worst pet experiences?

Last Dynasty Public Forum
Spiffy Giovanni
Plower
Plower

worst pet experiences?

Post by Spiffy Giovanni » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:02 pm

hey... what are your people's worst experiences with your home pets? my most recent pet was a $750 parakeet that died due to some stupid disease.
[size=25]i love pets
[url=http://petresource.info/pet_supply_disc ... talog.html]Cheap Pet Supply Discount Catalog[/url][/size]

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Sorry to hear about your bird. They are quite fragile for all that they can live a very long time.

Not sure if it was the death of my kitty Miss Muffet, which was traumatic enough or the fact that 4 months later my kitty Licorice was diagnosed with intestinal cancer. Kinda like a 1-2 bang.

Licorice however is still with us and fiesty as ever. She had surgery to do the biopsy and it looks like they removed quite a bit of the cancer. It was a bit hairy for a week while she healed as when you've had part of your intestines removed, sometimes the two halves don't mesh and the area dies due to lack of blood flow. But she made it! We were given a life expectancy of 3 months to 1 year and it's about a 1.5 years now and she's still healthy. That's a long time apparently so we're happy.

We got a kitten about a week before Licorice was taken to the animal hospital and those two have bonded like crazy. They play every day and that's quite the feat for a 10 year old cat.

Worst pet experience turned out okay for now but it was a hard time there for a while.
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Scorcha Wench - baby magette
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

Allegiance Council Member
laseirna@lastdynasty.net

Avendossora
Planter
Planter

Post by Avendossora » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:20 am

wierd timing since they jjust announced the inclusion on non combat pets coming lol

mine was when i stept on my pet parakket when i was like 7..CRUNCH!

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:52 pm

We just recently had to put our dog to sleep.

I like fish :) They don't tear anything up. When they die, you just flush them if the other fish didn't take care of it for you.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Nash the slash
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Nash the slash » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:02 pm

Fish are too noisy!

I prefered newts you can flush those too!
happy trails all

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:34 pm

Sorry to hear about your dog Panz. Pets give so much but man it sucks when it's time for them to go.

I inherited 2 fish from work. I'll tell you right now, watching fish die of Ich is rather icky! It was so sad. And it's amazing how fast they can die from it too. I noticed the spots one morning and browsed the web to see what it was. . .an hour later and it was too late. . .one had died. The website had said time was of the essence too and boy was it ever! Last one died a horrible death. I bought the medication and it survived the initial infestation so I thought it was ok. Ich is a parasite and the white spots are the eggs. . .they come out of the eggs about a week later. Totally tore all the fins off the remaining fish and I think it was in the gills too since what I could see was pretty ragged. It was suffering so I euthanized it then :(

I don't know if I ever want fish again!
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Kamikaze Kueen - UA
"They told me I was crazy. I told them they were all crazy. Damn them, they outnumbered me."

laseirna@lastdynasty.net

Panzerfaust
Monarch

Post by Panzerfaust » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:45 pm

I have saved some from ich before, but it has been a long time. Generally it's because the water is too warm. I had my aquarium close to our atrium which would get very warm during the summer. We eventually put shades and tint on the ceiling and walls and we never had an ich problem again.
[img]htttp://lastdynasty.net/pics/panzersig.jpg[/img]

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -Horace

Laseirna
Allegiance Council

Post by Laseirna » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:44 pm

That's interesting to know. It was in the summer and it was hot at the time. I like fish so I'll remember that if I get some more.
Laseirna - archer
Blue Orchid - sword
Kamikaze Kueen - UA

laseirna@lastdynasty.net