to them before or will after.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Lucky Strike
Harvester
Harvester

Post by Lucky Strike » Tue May 15, 2007 8:54 pm

If you buy gas tomorrow instead of today (or filled up last night) how exactly does that harm the gas company?

So sales are a little bit light today (I bet they can't tell the difference) then they'll be that much heavier tomorrow.

Also, do you really think its all the gas company's fault? Its simple supply and demand. We haven't built a new refinery in the U.S. in 30 years so the supply hasn't gone up. On the other hand, the number of people has increased from 200 million to 300 million. When the demand goes up and the supply remains constant the price goes up ... thats a fact.

Rather then spend time working on boycotts and other things that'll never work, perhaps we should invest our time in more refineries, more efficient fuel use, more drilling inside the U.S. and perhaps even looking for new energy sources.

And have a pleasant day.